Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially sleeved! My story is a little more intense then others. Had surgery on wednesday and everything went ok with that. I had to have a hernia repair as well. Well the nausea following surgery was horrendous! They tried every medicine to help but everything made it worse. A day and a half of dry heeving. Not so much fun! They made me stay an extra night so i was there 3 nights overall. It was the worst. Not so much the actually surgery it was just the nausea that was out of control. Hope everyone else had a better experience then me. Feeling better now that I am home. Nausea is gone and still a little pain. One of the incisions is pretty tender but other then that sip sip sip

I had a similar experience...minus the hernia repair...I felt like I had the flu and was puking for days...surgery was Wednesday, came home today..still feel like crap!!! No pain in the surgical area...just body aches..don't know why???? Anyway good luck to a speedy recovery..and yes sip sip sip . I feel that's all I do..lol

Just out of curiosity -- what is the price difference between having it done in Mexico and having it done here? Why are so many people having to go to Mexico? I'm having mine done March 26 and it can't come soon enough. I'm worried about pain post op cause I have six year old who doesn't know why mom's going to be hurting for a bit. And my husband says he'll be helpful but I don't know how long that will last. I'm hoping my mom will be there to help me for a bit till I get back on my feet. Wish me luck. I wish it to all of you.

Im going to Mexico bc I don't have insurance and its much cheaper.

Not sure how much it is in Mexico. I am in the Dallas area and my sleeve cost $12,200 out the door. Included all pre-op tests, all hospital costs up to to nights, I don't know if my room was a normal room but it was actually a beautiful 2 room suite. Also follow ups for as long as I want.

I know lots of cities are way more expensive in the states, some are lower. I am lucky to live in an area with top lots of notch surgeons and facilities to choose from. If you look in the self pay-Mexico forum I'm sure they can let you know what the costs are there.

Hope this helps. :)

20th sleevers: we have a private FB page if your interested message me....

I know you all love you some GS Thin Mints right? I just made the yummiest shake of nectar choc truffle Protein Powder with a dash of peppermint extract' date=' skim milk, ice, a little Water & a scoop of my body by vi weight management vanilla cream powder! I sure hope thats in the allowed items we can have bc OMG! AMAZING! Thought I'd share...prob wrong thread thou![/quote']

That aounds yummy!!

Folks! Feeling REALLY blessed right now! I was offered a job in AZ yesterday! Annnnnd.... I received formal approval for my surgery on the 19th....Finally! What a great end to a crazy week! Excited and scared and know that God has a plan! Hope everyone is doing great! Start my liquid diet tomorrow....kissed Dairy Queen goodbye in style tonight. :)

Woohoo!!!

It is so hard not to cheat on the liquid diet. I am on day 5 and I am hungry. Broth' date=' Jello and popsicle are getting old along with the Protein drinks. Anyone else having the same problem?[/quote']

I am on all Protein shakes... I'm able to mix with fruit, yogurt... Ect... Because I work at nigh I have been eating salad and turkey burger (no bun) that has been working well...

20th sleevers: we have a private FB page if your interested message me....

It won't let me send u a private message

It is so hard not to cheat on the liquid diet. I am on day 5 and I am hungry. broth, Jello and popsicle are getting old along with the Protein Drinks. Anyone else having the same problem?

I am only on day 3 of 6 and I am right there with you! I have not cheated.... but my mind keeps thinking about solid food..lol We can do this. How many days do you have left?

It won't let me send u a private message

I just sent you one..

I am actually having sleeve surgery Monday March 11th... which is 2 days away eeeeek

I have been on the Optifast liquid diet for 9 days now with the allowed sugar free ice pop here and there. No Cheats which is very hard for me in a house that always has people cooking delicious smelling foods.

I'm having it done on Long Island NY

I am on all Protein shakes... I'm able to mix with fruit' date=' yogurt... Ect... Because I work at nigh I have been eating salad and turkey burger (no bun) that has been working well...[/quote']

I am also on the 20th. For some reason i cant send you a private message

I am actually having sleeve surgery Monday March 11th... which is 2 days away eeeeek

I have been on the Optifast liquid diet for 9 days now with the allowed sugar free ice pop here and there. No Cheats which is very hard for me in a house that always has people cooking delicious smelling foods.

I'm having it done on Long Island NY

Where in ny? I am having it done at huntington hospital by dr buchin