Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

...........all of these posts have turned into a real HORROR STORY.....just let it be! .....sheeeeesh! :( just sayin! ;)

Frank I am so glad you had a wonderful outcome. But what on earth do you have against me? You don't know me. You don't know my story. You joined just to bash me and now shockingly you're back? I don't know the OP of this thread' date=' but MY story is real and I have a right to share it just as you have a right to share yours. Why do you feel otherwise?[/quote']

Seems like you are confused thinking everyone is here to bash you and is against please clear your heart we all have better things to do to think ill about anyone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

Frank, please, if you find me off then let me go hun.

You joined this forum to complain about me for some odd reason. I have to admit that that was a bit "off" in my opinion, frankly a bit scary. Why would some guy who has no idea who I am join a forum just to post a rant about me? It made me uncomfortable and as such it stuck with me. I deal with uncomfortable situations with sarcasm. I did it when I was prom queen as well :P

Listen, I would be happy to never see your name again attached to mine. Please, I will never mention the F word again if you'll take this obsession away and let me just live my life my way? You go on about yours as well and we'll both be fine. But please, leave me be? There is no reason for this stuff. If my sarcasm after your first nasty post bothered you, I'm sorry. Genuinely. But you are literally scaring me. Please, leave me alone?

Shockingly I am back? What the heck does that mean? I don't have anything against you' date=' to be honest with you, you don't even register in my mind. The reason I mentioned you is because when I read this thread I saw you discouraging people from getting the VSG. You're being irresponsible in doing so because of the overwhelming imperical evidence that disproves the fear that you are peddling here. Bottom line, VSG surgery is overwhelmingly safe and changes lives for the better. You had a bad experience. We have all heard about it MANY times. Move on and move over and let the rest of us get on with improving our lives.[/quote']

You are 100 % correct ....Bravo

Amanda' date=' when I was tipped off to the other nutty posts, well.....she seems a bit off is all. I really felt that I had to point them out.

Look, I am not going to get into some war with iggy followers vs. people that don't like her for whatever reason. To be honest with you I am not that attached to this forum for all that. I found it right before my surgery and thought I would share my experience. If it's going to become some hassle them I am done, it's that simple. I actually prefer to join a GOOD Facebook group. If anyone knows of a good one please private message me.[/quote']

Well... I think I have kept quite long enough...iggy is a big girl and yes she can handle her own. But I do want to tell you something Frank, I remember your first post where you wrote "The main poster that does that to me has a screen name that starts with the letter "i". Everybody is terrified of leaks and all the negatives of this surgery and I just haven't been able to relate to many of the topics." That was pretty mean and I avoided it because a lot of things that are said on this forum are just laughable! The whinnying, complaining, blah blah blah makes me sick. I just shake my head and keep it moving. I do however look for stories that WOULD benefit me.

Iggys story scared the crap out of me but I will tell you something, her story made me prepare myself. Emotionally and mentally. I did more research bc of her story that I knew 100 percent I was doing the right thing for ME. And I reached out to her and I thought she would have convinced me NOT to have the surgery, but you know what? She didn't. And I have to say she is probably one of the nicest people I have met on here.

I am NINE days out today and god blessed me with no complications. But i was prepared for the worst should that have come.

To many it may seem like she is trying to discourage them but in hindsight she is just giving her opinion as she wouldn't want someone to go through the pain and suffering she did.

I hardly ever post for reasons like these bc I don't have time to fight an online battle. I come on here for education but some times it seems there is more cattiness then anything else. I notice ppl would rather answer the same posts over and over again about whoaaaaa is me I didn't lose any weight blah blah blah when instead they should be answering posts about ppl with more serious issues. I did this for my health first and FOREMOST. Being Sexy again is a bonus!

And lastly if you are not so attached to this forum why are you still trying to make your point?

Anyway I'm done and no matter what negative response that come after mine, I really don't care.... I'm not going to reply and take the high road. I am said what I came to say bc at least one person on this forum made a difference in my life and it pisses me off when the ppl I care for are attacked. And yea you attacked her from your very first post... You should have just ignored her posts when you saw her name if you didn't want to read what she wrote, but I bet it intrigues you because other wise why read it????

God bless, good night, keep your head up!

" I notice ppl would rather answer the same posts over and over again about whoaaaaa is me I didn't lose any weight blah blah blah when instead they should be answering posts about ppl with more serious issues"

Hey lady, I'm not losing weight very fast! And it is a serious issue to me!! :P

That's awful-I have never heard of a story like this-I have already had my surgery, and thank the lord I am ok...but I am so so so sorry for the pain your sister and family have gone through. :(

There is no point of talking about iggy and her new supporter sexyjiminez cause I think it wouldn't make any difference. I would not be surprised if iggy started the topic herself posing as someone else. There are pros and cons in anything we do. Iggy sole purpose of people who have their doubts including me is to make sure people don't get discouraged . You are not playing this game fair though any one who have doubts you are bashing them then you laugh when this disrespectful kid Joseph call someone a wh**e so from what I observed so far you have some issues going on and your imagination is very strong . It's an open forum and people have right to post their opinion you can't bully them or push them to the corner. Also your new friend sexy whatever her name is ???? Is telling someone since they don't log in everyday they shouldn't have an opinion ..Lol r u guys delusional ???? It doesn't matter if some one logs once a day or once an hour they have same right like anyone else to express their opinions .........,.....Big Frank you have every right to express yourself :)

Hey guys, it's been a slice. I wish you all success in your VSG journey. This has become way to tedious to continue. So long all!

