Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I be getting nervous excited? The 19th is my day

I think a better question is, ARE you excited? Nervous? Calm?

All of these things are ok!

If you are nervous, this is a big thing. Nerves are good. Surround yourself with good friends and talk it out...

If you are excited, AWESOME!!

I'm thrilled for you! Find new ways to Celebrate that don't involve food (something I'm working on as well)

If you are calm - Wonderful! This means you have accepted where you are and the decision you have made.

Emotions are there to give us a head's up to where we are. They are indicators. They are what they are... they may be flagging you to things from the past that have no place here and now. Remember that you made this decision and have done a lot of work and effort to get yourself to this place. You are going to be a better you. I heard someone say that if an obsticle gets in the way of your dream, then your dream isn't big enough - use that as encouragement to envision your future life -

what will you do?

where will you go?

what is your clothing style?

how will this change your life with your loved ones?

This is how I'm getting through mine. I don't regret my decision, and yes, I'm a little nervous. But, I know with everything I have that this is the right thing.

Best of luck to you, I will be praying for you!

I have been experincing alot of nausea. I was sleeved on 3/14. I know its only day three but does this get better everyday? Im not in alot of pain just having a hard time keeping any liquids/meds down. Help please

Every single day is a bit better!!!! It is amazing how's that works! I was sleeved on 3/6. Still sore still having a hard time getting puréed foods down but all in all doing good. I love that I wake up each morning a little better!

I've just had a bit of upsetting news and am in shock. It couldn't have came at a worse time.

My dad has been sober for 23yrs and my mum phoned to say he has lifted a drink......I am numb

He has been having a few health issues for a while and the Dr keeps reassuring him he is fine but he is getting so worked up about it that he suddenly hit a depression last week. I think he is worrying about my op too.

I was 14 when he found alcoholics anonymous' date=' so for 23yrs hes been going and doing great I cannot believe he's went back on it. I am absolutley floored

I am on my own with my little girl of 3 and rely a lot on my mum and dad we are close. They were planning on looking after Hattie when I was going in for the op. Now I don;t know what to do. Do I cancel? My mum says no but there is just no knowing what state he will be in by next week.

My stress levels are through the roof but I don't want to cry on my mums shoulder she's got enough to deal with. I'm trying to be a grown up.

One thing though the thought of food is making me feel sick

Am totally devastated :([/quote']

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would be stressed to the hilt as well. I'm sure he is worried but you are doing the best thing for you and your daughter and for them. Depending on you mum and dad is something great to have. Many do not have that at all. You are truly blessed. It's truly hard when we have no control over situations. Be strong and take care of yourself. You've got a lot going on soon. I pray all will get sorted out with your dad. You are going to make through this stormy time.

Bostonhook & Angelaet

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am still shaking with it all. His AA friends have been round but he's begging for a drink and lying and hiding drink. My poor mum. She's hiding all the car keys and watching him like a hawk.

I'm keeping away for the sake of my daughter. But fingers crossed he gets some straight thinking from AA tonight.

I guess I feel kinda selfish to be going for my op while all this is going on. But I've waited so long for this appointment I want to be done and on the other side.

I wish someone could wave a magic wand and make it all ok.

My husband had the surgery last march and had chronic nausea and stomach spams. He took zoforan and valium. That helped. He also took sulfonamide (sp?) and reglan. Now he just takes protonix twice a day 40mg

My husband had the surgery last march and had chronic nausea and stomach spams. He took zoforan and valium. That helped. He also took sulfonamide (sp?) and reglan. Now he just takes protonix twice a day 40mg

I had my surgery 5 days ago and I am now just starting to feel better so hang in there the 19th is almost here and you are going to be just fine. the first few days are the toughest but it does get better. think of how wonderful you are going to feel in a few months. Blood presure will be better, clothes will fit better and will start to get too big for you. If you are a diabetic you will improve, everything will be better, just walking will be easier. I will keep you in my prayers sugarmoma. God Bless,

I am sleeved. Doing pretty well.

Bostonhook & Angelaet

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am still shaking with it all. His AA friends have been round but he's begging for a drink and lying and hiding drink. My poor mum. She's hiding all the car keys and watching him like a hawk.

I'm keeping away for the sake of my daughter. But fingers crossed he gets some straight thinking from AA tonight.

I guess I feel kinda selfish to be going for my op while all this is going on. But I've waited so long for this appointment I want to be done and on the other side.

I wish someone could wave a magic wand and make it all ok.

My fingers are crossed too. It's great he has his AA friends to help. They are very important. I hope he gets things together from AA also. And bless you mum. She's doing her best.

I know it feels selfish but we need to be selfish to take care of ourselves. I wish I had that magic wand for you. My grandpa drank for years. It was hard on my family too. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

@pollyp I'm great hun yesterday my sissy pick me up went shopping for the grandbaby' date='I'm going on like if I haven't had surgery that's how well I'm doing,and I was sleeved march 4th.. How are you?[/quote']

I'm good... See dr nick on Monday... Energy is good, stamina is still a problem... Taking long walks... My outlook on life is wonderful!!! So glad I did it!!!!!

Just a quick question to anyone who has already been sleeved I had a really bad experience today I got 40 grams of Protein in within 3 hours I want for a beautiful walk around my block with my mom before the walk though I use the bathroom obviously dispensed some gas went for my walk came back in from myself on the toilet probably another handful of times I was cold freezing actually I had cold sweats I wanted to die that has been my only negative experience so far I am now going to be getting my second bottle Isopure to get my last 40 grams of protein in anybody else experienced this I mentioned it to my girlfriend who had gastric bypass because her husband had the sleeve done and she said that it actually happened to Anthony and she believed he got some of the dumping syndrome but I have had no sugar just my Liquid Protein and Water and some propel 0

It's sounds like dumping?? Check with your md...

How hungry do you get? Do you feel full after a small amount of food? I hope i don't always feel hungry!!!!

I feel hungry too and I feel like i can drink more than I should. Today is the first time I felt full.

I am suppose to get my sleeve 3/27 but just got a letter from the doctor that has me confused.

saying the authorization from my insurance is based on medical necessity and not a guarantee of payment. I am confused and don't know what that means...

I am suppose to get my sleeve 3/27 but just got a letter from the doctor that has me confused.

saying the authorization from my insurance is based on medical necessity and not a guarantee of payment. I am confused and don't know what that means...

Im pretty sure that the doc is just covering his bases, in case for some reason the insurance doesn't pay. It seems on every medical paper I've signed there has been some clause stating billing insurance is not a guarantee of payment. They do this so they can bill you if insurance backs out. You should call just to make sure but if your insurance has already authorized the surgery it will more than likely be fine. BTW Im on the 27 th too!