Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really loving this thread! Everyone is so helpful and supportive. I'm really anxious about the whole thing and every time I get the alert emails from this thread it gives me a little pick-me-up. Thanks to everyone for just being awesome.

Hi everyone! Surgery was noon yesterday. So far so good. I do have a little uncomfortable pain in my chest. Nothing bad tho.

little bit of an update. was sleeved mon, went home tues. Im still having trouble getting all my fluids and Protein in but im getting closer to the target every day. not really much pain but the occasional gas/hiccup flare up and as far as the hunger is concerned i havent been hungry yet and i have to force myself to eat (by far the weirdest feeling since ive been hungry from the age of 8). all in all im pretty excited for this journey and if i was forced to come up with one negative thing so far... it would be that taco bell released the cool ranch doritos loco taco days after i was sleeved. damnit. lol jk. hope everyones doing and feeling alright and prayers to those with surgeries coming up.

Pure Honesty!!!!! My only regret about the gastric sleeve is that I can't uuuggghhhh' date='drink me a tall cold glass of Water straight down....its SIP SIP SIP[/quote']

I like pure honesty. I feel like I read all about unicorns and rainbows and I am not feeling all positive right now. My surgery was the 6th. I love this thread tho!!!

Hello, all March Sleevers!

Congrats to all who have gone through surgery so far this month, and prayers to all who have yet to do so.

I start my pre-op diet on Monday. I am armed with broth, different packets of Protein Powder, sugar free pops... jello... all sorts of fun stuff.

I'm just hoping I don't get to grouchy the first 3 days. I work with the public for my job, and I have to say I'm concerned.

Past that, things are well.

At my last doctor's appointment, he and I had a little bit of a run in over a misunderstanding, but that's behind me now. I love most of the people at the clinic, in fact the head nutritionist and one other nurse checked in with me even though I was not on their schedule for the day.

I'm very excited about the life change. I'm looking forward to SO many things! I wonder where I will fall on the weight loss spectrum... slow or quick. I'm hoping for quick, but that's primarily because I am going to be in a wedding in August, and I want to surprise them all with how I look.

I recently found a big sale at Avenue and I bought $450 in clothing for $104. It's just nice to have them hanging in the closet.

I'm also currently arranging sizing tags in the closet so that I can quickly find what I need and have a way to purge quickly! I honestly can't wait to empty my closet!! lol

You are all so supportive, and though I don't post much, I read in here several times a day.

I can't wait to hear all our stories!.

Oh, and here are my starting stats:

Age 39

Height 5'3"

Highest Weight 369

Current Weight 365

Goal Weight 140

Total weight loss goal: 225

I hope to be at least 270 by the wedding.

Thank you all for being so understanding and so open!

I am enjoying reading all these messages' date=' especially those who were recently sleeved. It helps me to hear the details and various opinions of what post-op feels like. Does anyone actually feel hunger? Or is it just emotional cravings?

Welcome back to all & i'm still laughing about Leo's sexy body comment!

I am on pre-op diet now. Lost 3.5 pds in 2 days, which amazes me. Surgery is 3/13. I am a bit scared. Not so much about what could go wrong, or the pain. I'm scared about the unknown. I don't know what it will feel like to try to swallow anything. Will it hurt? I know i will miss chugging cold Water when I'm thirsty. Will there ever be a day when we can swallow more than a sip?

Okay, this is long enough. You are all in my Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kikplayniceprayers. :)[/quote']

Hi

I'm not hungry at all! The first 24 hours I couldn't stand the sight of food or the smell but that passed. Not hungry yet but I'm surely thirsty. Surprisingly I'm able to swallow maybe 2 sips at a time. No gulps good luck

It is so hard not to cheat on the liquid diet. I am on day 5 and I am hungry. Broth' date=' Jello and popsicle are getting old along with the Protein drinks. Anyone else having the same problem?[/quote']

Yessssssss I had the same diet. This diet Put a lot into perspective for me. it was absolutely horrible. I'm 6 days post op and still have night mares about the pre op diet. Hang in there as much as u can.

