Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! My date is march 20. I'm from Long Island NY and ready for a new life!!! My doctor is dr John angstadt from st Charles hospital. He was the head of bariatric surgery prior to coming to ny and I think he's fantastic!

Hi am also from long island and scheduled for the 20th. I'm having it done at Huntington hospital by Dr buchin

Thanks for the Great Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I'm getting sleeved on March 4th! Last Monday I started my 2 week full liquid diet. I don't even get a small meal. Today is day 6 and I've lost 12.4 pounds. My mindset to get through it is "if I can't control myself enough to do 2 weeks of full liquids, do I really have any business having the surgery?" That is what keeps me going. My daily menu is this:

B: chocolate Premier Protein shake

S: SF Jello

L: 2 cups of broth

S: vanilla Premier Protein Shake (for my ride home from work)

D: Atkins Advantage strawberry shake

S: Max of 3 SF Popsicles

I drink a ton of Water, Propel Zero, & Diet V8 splash when I need a change.

I'm not going to say that it's not a struggle. It's really hard. I just know that deep down inside, I want this surgery. I need this surgery.

I had to pick up whoppers at Burger King today for my husband. I also had to pass up coconut cream pie that my son wanted for his birthday yesterday. My sons birthday cookie cake that is staring me in the face on my counter right now. I wanted to just lick the salt off of my sons snack cheddar goldfish earlier. The loaf of bread is calling my name... I think you guys get the point. Lol

This is a struggle. You are not alone! Just keep your eye on the prize! Good luck to all!

D mixon I know just how you feel. I actually get tears from time to time thinking of things I wont be able to do (eat a hamburger AND hotdog on 4th of july, eat a whole watermelon, get a 5 course meal on cruises) but then I mentally slap myself. Who cares what I wont be eating?? I will be too busy living to miss it! I will be able to play tennis again, run around playing with my kids, fit into the theater seats comfortably...SHOP! I am giving up something good for something better!

I am on day 5 of a liquid pre-op diet im only down 6 pounds! This is the hardest thing I have ever done. I am also sick with laryngitis and the flu!! March 6 is the big day for me in Tijuana!

I am on day 5 of a liquid pre-op diet im only down 6 pounds! This is the hardest thing I have ever done. I am also sick with laryngitis and the flu!! March 6 is the big day for me in Tijuana!

I had viral laryngitis week before last! Not fun at all! Hope you get to feeling better! Good luck with your surgery!

Hi Guys' date='

I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein Shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?[/quote']

Hey Kriss

It sounds like u have a diet similar to mine. It has been tough. I can only have Protein Shakes SF drinks, SF Popsicles and SF Jello and veggies. This diet has been so hard for me. What has helped me is the more Protein shakes I drink the less hungry I am. Since I can have veggies I have been able to eat salads but I struggle with not putting any dressing on it. We will keep each other up lifted:-)

Just starting day 3 of my pre op diet. So far so good. For those of you that are allowed a Lean and Green meal, I need some ideas. What is everybody eating? My doctors office didn't give me any rules for these meals!!!!! So far I have been eating chicken breasts and salads....

Fish (and I am not a fish person) salmon wild caught is high in Protein, tuna, imitation crab in my salad. Turkey burger did I say salads! lol...carnation essential Breakfast starts and I have bought shakes, & couple of high Protein Shake drinks...that's about it! o real variety myself! :)

Hey Kriss

It sounds like u have a diet similar to mine. It has been tough. I can only have Protein Shakes SF drinks, SF Popsicles and SF Jello and veggies. This diet has been so hard for me. What has helped me is the more Protein shakes I drink the less hungry I am. Since I can have veggies I have been able to eat salads but I struggle with not putting any dressing on it. We will keep each other up lifted:-)

Maybe I can help you out a little. My friend made up a dressing when she did this pre op diet and its pretty good. Balsamic vinegar, some Water, garlic powder, pepper and equal. I like balsamic vinegar, so I'm happy. :)

Hi all, getting sleeved on the 1st and soooo excited! The pre-op diet has been the hardest thing, but that too has gotten much easier. I have been on the full liquid pre-op for 3-1/2 weeks now and have lost 31 lbs woo-hoo. Someone replied earlier " you've got to keep your eye on the prize" that is so true! I have to tell you I have been tempted to just "try" something but I didn't (thank goodness) it would really suck if I had eaten something and that caused me to not be able to do the surgery. Again I just tell myself food isn't everything and keep your eye on the prize! It looks like we have a great group of March sleevers , good luck to all of you.

March 21st here!!!!

I am no longer a March sleever -- I will be an April, May, or June sleever, but I'm definitely shooting for April.

My arm still isn't healed from my surgery in November, so my arm doctor is telling me no, I'm SWAMPED at work and my boss is being a major bit** about me taking half a day off for tests and a full day off for my pre-op class where they go over surgery, the hospital stay, the food stages...

Ugh. So whatever. Hopefully my arm will heal, my boss will get the stick out of her ass, and I can get caught up with all the work that keeps getting piled on me.

I will be tuned in to hear allll about your sleeves! Please keep me updated -- I want to know every detail so I can be super duper prepared when my turn finally rolls around.

**Oh, and I already completed 5 days of my pre-op diet and lost 7 lbs! I'm going to try realllly hard to not gain between now and when I start my pre-op diet again. The first day was hard, I had such a bad headache the second day I just stayed in bed, and by day 3 I wasn't really hungry, so I just want to encourage everyone who hasn't started yet, or maybe just started your pre-op diet... YOU CAN DO IT! I know it's challenging, especially when every other TV and radio commercial is about FOOD!

And I totally realize that 5 days of pre-op dieting is nothing compared to 2-4 weeks like some of you are doing... My 5 days was only intended to encourage people that are in their first 4 days lol

BigDaddyJoe, you forgot me on your list. You were asking why there's not more guys, then forget one of the guys on here! I forgive you, this time! I'm scheduled for March 11.

I started my pre-op diet today. I'm supposed to start on Monday, but after I finished up my 3 months of supervised diet and getting my insurance approval I kind of started to panic about not being able to eat anymore and went on a rampage. I put back on a bunch of the weight I lost in the supervised diet. Then two days ago Girl Scout Cookies showed up. Nothing screams temptation like 2,200 boxes of delicious Girl Scout cookies sitting in your living room staring you in the face. After eating three boxes of cookies in two days I decided I needed to kickstart my pre-op diet a couple days early, so here I am.

Today went well. I had three Protein Shakes and for dinner I had about 1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti with 1/2 cut of meat sauce. I haven't had any soda today either! I usually drink about a 6 pack of diet per day so it is going to be tough to kick that habit too. I did have two cups of coffee today though. Baby steps I guess. I figure getting off the caffeine will be easier if I do it slowly.

Good luck March sleevers!

post-40933-13813663381985_thumb.jpg

Hi Everybody,

Well, today is my 61st birthday and I am starting day 4 of the liquid. I am really struggling and trying to figure out how I can make it 8 more days. In fact, I had to break by having a banana last night. I was so hungry and just had to have it. It definitely helped and I will continue from here. I beat myself up over it, but it was just that I had to have something and I figured a banana was better than something else. I have lost 5 lbs these last four days so I know things are going well. I am back on it and will continue without beating myself up. That damn head hunger is definitely beating me up.

Anyway, I plan to have a good day and not go out to dinner with hubby or have any cake. It will be a difficult birthday for sure, but I keep thinking about next year. I have a lot to keep my mind occupied all day with church, rehersals and a play audition so I should be ok. Have a great and healthy day everyone.