Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lol!! I have seen some posts with people saying they eat them!! I am just wondering how much you can get down. Moderation!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

To be honest, for me, the days of fast food as we know it are over.

There's a girl on my office who has had a band for ages. She's lost nearly no weight. She's a single mum and takes her daughter to McDonalds a couple of times a week for dinner. At times I've seen her complain about the band not working and if someone brings up fast food she says "but I only have it in moderation".

Long story short - there are lots of better options :)

I like to make my own with sirloin and good cheese. I can avoid fast food if i can make the same taste at home. Maybe low fat sliders?? I love burgers and i do not think they should be off limits as long as you are smart about their prep.

The only thing I hate. Cause I loved burgers and now chewing on it a lot sucks cause the meat is chewy. And it takes 10 mins a bite. But I love em so I'm s.o.l.

The only thing I hate. Cause I loved burgers and now chewing on it a lot sucks cause the meat is chewy. And it takes 10 mins a bite. But I love em so I'm s.o.l.

No your not! u will alway have these :)

post-43821-13813662354115_thumb.jpg

Once you're healed and once you can tolerate them, yeah, it's fine.

Just please, please do not every come here two weeks post op and ask if you can have one or our heads will explode!

There's a line to walk here. Eat well, eat quality foods BUT also work on the head game of learning how to eat in moderation. That means not fencing off entire foods or food groups because they're "bad" because it's easy to go from there to temptation to binges and grazing. The idea is to learn how to eat like a normal person. Normal people eat cheeseburgers once in a while.

So find healthier ways to incorporate those foods on occasion.

But remember that the idea here is to change - not just our pants size but our lifestyles. That means avoiding the crappy McD's burger and going for some quality sirloin you either make yourself or buy somewhere nicer.

Don't be surprised if you can only eat a few bites, sans but or no.

~Cheri

Omg what in the world is that?! That's like a freaky spider crab. Like wtf! Lol I didn't eat that did I?!

Omg what in the world is that?! That's like a freaky spider crab. Like wtf! Lol I didn't eat that did I?!

Wtf?? Now don't swear at me. You will make me very uncomfortable and I will literally be scared of you ;p

Oh my lol

Once you're healed and once you can tolerate them' date=' yeah, it's fine.

Just please, please do not every come here two weeks post op and ask if you can have one or our heads will explode!

There's a line to walk here. Eat well, eat quality foods BUT also work on the head game of learning how to eat in moderation. That means not fencing off entire foods or food groups because they're "bad" because it's easy to go from there to temptation to binges and grazing. The idea is to learn how to eat like a normal person. Normal people eat cheeseburgers once in a while.

So find healthier ways to incorporate those foods on occasion.

But remember that the idea here is to change - not just our pants size but our lifestyles. That means avoiding the crappy McD's burger and going for some quality sirloin you either make yourself or buy somewhere nicer.

Don't be surprised if you can only eat a few bites, sans but or no.

~Cheri[/quote']

Totally agree. I am 8 weeks/2 months out. The kids wanted McDonalds. I ordered a BigMac and asked them to cut it in hslf because I knew half is all I could eat. I enjoyed it, it was good, I feel no guilt and will get another one if I crave it. I think some people are waaayyyy to invested in this. I had the surgery to help me limit consumption of the things I love to eat. Not so I can never enjoy a Crispy Creme donut again. The sleeve limits me to one instead of the 3 I would eat before. I got the surgery so that the restriction of the sleeve would limit me to just half the Big Mac that I love and let my son have the other half. I eat pretty healthy but I eat what I want, when I want I can just not longer eat the amount I want......There is still life after the sleeve.

Yup waaayyyyy too invested in being healthy. Lol

I'm 10 weeks out and for me, I couldn't imagine eating a bite of a Big Mac let alone a half.

Pre op I'd crave a Big Mac so I'd have one and it was always one of those things that I'd think 'I really didn't enjoy that'. Until 6 months later and I'd be out on a job and my dinner at the station so I have another one. Same thing.

I find the sleeve gives me some control to think 'hey dude remember you don't like that #$%t' and I make a better choice.

Horses for courses,

Deano

You know what's sucky I never ate McDonalds and I'm still fat !! O_o

:lol: :lol:

Totally agree. I am 8 weeks/2 months out. The kids wanted McDonalds. I ordered a BigMac and asked them to cut it in hslf because I knew half is all I could eat. I enjoyed it, it was good, I feel no guilt and will get another one if I crave it. I think some people are waaayyyy to invested in this. I had the surgery to help me limit consumption of the things I love to eat. Not so I can never enjoy a Crispy Creme donut again. The sleeve limits me to one instead of the 3 I would eat before. I got the surgery so that the restriction of the sleeve would limit me to just half the Big Mac that I love and let my son have the other half. I eat pretty healthy but I eat what I want, when I want I can just not longer eat the amount I want......There is still life after the sleeve.

So eating half a Big Mac is eating healthy? And "life" means eating a Big Mac and Crispy Creme donuts? Or more to the point, is "life" eating what you want, when you want? Maybe life means not being a slave to cravings for crappy food that I used to eat, even half of it.

So eating half a Big Mac is eating healthy? And "life" means eating a Big Mac and Crispy Creme donuts? Or more to the point' date=' is "life" eating what you want, when you want? Maybe life means not being a slave to cravings for crappy food that I used to eat, even half of it.[/quote']

So true. Butter the bean