Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol and 2 weeks post op!

Sweetheart I'm not a hater just hate ignorant people that diss people commenting on ur comment we all tried to help and then u laughed at everyone- so give me a break and everyone else - know that U realize how dumb u sounded ur apologizing - please don't feel sorry for me dumb ass I feel sorry for u especially bc ur number one priority was alcohol - I truly blessed so I hope god watches over u especially with ur habit lol

Well to comment to Sarah - the lush - if u were so concerned u should of went straight to the doctor and stop looking for attention on these blogs - it's sad that we all tried to give u advice from our concern and what could of been told us and u laugh at us - I don't think this is a forum for you bc u have been so negative and snotty to everyone who gave u advice - so listen to ur doctor and bottoms up - and stop being such an a*****e to people that r trying to help

Perhaps you did not see my warning regarding members who cannot disagree in a respectful manner without calling people names or violating other forum rules? I suggest you review our rules.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using VST

It's pretty pathetic that the ignorant people on here who ask stupid things and troll are backed up by the administration but people who truly show concern and make valid points get banned and warned. I'm about to leave this site for good and give it a horrible review on the app store and to anyone who asks me about it if this childish crap doesn't change soon. I nor anyone in their right mind will apologize for taking this surgery seriously and getting frustrated when people like the OP come on here all arrogant and carefree and feed us a bunch of malarkey and expect positive comments. Pathetic.

KarissaKhaso, what the "administration" of these forums supports is the enforcement of our forum rules, which are located here:

http://www.verticals...tion=boardrules

Those rules express how everyone has a right to post, regardless of perspective. They also say "We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning." And, they state, "Members will treat each other with courtesy and respect, especially when they disagree. We understand that bright, intelligent and educated people may not always agree, but personal attacks in the form of insults, abusive language or other means of obvious harassment will not be tolerated."

Now, asking when one may drink alcohol is not a violation of the forums rules. However, calling people ignorant, pathetic and other names is.

Okay we'll no one still hasn't given me an explanation besides empty calories !! And thank you for the answer by the way . People just want to post negative things but no answers to the questions . Psshh

And another thing the medicine .. Loritab liquid that they sent me home with contains 17 percent alcohol !!! So is there any proven fact that alcohol affect the sleeve ??? Need answers not just negative comments

Let your body heal. Why drink?

Obviously I'm on the right track if I'm down 20 pounds in 2 weeks ! The most important thing is not to stretch out the sleeve by eating certain foods that your stomach cannot tolerate . Which I have stuck to this diet . And work out 4 days a week . Just thought someone could give me some expert advice on how alcohol affects the sleeve in a negative way . If the alcohol was burning my insides or making sick in any way that would be a whole different story .

The expert would be your surgeon, ask him

Well to comment to Sarah - the lush - if u were so concerned u should of went straight to the doctor and stop looking for attention on these blogs - it's sad that we all tried to give u advice from our concern and what could of been told us and u laugh at us - I don't think this is a forum for you bc u have been so negative and snotty to everyone who gave u advice - so listen to ur doctor and bottoms up - and stop being such an a*****e to people that r trying to help

As much as I do not agree with what she as posted here and the way she has conducted herself we have no basis for calling her a lush. Lets keep it classy, please.

Well if that's all the worry than I'm fine because I still want my curves and don't want to get to skinny I'm a size 12 so in no hurry to lose more ! I do go to the gym 4 times a week to tone and follow all the liquid and soft food diet !

I smell a muddy troll... No doctor in their right mind would sleeve someone with only 20# to lose, and at two weeks out your sleeve can barely tolerate Water and Protein Shakes, let alone alcohol. If this is what you do for entertainment is start drama on a site intended to support those who need it I feel sorry for you.

I enjoy wine. I'm preop. I'm so concerned about being as healthy as possible for surgery I cut it out completely.

I honestly couldn't imagine drinking that soon postop. Especially knowing in advance all the possible side effects and complications that can come of it.

Obviously food addiction is a problem for you as you chose to have surgery. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you chose to drink so soon without researching it or talking to your surgeon 1st.

Replacement addiction is a real and common potential consequence of WLS.

Amanda Rae

I don't think Sarah came across as rude but obviously got defensive with all the not so friendly replies. She was asking a question because there is not a definitive or consistent answer. To be honest, I have wondered this same question in my head and am so glad I never asked on this forum. Wondering does not make me a "lush" and in fact I rarely drink but would I like to have a glass of wine on my wedding anniversary and not have to wonder if it so OK or safe...you bet. I was just floored at the responses.

I don't think Sarah came across as rude but obviously got defensive with all the not so friendly replies. She was asking a question because there is not a definitive or consistent answer. To be honest' date=' I have wondered this same question in my head and am so glad I never asked on this forum. Wondering does not make me a "lush" and in fact I rarely drink but would I like to have a glass of wine on my wedding anniversary and not have to wonder if it so OK or safe...you bet. I was just floored at the responses.[/quote']

This is not a criticism but... Just out of curiosity would you find out the answer before or after you had your drink?

Amanda Rae