Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

oneless, our stats are basically identical! Same height, weight, same goal weight :) I will be glad to see how it all plays out for both of us!!!

I too am hopeful for a March surgery date. Have pre-op testing completed. I have my last 6 month supervised diet appt Feb 5th, then everything gets submitted to Insurance for approval. I don't yet have a weight set in my mind that I want to use as a goal. Hoping just to be much healthier with the new me. I will be a conversion from lapband( didn't have much success).

Are ya'll telling everyone you're getting it done, telling just a handful of friends/family, or keeping it completely secret? I've told about 10 ppl total. I just don't feel like advertising it all over FB etc. I don't really want to open myself up to potential negativity, you know? I'm sure once I drop all this weight within the first few months (6 months, 8 months, whatever) people will be asking how. I will probably tell the ones who specifically ask but I'm not going to be running around screaming the news.

Are ya'll telling everyone you're getting it done, telling just a handful of friends/family, or keeping it completely secret? I've told about 10 ppl total. I just don't feel like advertising it all over FB etc. I don't really want to open myself up to potential negativity, you know? I'm sure once I drop all this weight within the first few months (6 months, 8 months, whatever) people will be asking how. I will probably tell the ones who specifically ask but I'm not going to be running around screaming the news.

I've told only my boyfriend and my sisters. It's not a secret, but I'm not advertising it either. Once I start losing I'll have no problem saying I've had surgery.

I've talked at length with my husband, my sister (whose been banded 10 yrs), my best friend, and a few other friends who have had wls. I'm telling my parents this weekend. I also don't want to share it all over but I anticipate saying with more people add I go along.

I've talked at length with my husband, my sister (whose been banded 10 yrs), my best friend, and a few other friends who have had wls. I'm telling my parents this weekend. I also don't want to share it all over but I anticipate saying with more people as I go along.

I just completed the last of requirements for insurance this week. Submission to insurance sometime next week by my surgeon. My endoscope is scheduled for Feb 1st. I am told that it takes about 2 weeks for insurance to make a decision, I have Humana PPO Healthy Living, so I guess we will see what they say....I am shooting for a date the 1st week of March. I also have not told many, only my parents daughter and life partner (all who are very supportive). I am so ready for this as it has been many years of researching, thinking, diets etc. A little nervous though as I am 58. My BMI is 35.5 with approx. 70 lbs. to lose. I think I am more nervous about the insurance company than anything else, it is a battle that I do not feel we should have to endure after everything we have done to come this far! Good luck to everyone...hope all goes well and we will be in this together...March 2013 will be independence month for us!

I am not telling everyone. I've told two people at work and my friend and family. If anyone at work asks me if I had it done, I will deny it lol.

Cas, do you have any Co_morbidities

Yes, I have high cholesterol and triglycerides, borderline sugar, cervical disc disease, myofascial muscular pain, 3 bulging lumbar disc, joint pain, cardiac cath in 2009, family history of diabetes on both sides, heart disease, high bp, hi cholesterol, carotid artery disease.

and Gerd

Wow cas, sounds like this surgery could really help with those comorbidities (at least we hope, right). I have my endo the 1st of feb, too. So we are on get similar time lines.

Hi Futuresleever,

My name is Cheryl and I am scheduled for March 11th. I am still getting all my forms completed before I have a 2nd visit with my surgeon on Feb. 26th. I am so happy and yet so scared. I am happy to see that there are some folks who having WLS in March. I am hoping we can stay connected and help each other thru this process. Good luck to you and keep me posted.

Hi everyone! I I have a surgery date of March 28... I am a teacher and will be doing it the day before my spring break so I have 12 days before I return to work. My ultimate goal weight is 130. I am 5'0 and 200lbs right now...my bmi is about 40. Everyone keeps acting like I am not overweight enough to have surgery but I have seen so many people with lower bmi's than mine that have had the surgery done. I am just ready to be at a healthy weight and live a healthy long life with my three kiddos.. Without always battling my weight. I have told my husband obviously. Also my parents my best couple of friends and my 1st grade team at school. I don't think I plan on telling much more people but if questioned it isn't something I would deny. Well we should all keep in touch since we will all be sleeved around the same time!