Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestion for surviving the airport

I flew to TJ today. I'm currently on only Clear Liquids, surgery tomorrow. My saving grace to get through the clear liquid stage has been Isopure, btw. I bought the ready-to-drink 20 oz bottles, which have 40 grams of Protein each. They keep me sated for about 4 hours (for me, every 10 grams of whey protein seems to keep me satisfied for an hour). They are expensive and I know a lot of people don't like the taste, but I have found that some flavors are better than others. The cheapest place that I have found them is luckyvitamin.com and they sell a flavor assortment--a dozen bottles, 6 flavors. Anyway, I went to school before I went to the airport, so it had been more than 4 hours since my Isopure by the time I got to the airport and I was STARVING, especially as I started to pass all the restaurants. And, of course, my departing gate was directly across from a Burger King. It turns out I was prepared, though. I actually bought Unjury chicken Soup flavor in packets for this very purpose. I brought 4 with me so that I would have enough for the airport coming and going. I also brought a food thermometer so that I could make sure that the Water is the proper temperature for the Unjury. I went to Starbucks and bought a 16 oz cup of hot water (they charged me 30 cents), which is enough for 2 packets of Unjury--like I said, I was STARVING--then I went to a table and pulled out the thermometer and the Unjury. The water was way too hot, but luckily, I had also bought a bottle of cold water before I got to Starbucks and, also luckily, they gave me 2 cups. I was too impatient to wait for the water to cool down on its own, so I poured half of the hot water into one of the cups then added cold until it got to the right temp (then poured some back so that it was back to 8 oz), added the Unjury and I was in heaven. I then repeated the process for the rest of the water and consumed the 2nd packet, for a total of 42 grams of protein. It helped me to survive the temptations at the airport and on the airplane (they came around with pretzels and they were selling food) and make the hour long car trip from the airport to the hotel. So, if you think that you might be hungry at the airport or during your flight or soon after and you're on clear liquids, I highly suggest bringing something like the Unjury chicken soup packets with you.

Thanks icon23, I know its almost 12 over, be sure to get some rest, you have a life changing day ahead...I remember your confllict of scheduling and right now today, your there.I will definitely send a prayer through and anticipate your experience, be blessed.

I will be in your shoes in a four weeks! I pray all goes smoothly. It's great you're the only surgery, you'll get all the attention :). I'm trying to prepare mentally and physically. Continue to keep us posted as much as you can. But also rest and recover once your procedure is done. We are all praying for you.

I am so excited!

I flew to TJ today. I'm currently on only clear liquids' date=' surgery tomorrow. My saving grace to get through the clear liquid stage has been Isopure, btw. I bought the ready-to-drink 20 oz bottles, which have 40 grams of Protein each. They keep me sated for about 4 hours (for me, every 10 grams of whey Protein seems to keep me satisfied for an hour). They are expensive and I know a lot of people don't like the taste, but I have found that some flavors are better than others. The cheapest place that I have found them is luckyvitamin.com and they sell a flavor assortment--a dozen bottles, 6 flavors. Anyway, I went to school before I went to the airport, so it had been more than 4 hours since my Isopure by the time I got to the airport and I was STARVING, especially as I started to pass all the restaurants. And, of course, my departing gate was directly across from a Burger King. It turns out I was prepared, though. I actually bought unjury chicken Soup flavor in packets for this very purpose. I brought 4 with me so that I would have enough for the airport coming and going. I also brought a food thermometer so that I could make sure that the Water is the proper temperature for the Unjury. I went to Starbucks and bought a 16 oz cup of hot Water (they charged me 30 cents), which is enough for 2 packets of Unjury--like I said, I was STARVING--then I went to a table and pulled out the thermometer and the Unjury. The water was way too hot, but luckily, I had also bought a bottle of cold water before I got to Starbucks and, also luckily, they gave me 2 cups. I was too impatient to wait for the water to cool down on its own, so I poured half of the hot water into one of the cups then added cold until it got to the right temp (then poured some back so that it was back to 8 oz), added the Unjury and I was in heaven. I then repeated the process for the rest of the water and consumed the 2nd packet, for a total of 42 grams of protein. It helped me to survive the temptations at the airport and on the airplane (they came around with pretzels and they were selling food) and make the hour long car trip from the airport to the hotel. So, if you think that you might be hungry at the airport or during your flight or soon after and you're on clear liquids, I highly suggest bringing something like the Unjury chicken soup packets with you.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing that awesome tip. Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go great for u.

Thanks for sharing that awesome tip. Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go great for u.

I was sleeved today, actually. Surgery was successful with no issues and I'm doing well. I've walked the halls a few times, burped a bit, and don't feel much pain at all--gas or otherwise. I'll be writing up a more detailed account of the experience later.

Go icon23!

I was sleeved today' date=' actually. Surgery was successful with no issues and I'm doing well. I've walked the halls a few times, burped a bit, and don't feel much pain at all--gas or otherwise. I'll be writing up a more detailed account of the experience later.[/quote']

Opps I see that lol I am always a day late and a dollar short. So happy everything went well. Thank u so much for posting your experience. It really helps us soon to be losers.

Great tip, thank you so much!!!! I had not considered that at all!!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well!