Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel you.

Today is day 12 of the liquids for me.

I just want to reach put and eat a piece of pizza' date=' or anything! I don't feel like I'm starving, but man. I want some real food! I did have some hello earlier, but that did not help much. Maybe it's time for another sugar free popsicle.[/quote']

Jello feels me up but Water does not

I weighed in two days ago at one week post op and I was at ZERO pounds lost. I'll weigh in again at my two week date. I'm not worried about it though. I'm just following my post op diet.. the weight will come off when it's ready.

We had a lot of fluids through the iv , my doc took me off the second day

I'm exactly 2 weeks post op. I lost 9 lbs on the 1 week pre op diet' date=' then 9 days post op I was down a total of 25 lbs, meaning 16 lbs lost in the 9 days post op. I didn't weigh myself for 5 days, and weighed in tonight, and I actually gained 2 lbs in those 5 days! I'm following the nutrition recommendations to the letter, so I'm not sure what that's about. Kind of disheartening. It has been a lot of work to comply with everything, and I expected to see better results.[/quote']

Do you walk any

Preop was 275 now 268' date=' just over a week out of surgery, have been getting puréed foods for about a week now. Eat only small amount getting about 600 calories maybe???[/quote']

We were the same starting rate, you are doing good

I've lost 7 pounds since my surgery on the 15th. Happy happy!!!

Awesome

Hi, I just got my hiatal hernia repaired and got the sleeve surgery on March 20. I'm feeling pretty good even though I have pain between my chest. After I walk the pain tends to subside. I imagine its gases. I keep myself hydrated but I can't stand the taste of any Isopure drinks. They make me nauseous and leave me an after taste. In other words I'm not getting my Protein and that concern me. Has that happened to anyone else?

School50, what you are experiencing is spasms of your sleeve. I was warned about these when I went into the hospital. They will subside, but your dr can give you a sublingual med that will really help. I was on one every four hours as needed, but they really hurt when they happened so he put me on two every four hours round the clock and by the third day post op, hey were subsided. I thought they were worse than the gas pains.

I think there is a part of our brain, maybe subconscious or maybe you are aware of it...I think we get surgery and expect to wake up skinny in the next week. We focus on the numbers bc we expect to be losing in huge chunks every few days. After all, we DID get our stomachs cut out. Its discouraging to not see the scale moving as fast as we thought. Im not losing as fast as I thought I would...but I know that every little bit adds up, esp over say a 6 month period. It took me YEARS to get this big...so if I can un-do in months what I did in years I will be happy. We all need to keep the BIG PICTURE in mind. 6 months is NOTHING in the scheme of life, and when it comes we will all be totally different people. Just hang in there, stay off the scale so much, and do what you're supposd to be doing. It WILL happen. How could it not???

I think there is a part of our brain' date=' maybe subconscious or maybe you are aware of it...I think we get surgery and expect to wake up skinny in the next week. We focus on the numbers bc we expect to be losing in huge chunks every few days. After all, we DID get our stomachs cut out. Its discouraging to not see the scale moving as fast as we thought. Im not losing as fast as I thought I would...but I know that every little bit adds up, esp over say a 6 month period. It took me YEARS to get this big...so if I can un-do in months what I did in years I will be happy. We all need to keep the BIG PICTURE in mind. 6 months is NOTHING in the scheme of life, and when it comes we will all be totally different people. Just hang in there, stay off the scale so much, and do what you're supposd to be doing. It WILL happen. How could it not???[/quote']

Well fortunately I did not expect to be thinner in a week subconsciously or in my reality..I'm a realist and if don't make sense it's not happening. I'm rooting for everyone and I see some want it alot faster then others. I perfer it slow and easy vs fast and dramatic. It seems like some ppl are comparing their wt loss with others and get butt hurt when someone else achieves a greater wt loss...We're different I don't want to lose wt at the same rate and as much as the next person because we have different body types and some perfer more curves than others. At the end if the day...it's not a race, the weight is going to come off so stop stressing my BariatricBeauties...your to blessed for stress : )

Biggest pre-op mistake: drinking more than normal because it was my last time. Ugh. Glad I'm giving up any form of alcohol from this point out. I know we can drink later (my doc says 3 months) but I don't intend to do so.

What were your biggest "Farewell to food Festival" mistakes?

Biggest pre-op mistake: drinking more than normal because it was my last time. Ugh. Glad I'm giving up any form of alcohol from this point out. I know we can drink later (my doc says 3 months) but I don't intend to do so.

What were your biggest "Farewell to food Festival" mistakes?

Telling my doc...

So today I started full liquids my doc said baby good thinned out. So I did bananas thinned with the Isopure alpine punch..sooo good!! Also had some butternut squash this morning thinned with Water. Three spoonfuls and I was full. Crazy!

So today I started full liquids my doc said baby good thinned out. So I did bananas thinned with the Isopure alpine punch..sooo good!! Also had some butternut squash this morning thinned with Water. Three spoonfuls and I was full. Crazy!

Baby food not good

Thanks ill remember that. What os some of the first liquids foods did you all eat?

I love the little organic pouches of babyfood. They seem so much more pure, and they have some really unusual flavor combos that are new and just work.