Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you have anger management issues' date=' not to mention you're just plain rude. If someone can't disagree with you without you resorting to name calling....sheesh. You said there is life after surgery, and made it sound like that life included eating junk food. I just asked the rhetorical question, why does life have to be about eating food that we know is bad for us? That was the kind of thinking that got me to the point I was before surgery, and I can't be the only one.[/quote']

I was feeling the same way about your comments I felt you were rude and angry....

I was feeling the same way about your comments I felt you were rude and angry....

I apologize if it seemed so....I was not angry and was certainly not trying to be rude. I was only trying to offer a different view point.

I said this before and got my head taken off but I will say it again, there are some people who are extreme and those who use the sleeve as a tool lo help them enjoy a more healthful life. I have a young daughter who plays competitive sports, that includes late nights and travel. I work full time. I make healthy choices when I can and sometimes I eat the heck out if a jr, Whataburger with cheese and no bun and guess what? I eat a couple fries!!! That's right and I love the hell right out of everyone of them!! I have lost 55 lbs and I am so happy. I eat 100 times better than I did four months ago no doctor is going to tell me that a fast food hamburger once or twice a month is going to hurt me, my calories are low everyday, my cholesterol is healthy. The thing that really bothers me about the tone on this thread is that everyone here has been fat or we wouldn't be here. Now that you are finding success with the sleeve you feel it gives you the authority of a NUT to scold members who are not following your food plan. When the fact is if you knew so much you would have never needed the sleeve to begin with. So pardon my defensiveness but be nice to each other!! Haven't we had this treatment from thin people all our lives!!

I think you have anger management issues' date=' not to mention you're just plain rude. If someone can't disagree with you without you resorting to name calling....sheesh. You said there is life after surgery, and made it sound like that life included eating junk food. I just asked the rhetorical question, why does life have to be about eating food that we know is bad for us? That was the kind of thinking that got me to the point I was before surgery, and I can't be the only one.[/quote']

What you think has no relevance too me but when you tell the truth on this forum its lke throwing a steak in a pen of pitbulls. Your comment was unnessary, I didnt tell anyone else to try it.... I was simply saying dont worry yourself if you indulge every now and then. Yoir comments were rude and implied o am making life threatening decisions because I eat an inhealthy snack. It was infair to me. You dont know me like that.

I apologize if I caused any problems....Im an agressive womam but not a mean woman. Please accept my apology.

I apologize if I caused any problems....Im an agressive womam but not a mean woman. Please accept my apology.

Ok I can't believe I'm going to try to be the voice of reason here..

But I think that some of us had a serious addiction to certain foods and cannot really eat those things again because they really do make us want more..just by the sure make up of their ingredients. If you can eat one and walk away and that works for you go on. I'm not going to stop you. It's just not something I can do

3 oz turkey burger with a nice slice of 2% mozzarella and some cooked mushrooms. yummy!

But I think that some of us had a serious addiction to certain foods and cannot really eat those things again because they really do make us want more..just by the sure make up of their ingredients. If you can eat one and walk away and that works for you go on. I'm not going to stop you. It's just not something I can do

I didnt think of it that way....i can bite of a donut and walk away, I can eat half a burger and walk away....everybody cant do that. You are so right...thank you

I didnt think of it that way....i can bite of a donut and walk away' date=' I can eat half a burger and walk away....everybody cant do that. You are so right...thank you[/quote']

I'm not tempted by burgers, but if I eat a donut, or anything that sweet, I get a horrible awakening of appetite to eat more of it....and it will last for several days sometimes. And unfortunately, one day I ate 2 donuts and felt absolutely nothing...no restriction, no adverse effects of the sugar, nothing to dissuade me from wanting and eating more. I have to live clean or I will not make it.

I think you need to change your profile name to 'The Mediator'.

Glad we sorted that out. Everyones got their own road.

Wow...you folks manage to turn ANY question or conversation into an immature cliquey high school drama, don't you?

Why on earth was there any need to attack someone for volunteering their own experience? It does NOT matter if Dianne38 chooses to eat at McD's once in a while, or enjoy a doughnut. It also doesn't mean she's unhealthy or that she doesn't care about her body. Could she make better choices? Sure. So could almost every American out there, obese or not.

These things are an ingrained part of our culture and if she can use moderation and enjoy them it's her choice. I'd criticize her if she were hopping on here to complain that she's stalled and then shared that she's eating doughnuts and hamburgers. But really? The VERY first response to her was a sarcastic, overly critical snotty one.

No WONDER people don't want to post here. No WONDER people say VST has gotten too negative. And you accuse the lady that was just out-of-the-blue sniped at for sharing her experience of reacting harshly, instead of acknowledging that people here are acting like a bunch of children.

Pathetic. And things I've read about certain people here never having a single positive thing to say seem to ring true - outside of their own little posse of like-minded sharp-tongued people, that is.

~Cheri

Wow...you folks manage to turn ANY question or conversation into an immature cliquey high school drama' date=' don't you?

Why on earth was there any need to attack someone for volunteering their own experience? It does NOT matter if Dianne38 chooses to eat at McD's once in a while, or enjoy a doughnut. It also doesn't mean she's unhealthy or that she doesn't care about her body. Could she make better choices? Sure. So could almost every American out there, obese or not.

These things are an ingrained part of our culture and if she can use moderation and enjoy them it's her choice. I'd criticize her if she were hopping on here to complain that she's stalled and then shared that she's eating doughnuts and hamburgers. But really? The VERY first response to her was a sarcastic, overly critical snotty one.

No WONDER people don't want to post here. No WONDER people say VST has gotten too negative. And you accuse the lady that was just out-of-the-blue sniped at for sharing her experience of reacting harshly, instead of acknowledging that people here are acting like a bunch of children.

Pathetic. And things I've read about certain people here never having a single positive thing to say seem to ring true - outside of their own little posse of like-minded sharp-tongued people, that is.

~Cheri[/quote']

I wish you knew how many people needed to hear that.

Wow...you folks manage to turn ANY question or conversation into an immature cliquey high school drama' date=' don't you?

~Cheri[/quote']

I love reading your posts! You always hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thats not what I said....dont be an idiot. You are too vested when you cant enjoy a snack' date=' a sweet, a cookie without laying awake worrying...try reading and comprehending.....thevtwo work together.[/quote']

Sigh.