Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made some extra lean burgers one night for dinner & cooked them on my Forman grill. Added a little chopped up onions & peppers & some seasonings. No bun for mine. They were pretty tasty & still really moist.

Was it recommended to anyone else not to eat pork chops? Just because they tend to be so dry?? I miss grilled chops.... :(

Was it recommended to anyone else not to eat pork chops? Just because they tend to be so dry?? I miss grilled chops.... :(

Wasn't recommended to me but I have tried one. It was cooked medium so still juicy but it's such a dense Protein, it didn't sit well.

Maybe try a burger made out of minced pork?

Sounds pretty good... :)

I was released at my 2 week check up to eat whatever but told to try one thing at a time incase it didnt go over well so I would know what it was. It was suggested I start with fish...but I dont eat fish. We eat alot of chicken around here....even more now. And thank god for eggs & cheese. ;)

If dryness is a problem, brine them & use a thicker cut.

I'll admit that I indulge every once in awhile, but I won't say screw it and eat like crap all day, I'll just enjoy that one thing and eat right the rest of the day. If we were to stay away from everything we loved pre-op completely, it would make us miserable. The sleeve is a tool, and we all chose it so that we can make healthier choices while eating much smaller portions of the things we love in moderation. I'll even admit that I had a few bites of a big mac today, that just means I'll work harder tomorrow. Every now and then it's not a bad thing to do, we're human and to enjoy yummy stuff every now and then won't throw us completely off track, you just have to be strong and not make it a habit. We all used to be fat at one point, and we all know what it feels like to be lectured and spoken to by skinnies who frown on us, so don't be like those people. We are all here for the same reason. Back to the topic, when I have burgers, I'll use lean ground meat with real white american cheese, onions, and no bun, it's delicious :)

Laura, i live in nj. I think it would be impossible to find larry cable guy chips unless i ordered on Amazon. Lol

I'll admit that I indulge every once in awhile' date=' but I won't say screw it and eat like crap all day, I'll just enjoy that one thing and eat right the rest of the day. If we were to stay away from everything we loved pre-op completely, it would make us miserable. The sleeve is a tool, and we all chose it so that we can make healthier choices while eating much smaller portions of the things we love in moderation. I'll even admit that I had a few bites of a big mac today, that just means I'll work harder tomorrow. Every now and then it's not a bad thing to do, we're human and to enjoy yummy stuff every now and then won't throw us completely off track, you just have to be strong and not make it a habit. We all used to be fat at one point, and we all know what it feels like to be lectured and spoken to by skinnies who frown on us, so don't be like those people. We are all here for the same reason. Back to the topic, when I have burgers, I'll use lean ground meat with real white american cheese, onions, and no bun, it's delicious :)[/quote']

Very well said :)

I haven't read all the responses, but for me... no. The bread doesn't sit well with me. Bread, Pasta, rice... it doesn't feel good and, frankly, it's empty calories. I won't even order a burger from a restaurant because they are just crap. Hubby makes really lean, healthy ones and I'll take 2 oz of one of those, put some nice cheese on top and eat it with some tomatoes or whatever I want.

We don't do fast food anymore. I've been in a pinch a few times and either did Chipolte or chicken breast from a sandwich. Still junk, but...

Cheeseburgers are good for the soul....

Damnnn burgers!!! Thats why im here now! Forget those stupid burgers!!! Unless its bun free of course…lol