Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have big container coming. the reviews were good. I'm thinking by the time I'm post op and on Clear Liquids that might be looking pretty darn tasty! Thinking positive! :rolleyes:

Just had my first bowl of broth....not great :( But I read on their website that it adds a lot of flavor to chicken salad when you whip it with no fat mayo, and it's great added to thinned down mashed potatoes. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Best of luck to those having surgery in the next few days!! We are all excited for you - keep us posted on how you're doing!

Tomorrow is my pre-op testing day. I'll be at the hospital from 6am-3pm! This evening, I'm driving down to Dayton and spending the night in a hotel right down the road from the hospital. Luckily, it's not crappy weather, but I still feel better doing it this way instead of getting on I-75 at 4:00 in the morning tomorrow.

I'm curious to know what you will be doing for 9 hours in pre op testing?

I purchased Unjury chicken Soup flavored and unflavored; I warmed up chicken broth and added the Unjury chicken soup flavored to it; It will clump, work through it with the spoon then let it sit for a minute or so to fully dissolve. I like it much better this way than with Water. It is what is getting me through. :) Last week before I started liquid phase i mised unflavored with yogurt which was good.... Learned the hard way, scrape yogurt out into a bowl so that mixing the Protein Powder in well is easier. :)

I'm scheduled for February 25th. My Preop appt is on the 14th. I started my liquid diet yesterday. This liquid diet is going to be tough! I hope I can have the willpower to stick to it. I feel optimistic but smelling the roast that is in the crockpot for the rest of the family is difficult! How is everyone else doing??

This is my last day of liquid pre op and I sooooo miss being able to have something to chew lol

I'm scheduled for February 25th. My Preop appt is on the 14th. I started my liquid diet yesterday. This liquid diet is going to be tough! I hope I can have the willpower to stick to it. I feel optimistic but smelling the roast that is in the crockpot for the rest of the family is difficult! How is everyone else doing??

I thought for sure this would be so hard for me, I have no will power.

Well I'm on day 10 and I am looking forward to surgery on the 14th! Its not been that hard for me. I think quitting smoking was harder. I have made a few dinners and decided its not in my best interest do that! Its too hard so my loving husband has been cooking for him and the two teenage boys (hes not the best cook but the boys will eat anything ha ha ). So Its worked out well. Work had been harder as they order out EVERY night. So tonight is my last day of work for a total of 32 days!!! Yay. I have 2 wereks off FMLA and then a week vacation (scheduled last year) and they just coincided together (:

And I only work 14 days a month so that's why I got so much time off

Nice. Where you at.

Philadelphia

I thought for sure this would be so hard for me' date=' I have no will power.

Well I'm on day 10 and I am looking forward to surgery on the 14th! Its not been that hard for me. I think quitting smoking was harder. I have made a few dinners and decided its not in my best interest do that! Its too hard so my loving husband has been cooking for him and the two teenage boys (hes not the best cook but the boys will eat anything ha ha ). So Its worked out well. Work had been harder as they order out EVERY night. So tonight is my last day of work for a total of 32 days!!! Yay. I have 2 wereks off FMLA and then a week vacation (scheduled last year) and they just coincided together (:

And I only work 14 days a month so that's why I got so much time off[/quote']

Good Luck to you T Storm! Let us know how you do. I am sleeved on the 19th.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

I'm curious to know what you will be doing for 9 hours in pre op testing?

Me too! It seems to be everything except the psych eval. Other than a Breakfast and lunch break, I'm getting blood drawn, x-rays, EKG, possibly an upper GI, pulmonary and cardiac testing, a meeting with financial services, meeting with an exercise person, and two big sessions with a nutritionist, in a group and one on one, and I think there is a Protein powder taste testing session, hehe, and possibly a tour. And then my final pre-op appointment with the surgeon is scheduled from 2-3.

I can see the hospital from my hotel room. Hope I get some sleep tonight, but I'm glued to the TV waiting for the Walking Dead.

I'd like an invitation to the February 2013 Social Group!

I'll be sleeved in Mexico on Feb. 21st by Dr. Garcia. My preop diet allows me a small evening meal (only clear liquids the day before surgery), but I'm thinking of going to all liquids for the final week. I want my liver to be as happy as possible when I'm in the operating room!

I have to travel home from San Diego to Charlotte NC after surgery. I've been thinking about what I'll be drinking while on the plane ride back, and wondering the best way to get Protein. Will my stomach be too tender for Protein Shakes?

Good Luck to you T Storm! Let us know how you do. I am sleeved on the 19th.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. Had my sleeve surgery done Monday Feb 4th and am doing quite well. Still little sore, but happy and good. Extremely grateful to be on the healing side now!! Having said that, I'm moving myself over to the Post-Forums now.

Good luck to everyone!! God be with!!

Forgot to mention....Only 6 days out and My blood pressure has returned to normal. No BP meds since Tuesday. Yay!!

Edited by Kimo.

Scheduled for the 12th!! I'm equal parts excited and anxious. I love that the 12th is FAT Tuesday! Lent should be easy this year!