Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Submitted to insurance yesterday

I am feeling CRAZY, especially when I hear people say it only took 1 or 2 days. I guess the norm isn't such a short time. :( It's hard to be patient when you are ready to get started on a new life. Well at least we are further than we were a month ago :) I can't believe how both of us are having the same exact issues, too funny. I will friend you. We need to stay in touch throughout this process, hopefully tomorrow will bring us better news!!

I am on YouTube as dreamsleever and on Facebook as dreamsleever. Day 5 of 15 today. Not sure how people are getting approved same day or within two days.

I haven't heard anything today.

I called and they say they still don't have the paperwork when I call the pre-cert dept. I am getting a little irritated, my stuff was submittd on last Wed afternoon.

I feel your pain . I'm going through the same situation . My paperwork was suppose to be submitted on jan 14. I called the surgical coordinator and she claims she submitted last week. However , when I called the insurance today , they told they have not received anything from my surgeon. I'm super anxious bc I really want to be sleeved in feb . If I don't get a decision my next week , I'm getting all my paperwork n transferring to another hospital .

Don't do it yet, give it a little time. You don't want to start all over. I know how you feel :( . It's just sooooo heartbreaking when you have people say "I was told in 1 dat or 2 days even 3 days. I am screaming on the inside right now!!

That's how I feel . I anxious and constantly looking at my phone . I'm praying that by the end of this week , I get my approval .

You should allway call insurane yourself (at least once a day) this isn't something that we have work hard to get here... I was approved in less than 2 days and knew it before doctors office

You and me both, when I went to the surgeons office for my fist visit I almost left. I was waiting for an hour and a half and no one said a word. In the office I made a call to see another surgeon the next week, as I was about to leave they called me in. I was so impatient I can't believe I was going to leave. My husband was like "What is wrong with you calm down". It took me a while to finally make this decision so I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. :wacko:. So I am glad I simmered down, but this waiting it upping my boiling point. What insurance do you have?

I have anthem bcbs, who does everyone else have?

I am wondering if it's the insurance company or the surgeons office. I want to hear something on today.

Someone told me that they had to wait the full 15 days before approval. This is day 6 of 15 today. This is in business days. Seems like it takes a whole month after you've submitted or at least just about. I guess I should be glad that I am closer than when I started.

Called again today, got the same old story Nothing!! What the heck is going on. Why do they say they have not received Any Paper Work? I know I am anxious but I feel like the office is SLOW!!