Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Luck to you today!!

Good luck to you too!!

I'm scheduled for the 26th. I start liquids on the 12th. Getting excited and nervous!!

Julie, we have to be buddies! I'm on the 25th! Good luck on your liquids, I don't have to do that, but I am making changes now to get used to post-op diet.

I am having second thoughts and a really down morning. I am doing this without any local support so I am turning to you all. What creative prep talks have you all either given yourselves or were given by your support? I tell myself it will be worth it' date=' one day at a time, you can't keep living this unhealthy, etc but this morning, it isn't working and I am ready to call it off.[/quote']

Your going to do great!! Just think about how healthy and good you will look when all this is done. Just be strong and keep your head up you can do this. God Bless

Sitting at the hospital to do my pre op stuff for surgery on Thursday! Time is going by Sooooo slow its worse than waiting on Christmas but Im Ao excited. Good luck to everyone having there surgery today"!!

I am scheduled for my sleeve on the 11th. I woke up yesterday morning with congestion and a lot of coughing. I got worried about not being well by my surgery date. My doctor requires 5 days of high protein/low carb diet and then 2 days Clear Liquids. I have already done 1 day of my Protein diet and the doctor's office calls me and wants to change my date till the 18th. I guess it will give me time to get over this cold, but I was ready and now the delay has made me a little depressed. I prayed that if God does not want me to do this, then he will stop it. Is this God stopping it? I really want and need to lose weight desperately.

What's going on this morning that's making you have second thoughts?

Im tired and the scale went up three pounds instead of down without me changing a thing. On the pre op diet and sick of it already. I just wonder if I can do it. I think I just needed a pep talk and there is no one around to do it. Probably I just need to stop thinking about any of this in the morning now that I am limiting my coffee intake.

I think having second thoughts is normal. This is major surgery and a decision not to be taken lightly.

Personally I am not scared of the surgery' date=' but of failing myself to commit to the changes and challenges I will be required to make.

I am a person of faith, and I believe that I can handle and do all that will be required with The Lord on my side.

Not having a support system is difficult, please message me if you need to discuss anything.

When are you scheduled for surgery?[/quote']

I am scheduled for the 21st. Thank you so much for answering me. It's so great to have this virtual support.

Surgery tomorrow and so I am sitting here trying to suck down this liquid magnesium citrate laxative to prep my bowl and I dont think I can get through it. I literally gag with every sip. I have tried plugging my nose, I have tried using a straw, and even a chaser and I am only about 2 oz into the 10 I have to consume. Lord have mercy on me. This is awful.

Newnay: why did you make this decision? Do those reasons still stand? Do you believe you can do this for yourself? We can't offer physical support (that's not a fat joke, lol, just a distance statement!), but emotional and mental support is openly shared. How many days preop are you?

Coco.c: God may not be saying no, he may be saying "not right now," to allow you maybe a little more time. We don't have to understand. He will tell you more than once if it is not right, so don't be discouraged.

Surgery tomorrow and so I am sitting here trying to suck down this liquid magnesium citrate laxative to prep my bowl and I dont think I can get through it. I literally gag with every sip. I have tried plugging my nose' date=' I have tried using a straw, and even a chaser and I am only about 2 oz into the 10 I have to consume. Lord have mercy on me. This is awful.[/quote']

I'm going to give two responses since I'm not sure of your personality and which kind you need:

1. Ewwww! It will be over soon and you will be on your way!

2. Suck it up, princess and get chugging or you'll poop yourself tomorrow and be the gross one.

Be Fantastic!

Newnay: why did you make this decision? Do those reasons still stand? Do you believe you can do this for yourself? We can't offer physical support (that's not a fat joke, lol, just a distance statement!), but emotional and mental support is openly shared. How many days preop are you?

I weighed 294 at my highest, 290 at my first appointment with the Doc and nothing worked to get me where I need to be. I got passed over on a big promotion and found out by accident it was because of how I look. I really don't ever want that to happen again. I am scheduled for the 21st and only officially started me preop on Sunday but have been trying to follow it for 2 weeks now to make sure I make the weight because I am a really slow loser. Yes the reasons still stand and thank you for making me say that. I needed to do that. You guys are wonderful.

Surgery tomorrow and so I am sitting here trying to suck down this liquid magnesium citrate laxative to prep my bowl and I dont think I can get through it. I literally gag with every sip. I have tried plugging my nose, I have tried using a straw, and even a chaser and I am only about 2 oz into the 10 I have to consume. Lord have mercy on me. This is awful.

Is this normal? My doctor didn't say anything about doing that, just no food or drink after midnight. I had to drink that stuff last year when I had my colonoscopy, it was very nasty, but I just chugged it down.

HAHA JolieBug! I love both responses :) Thanks for the encouragement! I wish I could chug it Bigdaddy but unfortunately I am not a chugger and never have been :/ Darn those college years for not teaching me the proper skills for the future :P