Hey guys' date=' it's been a slice. I wish you all success in your VSG journey. This has become way to tedious to continue. So long all![/quote']

I know how you feel ....

I'm amazed that any newbie would ever feel comfortable posting in this childish and hostile environment. Really, people. Can't you keep your personal animosity to a minimum?

As for the repeated insistence that the OP is a fake for only posting once, why one earth would the OP post here regularly? Did anyone read the original post? The OP didn't have a sleeve. Why on earth would a family member of someone choosing surgery be an active poster on a forum for a surgery they aren't having? I can tell you, my mom isn't hanging out on VST. Try not to dismiss her off the bat if she shows up one day and posts once!

I do not agree with everything iggychic says but she has EVERY right as a patient that has had surgery to share her experiences, positive or negative. Whether or not I agree with her approach every time simply does not matter. The same goes for anyone else. As I said before negative feedback is VALUABLE because complications DO happen. Do not expect that the 1% that experience them are going to be thrilled that it happened, regardless of whether or not they knew it was a possibility.

If you want sunshine and rainbows all the time the real world is not a place for you. If you weight your value in life by the number of people that "like" you in a public forum or on a social website, you might have a reason to be so offended when people disagree or have conflicting opinions. But for crying out loud, nobody's value or worth is determined by those things, regardless of what they think.

In any case, as we don't have a post from the person that chose to undergo surgery, we don't know how she felt. The reality is that her family could be devastated but she could feel that she knew it was a risk. She could also be angry and resentful. We don't know, because she didn't post. But attacking the OP for sharing a story, even if the method wasn't ideal is ridiculous. I've had my comments watched or topics locked for possibly offending people and making them scared to post. The way this entire thread has de-evolved is exactly what I think the moderators are trying to avoid. I'm certain it'll be locked shortly.

People disagree and not everyone words things the same ways. We don't need to revert to our kindergarten selves when it happens. We can still be adults about it, can't we?

~Cheri

Hey guys' date=' it's been a slice. I wish you all success in your VSG journey. This has become way to tedious to continue. So long all![/quote']

I understand mate

There is no point of talking about iggy and her new supporter sexyjiminez cause I think it wouldn't make any difference. I would not be surprised if iggy started the topic herself posing as someone else. There are pros and cons in anything we do. Iggy sole purpose of people who have their doubts including me is to make sure people don't get discouraged . You are not playing this game fair though any one who have doubts you are bashing them then you laugh when this disrespectful kid Joseph call someone a wh**e so from what I observed so far you have some issues going on and your imagination is very strong . It's an open forum and people have right to post their opinion you can't bully them or push them to the corner. Also your new friend sexy whatever her name is ???? Is telling someone since they don't log in everyday they shouldn't have an opinion ..Lol r u guys delusional ???? It doesn't matter if some one logs once a day or once an hour they have same right like anyone else to express their opinions .........' date='.....Big Frank you have every right to express yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST[/quote']

I don't understand what you're saying. I do want to be clear that while I agreed with the gist of the comment that the young gentleman was saying (that it was wrong to bash the OP) I think I also clearly told him he should consider his language wasn't effective nor necessary. He's just a kid, but there was no need for that.

For the record, I did not make this first post. If I had the moderators could trace that fairly easily. I did read it because I had complications and like to support folks who have as well because it's a scary and lonely road. I also always comment on Delayed Gastric Emptying and issues with GERD because they are particular passions of mine as well as special needs children. I believe that this surgery has it's value for many, including Sexy who contacted me a few weeks ago about her fears. She had very valid reasons for having the surgery and we chat back and forth via email because I wanted to know how she was going in her recovery. She's a sweet gal and thankfully doing quite well. I do that with several people :)

I think that this thread has gone far enough and should be let go. I didn't mean to get into a battle, I just wanted to support someone who sounded like they needed it. That's all. Sorry if it offended for some reason.

I would not be surprised if iggy started the topic herself posing as someone else.

That is ridiculous. Iggy tells her story openly, she has no reason to hide behind a fake profile. Why hasn't this thread been blocked yet?

..... It doesn't matter if some one logs once a day or once an hour they have same right like anyone else to express their opinions .........,.....Big Frank you have every right to express yourself :)

.......Plus you only have one post.

I can guarantee its someone who didn't get approved or someone who is scared to go thru it and is making things up to discourage other people only one post since they joined wow.....

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. You say Frank has every right to his opinion regardless of how few posts he has, but the OP needs to be discredited because he/she only has one post. There is a word for that...oh yeah...hypocritical. And you...who just joined what....4 days ago??? Telling us how much you think you know about Iggy and her intentions. You don't know squat. You weren't around when she was posting daily from intensive care.