Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, it is getting close 2 weeks to surgery. March 11th will be here before I know it.

I'm counting down the days too!! Woo March 11!

I'm not telling anyone other than my mother&two sisters,my life is not everyone's businesses,jus because they only will have negative things to say,Don't want the hypobull.....

I hope to have mine during the month of March. My consult with the surgeon' date=' bariatician, and nutritionist is on 1-31 and as long as I pass all of their medical tests they'll give me my date. Hopefully I can get everything accomplished during the month of feb. so a march date is

possible. I do not have a supervised diet with my insurance-I just have to pass their required tests (x-rays, upper gi, etc.) first. What is the upper GI like for those of you that have gone thru it? Is it an x-ray or do they go into your stomach with a scope? I thought I had an upper gi years ago, but it turns out that it must've been an upper endoscopy because they twilighted me for the procedure.[/quote']

I had mine last month it is a scope down into your stomach. U get really good drugs that will knock u out and u will not remember the whole thing. U will need someone to drive u to and from because the mess will be in your system for at least 12 hours

See' date=' that is exactly what concerns me about this whole thing, and makes me question if I should even go through with it. I've done low carb diets, and actually did quite well on them. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months once doing high Protein and low carb. Then when I went off the diet, I gained back 50. So, if this is just a glorified 'diet', then I could probably do this on my own without surgery. Someone please tell me I'm crazy for having doubts, and that I need to do this because it is a tool for long-term success.

[/quote']

No go with it... I did a diet called ideal Protein. In less than 6 months I lost 100 + lbs... It was wonderful and easy..... But as soon as I stopped... I gained it all back. So you can do it yourself but this surgery is a tool for you to use along with the diet, exercise.... We got this!

Just got confirmation today, my surgery is officially March 4!

hey mate i am from aussie land so iam going to thailand. long way from home but still saving money even with airfares and accomadation. going by myselg too so bit worried i will be bored after i feel bit better. wish it was this month

I've been spending some time looking at the before and after pictures. All I find myself doing when I look at them is SMILING!! everyone looks so happy! Whenever I start to get those butterflies, I think of those pictures and it takes away all my jitters. These pics are incredible!

hey mate i am from aussie land so iam going to thailand. long way from home but still saving money even with airfares and accomadation. going by myselg too so bit worried i will be bored after i feel bit better. wish it was this month

You won't be alone. Check in here and we will help you through it. Feel free to PM me. :)

Just got confirmation today' date=' my surgery is officially March 4![/quote']

Congrats! That's the day I will be released to come home.

Starting my pre-op diet March 1st. I know it will be a hard two weeks of nothing but liquid. I am from Louisiana you know and we are known for our food. LOL I guess thats what got me in this position in the first place.

Here is my request. I am trying to find positive sayings about this journey to print out and put all over my house so no matter where I look while on the two week liquid diet I will remember why I have started this journey in my life. So if anyone has any quotes' date=' personal sayings or any thing at all, Please post them here so I can add them to my list.

Thanks![/quote']

I don't have quotes for you but when I started this journey, I needed something to help with my doubts so I started making two lists and whenever I doubt or get concerned about not being able to follow through with what I need to do, I read/add to the lists. List one is titled "never again" and its all the things I am disgusted with in my life because im fat. There are 48 things on that list and I am still adding. Some are obvious like being able to shop in the sections of department stores that have a better selection of clothing. Some were ones I hadn't thought of until I started the list like being at a function and looking at a perfectly normal plate of food and obsessing over the fact that it wasn't going to be enough. The second list is my NSG list and several of those are things like "not do..." Something from list one. There are also simple things like " be able to cross my legs". I can't wait to start crossing those off. Some will be hard to achieve so I put a while bunch in there too that I hope to achieve early on. I am also thinking of creating a milestone list where I can Celebrate a major achievement. Like getting to onederland!! I would love to hear everyone else's NSGs so I can add to my last.

I haven't been on for a couple of days....too weak from my pre op diet!!!!! LOL :lol: