Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you have surgery ?

Monday 3/25

Sent from my iPad using VST

K sorry to bring this up buuut.... Hows the bowel movements going?? Im 5 days post op and no Constipation. And i know since its mainly liquids in itll be liquids out. But it just feels weird? Almost have to concentrate to let anything out. Very gassy too. Hard to explain sorry. Anyone else?? Its probably my most annoying thing im dealing with.

K sorry to bring this up buuut.... Hows the bowel movements going?? Im 5 days post op and no Constipation. And i know since its mainly liquids in itll be liquids out. But it just feels weird? Almost have to concentrate to let anything out. Very gassy too. Hard to explain sorry. Anyone else?? Its probably my most annoying thing im dealing with.

Yep. No movement here since Thursday (date of surgery). I'm pretty sure it's normal though

Sleeve Date: March 28, 2013 Weight on surgery date: 281 First Goal 50lbs: July 13, 2013 (231)

I've had nooo bowel moments. I was sleeved the 26th. I'm starting to get worried. I have been super bloated and have some gas that just doesn't want to come out!!

Mine are just dirty liquid for lack of better wording :) but i really have to concentrate and push to have anything come out.

Have you tried prune juice or anything to get things going?

I took a suppository the day I was released from hospital and every since then I've been every other day not sure what ur doc may say about that but its a suggestion

Mine are the same. Liquid mostly, and until yesterday, frequent. Also, decent amounts of gas.

Mine are the same. Liquid mostly' date=' and until yesterday, frequent. Also, decent amounts of gas.[/quote']

No bm's here. Lots of gas but even that i have trouble passing. It just rumble around, tries to sneak out, then... drumroll please....back up the intestine it goes! Disappointing. Well I had an uterine ablation in June which was nowhere near as invasive and had no bm for 5 days after. And I was EATING. Im not to worried this early out but Im going to call my surgeon tomorrow just to check. Tomorrow will be 5 days post op.

Thanks for all your replies on this bm question. Makes me feel more normal :) love that i can ask anything on here :)

My first was 4 days post op. my doctor told me if nothing by day 5 take docusate to get things moving.

Has anyone made bad food or drink choices since you've been sleeved?

I've made one I by accident didn't get fat free cream of chicken then tried to add Protein to it and it came back to bite me so double check before buying

I'm not going to lie I was close. With Easter dinner it was one of the hardest things to deal with. BUT I conquered, removed myself from the situation and had some Water and some ice pops!!! THANK GOD FOR ICE POPS!!!!! I feel right now we really don't have any room for error and we have to be as strong as can be in the beginning!