It is so hard not to cheat on the liquid diet. I am on day 5 and I am hungry. Broth' date=' Jello and popsicle are getting old along with the Protein drinks. Anyone else having the same problem?[/quote']

Im on day 4. For me the night time is the hardest part. I just have to keep telling myself it will be over soon.

Officially sleeved! My story is a little more intense then others. Had surgery on wednesday and everything went ok with that. I had to have a hernia repair as well. Well the nausea following surgery was horrendous! They tried every medicine to help but everything made it worse. A day and a half of dry heeving. Not so much fun! They made me stay an extra night so i was there 3 nights overall. It was the worst. Not so much the actually surgery it was just the nausea that was out of control. Hope everyone else had a better experience then me. Feeling better now that I am home. Nausea is gone and still a little pain. One of the incisions is pretty tender but other then that sip sip sip

Officially sleeved! My story is a little more intense then others. Had surgery on wednesday and everything went ok with that. I had to have a hernia repair as well. Well the nausea following surgery was horrendous! They tried every medicine to help but everything made it worse. A day and a half of dry heeving. Not so much fun! They made me stay an extra night so i was there 3 nights overall. It was the worst. Not so much the actually surgery it was just the nausea that was out of control. Hope everyone else had a better experience then me. Feeling better now that I am home. Nausea is gone and still a little pain. One of the incisions is pretty tender but other then that sip sip sip

Sorry you had a rough time of it. So glad you are feeling better now. I was sleeved on Wednesday also. Home and trying get all my liquids in!

Keep sipping!

So, I had my surgery yesterday. I was too tired and out of it to come post an update here. All I wanted to do was sleep. The surgery went well. I think the gas pain was worse than the belly pain. My doctor also repaired a fairly large hiatal hernia while he was in there. So I think that compounded the pain and the gas some.

Went for my X-ray this morning, and everything looks good. No leaks, and he said the hernia looks to be healing nicely. I'm now taking in Clear Liquids, VERY SLOWLY. I have been disconnected from the IV and morphine pump. I'm now on Tylenol with codeine. I'm actually feeling pretty good right now, for the first time since surgery. Not so much in pain, I can best describe it as "tightness" in the belly. They want me to drink Protein. They gave a packet of liquid that I can put into Water or cranberry juice. It is not flavorless, and it is NASTY with a capital NAS and a capital T. I have my wife bringing up the free Unjury flavorless powder samples the nutritionist gave us to try, and I will probably mix it into the chicken broth they brought me.

I will be released tomorrow, and so glad to be on the other side. I'm not gonna lie, the first 24 hours was pretty much hell, but I'm actually feeling pretty good right now, knock on wood.

So' date=' I had my surgery yesterday. I was too tired and out of it to come post an update here. All I wanted to do was sleep. The surgery went well. I think the gas pain was worse than the belly pain. My doctor also repaired a fairly large hiatal hernia while he was in there. So I think that compounded the pain and the gas some.

Went for my X-ray this morning, and everything looks good. No leaks, and he said the hernia looks to be healing nicely. I'm now taking in clear liquids, VERY SLOWLY. I have been disconnected from the IV and morphine pump. I'm now on Tylenol with codeine. I'm actually feeling pretty good right now, for the first time since surgery. Not so much in pain, I can best describe it as "tightness" in the belly. They want me to drink Protein. They gave a packet of liquid that I can put into Water or cranberry juice. It is not flavorless, and it is NASTY with a capital NAS and a capital T. I have my wife bringing up the free unjury flavorless powder samples the nutritionist gave us to try, and I will probably mix it into the chicken broth they brought me.

I will be released tomorrow, and so glad to be on the other side. I'm not gonna lie, the first 24 hours was pretty much hell, but I'm actually feeling pretty good right now, knock on wood.[/quote']

I am glad that you are feeling better BIgDaddyJoe and thanks for the great idea of taking your own Protein Powder to the hospital just in case theirs is NAS to the T!

Great to here big caddy, iam so nervous about my procedure on the 20th, I am freaking out, please keep posting I really want to see how progress

I am hoping it will calm me down a little. Thanks and good luck

Good luck! I am here in Las Vegas, too. I am scheduled Friday.

Hang in there kiddo, we are waiting to hear back from you ... COURAGE ... think of the next pair of pants you will have to buy after losing a ton of weight ....