Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell off the wagon months ago

I was sleeved on 03/12/12...I have lost a total of about 60 lbs...I admit I never did get the will power or motivation to workout and I know that is the reason why I lost only that. I am extremely disappointed in myself for not doing my part so please keep ur negative comments to your self. I hope its not too late to start now. Any suggestions on how to begin a workout so late into it?

Just start.

Set some goals that are achievable and start working towards them.

It may have to do with a yoga class, playing a new sport such as tennis, running a half mile, taking a strength training class, or just plain ole walking 30-45 minutes a day.

Just start now.

It's never too late! Start slow and try to find something you enjoy. It may takes some experimenting but you WILL find your groove. Now you have a great tool to maximize your results. Good luck!

they are right, it is never too late. I am 1 yr out and have lost 100 pounds.. I have not lost anything in 3-4 months.... I still have 20 pounds to get to goal but I got in a rut of being complacent. I have started exercising more and changing habits again... I have a hard road ahead of me and I know I took advantage of all those pounds that melted so easily...

we both can do it, we just need to g et the will power back

Thank you so much! Step one is getting back on this forum for support! Today is the day to make some changes for the good :)

Just put one foot in front of the other and start walking, you know what to do or you wouldn't have lost 60 lbs. join the gym, once you start exercising and start feeling better it will get you motivated to get back on track. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

Go for a walk around the block. Just do something and make it a habit. Also, look at your eating and clean it up if you need to - log everything you eat (I use MyFitnessPal.com). You can keep going. It's all you and you can do it!

I'd like to piggyback on Delta. Write your goals down, make a big lofty goal, then break that big goal down into small manageable steps.

Put all the little steps in order like a time line.

Then track your accomplishments. <--- that part is imperative. You need to focus on what you've already accomplished and the next step. Don't focus on the end goal, you will get there, but the sense of accomplishment from the little ones will get you to the big one.

There is a question asked in the business world that applies here

Q. Do you know how to eat an elephant?

A. One bite at a time.

Great advice everyone! Yep just put one foot in front of the other. Baby steps and you will get there.

I was in the same boat. I wasn't exercising at all but I am now at a point that it is not just falling off. I just kept looking for something to do that was fun I finally settled on Zumba and Just dance at home.

I feel like I am in the same boat you are. I am ONLY 4 1/2 months out from surgery, down 38 pounds and the holidays were my downfall. Well they are over now and I still am not motivated. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but can't make it happen. This is my first time on this (or any site). I guess I need some support.

Good luck and hopefully we'll both find the motivation needed to get back on track!

Walk at home DVDs are a good place to start for beginners, especially the only walking ones.

dont beat your self up just start now i too havent excersized adequatley but i found walking the mall easy walking the big stores Walmart target etc some malls offer winter walking groups thats been the easiest for me cuz im not one to excersize at the gym i tried joging but too much so ive stuck to plain old walking i also take stairs and park far away from doors every little bit helps you can do it

I downloaded my run keeper and fit radio. I go to the local park, blast my fit radio and track my miles. Each time I go I try to go just a little bit further. The hardest part is getting out the front door but once I make my mind up to do it, I do. Do what you can to feel good about yourself.