Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the hospital right now' date=' been post op for for close to 20 hours now. A little sore but not too bad. However, going almost 30 hours without Water is KILLING ME! I'm going down for my swallow test hopefully within an hour. After it's done, then and only then will I be able to drink. This is torture, the thirst is worse than any pain right now.[/quote']

I would agree not having any liquid for a prolonged period has bee n very difficult. I bought some biotene at Walgreens prior to surgery, at the recommendation of another poster on this site and it has been a lifesaver. It is a moisturizing mouth spray and it has helped tremendously.

I hope it gets better for you soon.

I don't have to do it either. I'm wondering if I should????

I was sleeved yesterday and my doctor didn't have me do it either and everything was fine.

Hi, I am scheduled for a March 27th surgery date. I meet with my dr. on March 12th for a pre=op visit. I am excited but a little nervous. It's nice to have a site where we can help support and be there for each other. I can't wait to join the lossers' bench. I wish the best for all of you ! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress.

:)

@PaperBullets - I am also going through Duke Raleigh. Who are you seeing? I am seeing Dr. Omotosho. I spoke to the nurse today and after my nutrition class, next Monday, they will submit for approval. She seemed to think it would occur quickly but that his next available date is not until the second week of April.

@Carolina-Girl. Oh too cool - he was originally scheduled to be my doctor too but ended up being scheduled with Dr. Yoo as he had a more flexible schedule and could see me sooner (I have a funky work schedule). But I've heard such great things about your doctor! The nutrition class is surprisingly awesome. There's no judging or anything, you know? And they give a ton of practical advice that I wasn't expecting. Sucks on the whole 3 hours long thing though! But if you have your lab work done before the appointment they do send approvals that evening so there's a plus.

My surgery went good on mon. No big surprises pretty Much the stuff I expected from reading through the forum. My Two biggest issues were the cotton mouth, it was really bad. I thought my mouth was gonna epoxy shut. Second was hiccups, they weren't regular hiccup but some sort of internal hiccup, they hurt, I've had them before but nothing like that. Was released tues evening from the hospital after I did all my walking and was able to sip 40oz over time and keep it down. Thx for the thoughts and prayers.

I keep seeing posts on how everyone is doing pre op diets only a week or two before surgery. My surgeon has had me on a diet since january. High Protein no carbs. Is that normal? I go in for my pre op testing at the hospital today...a little nervous not sure what they have to do. Surgery is March 14. Its getting soooo close

Good luck to all our sleevers today! Prayers and hugs coming ur way! My big day is tomorrow. OMG I can't believe it's here already!!!!!!

I keep seeing posts on how everyone is doing pre op diets only a week or two before surgery. My surgeon has had me on a diet since january. High Protein no carbs. Is that normal? I go in for my pre op testing at the hospital today...a little nervous not sure what they have to do. Surgery is March 14. Its getting soooo close

Since there is no information in your profile, I have to ask: is your BMI exceptionally high? My doctor does one week of diet if your BMI is under 45, 2 weeks if it is 45 or above. He says it is to shrink the liver to get it out of the way to make the surgery easier. If your BMI is very high, your doctor may opt to do the diet longer to cut down on complications.

Since there is no information in your profile' date=' I have to ask: is your BMI exceptionally high? My doctor does one week of diet if your BMI is under 45, 2 weeks if it is 45 or above. He says it is to shrink the liver to get it out of the way to make the surgery easier. If your BMI is very high, your doctor may opt to do the diet longer to cut down on complications.[/quote']

My bmi is 41. Im 5'0 and 236. Starting weight was 254. I am losing weight due to the diet so its not all bad. I was just wondering if anyone else had to do a pre op diet for as long. I guess the more you lose the easier the surgery is.

Well, tomorrow is my big day. The cold is subsiding and I am working hard to make it go away before morning. Not an easy task, believe me. I am going to give myself one more Neti Pot treatment and go back to bed. Today is clear liquid day so it is tough enough to do that and get this dang cold out of my system, but I am determined. Nothingis going to get in my way. Anyway. Hope all the 6th sleevers are having a great surgery and I will see you all on the flip side. :-)

Well I'm leaving for the hospital in about 15 minutes! Surgery is at 1:30 I can't believe its finally here!!!! Will update you all post OP!!!!!!

Oh suck! :( Did they give you a reason why?

Oh, I meant to say: I am seeing Dr. Bellanger in Baton Rouge! He is fabulous and has never ever had a leak!

JolieBug are you in Baton Rouge? I'm in New Roads. Having surgery in New Orleans with Dr. William Richardson. Have you found any support groups locally?

Well I'm leaving for the hospital in about 15 minutes! Surgery is at 1:30 I can't believe its finally here!!!! Will update you all post OP!!!!!!

Good luck!!