Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Airline Seat Belt Extension

I have long used 'bath sheets', and even as I slim I will still use them at home, they are super huge and comfy...but to be able to go to a hotel and not have to worry about 1/2 of you sticking out and not getting covered will definately be nice!!

I can't wait for my calves to be thin enough to wear knee high boots!!

Ah this too! I can't wait to buy a super nice expensive pair of boots next fall and not have them be wide width calves or made cheaply

Flew TODAY and didn't need the extender!!! I even had about 6 inches of seatbelt left over! What what?!?!

My goal is for the towels to fit around me without a huge gap lol

When I get in shape I won't even wear towels...:)

Being able to fit into amusement park rides and being able to slide effortlessly into a booth.

There are a lot of things I really am looking forward to gaining, once I lose.

While I love flying first class (god it's nice) it'll be really nice to fly coach again, and save money, and travel more often.

I can't wait to get back on roller coasters again!!! I used to love them so much.

I want to get back up on a horse and do some horseback riding. Granted, my father in law's clydesdale could carry me, but it's the "getting up" part that I am still too fat to do.

I recently fell in love with Scuba (maybe because I felt almost weightless?) and it was VERY difficult getting into a mens 3x suit, I needed help putting on shoes and fins, etc. I can't wait to be able to do it with ease!

I want to start looking for a new/better job which I know weight loss will greatly improve my chances to compete in the workplace.

And of course the usual woman stuff like fitting into trendy clothes.

Oh! And accessing my shoe collection again! I used to be a shoe-holic, louboutin, betsy johnson, you name it. I want to fit my feet back in them, it's a damn fine shoe collection if I do say so.

I think this list could go on forever!

All these NSV's are FABULOUS. One of my favorite NSV is being able to reach the car glove box with my seat belt on AND being able to reach the trucks emergency break realse with my seat belt on. God I love this feeling and the booth thing at a restraunt is totally awesome.

I def. Love the towel one. But my top one is to go in one of my favorite stores and buy a complete outfit.....'charlotterusse" they have the cutest ....tiny clothes. Im so tired of just looking in the window!

My goal is for the towels to fit around me without a huge gap lol

Oh yeah! That was an NSV for me as well as my daughter hugging me with room to spare. I can also reach that itchy spot on back and this is TMI, but I think you will all understand - not being able to adequately wipe oneself. Now I can make by body do pretzel movements a Yogi would be proud of.

I was also at a weight where rental horses would not carry me. My friend's Morgan mare I rode could carry me, but she's a tank. I didn't used to be able to mount without a mounting block, but now I can swing myself up on the tallest horse from the ground and I'm 5'1"!

Then there is the fact that I can run up mountain trails - even at 10,000 ft.

Plus, someone said, "How ya doin' Slim" to me yesterday.

You folks have so much to look forward to and I'm happy for all of you to get this chance.

I will be flying again in May.. I hope I dont need an extension.. that is a goal for me.. I have my own..and I dont want to have to whip it out... and I know the folded arm thing to stay in my space.. usually I get next to a window so I can lean that way and pretend to sleep or do a puzzle and stay in my space..and I dont do the bathroom on an airplane cuz of my weight.. not sure I would fit..and I dont like them anyways.. but would be nice to be able to drink on a flight and not worry.. plus the rides at the amusement park will be fun once I can fit into them again.. would love that.. but the flying thing for me is a biggy since I fly often on vacations.. maybe I wont have to rent an SUV and can save money on a small car rental on vacations lol.

I am sure everyone has some simple things that they are looking forward to after reaching their weight loss goals. I personally can't wait to not have to request a seat belt extension when flying. Anybody else that had that goal or anything similar? How great did it feel?

That is my goal. I also hate turning side ways to walk down the aisle. I wait intil

I actually flew to Portland on Thursday. Even before surgery I did not have to ask for a seat belt extender, but I was getting close! My nsv is that on Thursday, I was able to cross my legs while sitting in a coach seat!! I couldn't believe it and I kept crossing and uncrossing them just to prove I could do it. Amazing! Travel is so much easier now and I plan to do a lot more!

This was a biggie for me. I went from buying two seats and using the whole extender to this:

IMG_0325%5B1%5D.JPG

I'm down about another 15 lbs from there and I can't tell you how good it feels to not have this on my mind when I plan a trip.