Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to my primary today

Went to my primary today and she told me that I should have gotten the bypass. I have gained all weight back

Went to my primary today and she told me that I should have gotten the bypass. I have gained all weight back

How is this possible? Please explain, I don't understand

I'd love more details too because in my experience with friends and coworkers I've seen more people gain back their weight a year out from bypass and still maintaining with the sleeve.

What do you think caused your weight regain?

Do you feel you can still lose it? Do u still feel restriction?

I'm sorry this happened to you but be strong and determined!

Well since day one I have felt like something was not right. I did have one slip but since I have done everything right. I was down to 234 I got clear to go to the gym and do light workout and I have been going every other day. I do get extremely hungry I have to eat every two hours or I will faint. I am eating at the 1000 cal diet as told but for some reason I still gained. Today I am 252. 3 more then I was pre op

You had your surgery in mid December, right? Since you have not lost your weight, and you are only five weeks out, how did you gain it all back? Perhaps you just need to tweak your carbs/protein and calorie intake.

I also think it might be a little to early to get convinced you used the wrong surgery choice. Have you been having follow ups with your surgeon and NUT if you have one, they should be able to help you to figure out why your gaining instead of losing. If you don't mind telling us, what have you been eating on your 1000 calorie diet, maybe your getting to many carbs or sugars.

I'd love more details too because in my experience with friends and coworkers I've seen more people gain back their weight a year out from bypass and still maintaining with the sleeve.

What do you think caused your weight regain?

Do you feel you can still lose it? Do u still feel restriction?

I'm sorry this happened to you but be strong and determined!

I really don't know what cause it. From day one I had NEVER felt ANY restrictions. I read on here all the time that ppl can't swollen the Vitamins or can't get there Protein in. Or the are barely eating 4oz. I have since day one been able to do all of the above including eat MORE then 4oz with out feeling full.

I don't really know if I can loose this weight that the doctor wants. My main point of the surgery was to maintain good numbers for my diabetes. But once you decide on something you want to see a lil progress. So gaining weight has me really thinking I did this for no reason.

You had your surgery in mid December' date=' right? Since you have not lost your weight, and you are only five weeks out, how did you gain it all back? Perhaps you just need to tweak your carbs/protein and calorie intake.[/quote']

That's something I am trying to figure out. I'm in the gym 3 days a week. When I don't go to the gym I walk in the neighborhood (even in the cold).

As far as my food I was/am confused on what I am suppose to eat so I basically eat the example that the nut used in my guide book.which is instant oatmeal and Greek yogurt for breakfat( I mix them together) 2 Protein shakes I between (28 oz 25g of Protein a piece) lunch I eat over cooked cabbage and very very very thin almost mushie. I eat the chicken first (about a cup and then the cabagge(about a cup) dinner well the chicken, I made a family pack and cut it really fun for the week so for dinner I usually add a sauce or something just so it would be different taste for dinner. Then I add a veg usually broccoli (my fav). In between I eat sugar free Jello puddin and things like. That for snack. I really don't understand. I go to see my surgeon feb 6 put for now my primary doc gave me phitermine 37.9 pill to take to help me not so hunger

I have to say I would be very wary about taking phentermine without talking to your surgeon first, I don't know how it will react with the new stomach lining, unfortunately regular dr.'s don't always know that much about how these surgeries work especially if they have never had patients with the sleeve before. Also, do you think you really feel hungry or are you just eating when you feel you have to because phentermine won't help with head hunger anymore then the surgery does. Looking over your food listing what I notice is the quantities seem a little high, I never eat more then 1cup worth at any one sitting. Also when you say you add a sauce to the chicken for taste be careful what sauces you are using some sauces add a lot of cabs and calories real quick. Good Luck.

No I am actually hunger. And as far as the sauces meaning BBQ Unjury cheese sauce Things like that. And the amount of food intake is what has always scared me. I can eat alot more then what is said to be. And even when I'm done I'm still not FULL I'm just think I have had enough.

Definitely need to talk to your surgeon about that, something just doesn't seem right, but hopefully the surgeon can figure it out and get you back on track. Good Luck.

First request a copy of ur surgery pics and etc. second, talk to ur nutritionist, third try to create ur own eating habits, just because you don't feel full doesn't mean you should just eat. This is a tool to assist us in losing weight is not a quick fix. Last, bypass is dangerous. Even if the surgeon recommended it I wouldn't have done it. That's just to much rerouting my poor intestines. Wish u good luck n I hope you don't feel like this is the end of you journey, is done and now try to stay positive and help yourself to think it worked.

No I am actually hunger. And as far as the sauces meaning BBQ powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury cheese sauce Things like that. And the amount of food intake is what has always scared me. I can eat alot more then what is said to be. And even when I'm done I'm still not FULL I'm just think I have had enough.

Maybe u should stop looking for a specific “full“ feeling and for now just look for a “satisfied“ feeling as in what u have ate could hold u for three hrs. Just my opinion, good luck to u!

How long ago did you have surgery??

12-12-12