Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Retest for H. Pylori?

H. Pylori is a bactria strand that lives in your stomach. Like 60 percent of people have it and most never know it. symptoms include' date=' black stool, burping, stomach pains. it can cause ulsers in some people and like 1-2 percent cancer. stress and spicy foods make it worse. they scope for it prior to the sleeve and bypass bc they dont want the bactria all over your body. it is curable/treatable after surgery but they dont usually do surgery with it...

im starting my second round of the antibotic pak bc mine didnt go away the first time. im already 2 months postponed on my revision surgery and idk what this latest round is going to put me behind on. it totally sucks..... i have no symptoms.[/quote']

I feel ur pain. I was supposed to be sleeved in november n because of this its been postponed until it gone. Hopefully this second dose will do the trick for both of us. Im getting an endoscopy done to see. Good luck

I feel ur pain. I was supposed to be sleeved in november n because of this its been postponed until it gone. Hopefully this second dose will do the trick for both of us. Im getting an endoscopy done to see. Good luck

just like me! i was set for november 21, then 2.12 and now for april...started the second set today. sigh. its not fun

just like me! i was set for november 21' date=' then 2.12 and now for april...started the second set today. sigh. its not fun[/quote']

No no fun at all but it better this way. I got my endoscopy on friday i cant wait to hear negative. Im hoping for a mid march date. But god knows why we didn't have it in november maybe its better like this a month flys so just have patience

What's the best way to get tested for h pylori? I had an endoscopy done August of 2011 and it only came back with GERD and a hiatal hernia. My gastro doc didn't feel it was necessary to pinch my stomach because it looked great like a normal stomach but I have acid reflux and hernia and he says my reflux is due to the hernia

this person is wrong. that statement is not true at all. they can do breath tests, stool samples and blood work. and once you have it and treat it its supposed to go away. if you come back positive you still have it. its not like TB lol

It was my doctor that told me once you have H Pylori, you have to do the stool sample or breath test because a blood test would show up positive again.

It was my doctor that told me once you have H Pylori' date=' you have to do the stool sample or breath test because a blood test would show up positive again.[/quote']

Hmmm interesting. I wonder how long it takes to get the results of these tests.

I brought in a stool sample (yuck) and I am pretty sure I had the results within a couple days. I live in a small town and I'm sure it had to be sent somewhere. If you live in a big city, you could possibly get the results sooner.

So i just had me endoscopy done about 1 hr ago n it was a breeze. They laid me down put oxygen on my and gave me an iv, they told me to take 3 big breaths while i had a mouth piece on and they injected the anesthesia and before the 2nd breath i was out . They woke me up and i felt real dizzy. They sat me in a recliner and that was all. I had a lot of gas which hurts but slowly burped it out. Then i went home. The doctor told me everything looked great so im hoping on Thursday i when i go c her the h pylori is gone do i can go that afternoon to my surgeon n get a surgery date so they can summit. Im almost there!

Mine did too! Yay!:)

Great i got a date too march 5 im so happy. Just waiting for approval

Thats great. I go in for surgery Monday. Cant wait to hear about ur approval:)

Oh yea wow thats awesome. I hope everything goes great and u have a good recovery. I cant wait to hear how it went.. :)

Thank u so much...and I will report back about my experience