Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome

Cool. I'm 20 pounds from my docs goal. Maybe not a vet but not a newbie either. I propose a ban in this forum on stalls, soft foods and complaining about complainers who complain too much.

Hey, I've fixed lots of stalls in my day. Mostly had to do with dead batteries and getting mud slung in my face while wife held the wheel and popped the clutch. Come to think of it, some of that would probably stop a weight loss stall if it didn't kill me.

So, I'm having a tough time getting in all of my Protein and Water. Nothing taste like it used to and I wonder how long this Constipation is going to last. LOL, ROL, LMAO...........so glad there is now a forum for vets, great idea!

tact /takt/ Noun Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues. Synonyms delicacy - finesse

Butta..your forbidden fruit is Peanut Butter..mine is those cursed sesame sticks ..fried, salt, nutty goodness..can't go within 15 feet of them or I'll scarf down the whole bag!!!

I could eat a whole bag of the spicy ones mixed with peanuts.

You are a veteran.

tact /takt/ Noun Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues. Synonyms delicacy - finesse

Huh? Nope. Sorry. None of that in this forum. The point is to get away from the walking on eggshells.thang.

This is not the place to come and sing Kumbaya, or to get purposely offended and teach people how to play well with others. We were doing fine thanks.

ir·rel·e·vant

/ɪˈrɛlthinsp.pngəthinsp.pngvənt/ Show Spelled [ih-rel-uh-vuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt] Show IPA

adjective

not relevant; not applicable or pertinent

ir·rel·e·vant

/ɪˈrɛləvənt/ Show Spelled [ih-rel-uh-vuhnt] Show IPA

adjective

not relevant; not applicable or pertinent

Haha!!

Take it easy Laura. There have been many bashing threads on these forums but this isn't one of them. It's just a place to chill out and not worry about all the things that the newly sleeved and pre sleeved worry about. All of us here still participate in those other threads.

I understand that BTB. And I'm not offended by it anymore.

I've looked at some of all of your early threads and well.. Everyone was new at some point!

In the beginning stages people are going through a lot of things and are very emotional about everything. do you guys remember that time? Yes I know everyday the same questions get asked.

I am glad that "you guys" have your own place but sometimes I wonder if you realize everyone can see what your saying and maybe some things should be left unsaid or in private on Pm's

A lot of "newbies" want to look up to you but are scared to do so because of some of these comments..it almost sounds sometimes like there is contempt for the new people.

I don't know and I'm sure those girls up there will have more to say. So go on I can take it

P.s. butter I've been reading your running threads. And well let's just say if an axe murderer were after me I'd just stop and turn around and say "take me" because this fat ass isn't going anywhere fast! But what I'm curious about is the intake of liquids while running or working out? When I go to the gym and work out I get really thirsty but cannot hydrate without feeling sick.. How did you deal with this?

Laura , I used to have a friend that imagined wild dogs chasing her when we were on the steppers. My legs would be burning so bad and she was like don't stop the dogs are coming lol

I stopped anyways lol

I am always afraid now of wild dogs chasing me and I can't out run them. Hehe

I would get off that machine and my legs felt like wet noodles.

As for hydration, I still struggle but I can drink more at one time now. I just need to carry Water with me like I did in the beginning.

That's what I'm wondering.. See I am able to drink Water just fine. But for some reason when I'm exerting myself it makes me nauseous.

Now normally I will look for any reason to stop working out. But I NEED to do it. I just wondered if its something you guys had to build up to.

I constantly wet my mouth while working out.

Being on a high Protein low carb diet has made my mouth dry dry dry and when it gets bad while working out I feel nauseated. I'm actually adding more carbs lately like more veggies and salads.

It's helped a lot with the dry mouth.

I understand that BTB. And I'm not offended by it anymore.

I've looked at some of all of your early threads and well.. Everyone was new at some point!

In the beginning stages people are going through a lot of things and are very emotional about everything. do you guys remember that time? Yes I know everyday the same questions get asked.

I am glad that "you guys" have your own place but sometimes I wonder if you realize everyone can see what your saying and maybe some things should be left unsaid or in private on Pm's

A lot of "newbies" want to look up to you but are scared to do so because of some of these comments..it almost sounds sometimes like there is contempt for the new people.

I don't know and I'm sure those girls up there will have more to say. So go on I can take it

P.s. butter I've been reading your running threads. And well let's just say if an axe murderer were after me I'd just stop and turn around and say "take me" because this fat ass isn't going anywhere fast! But what I'm curious about is the intake of liquids while running or working out? When I go to the gym and work out I get really thirsty but cannot hydrate without feeling sick.. How did you deal with this?

Well....as to hydration. I put propel in my Water when I'm working out so it tastes better, but the real key for me is hydrating BEFORE I work out. So I drink a 32 oz bottle before I ever start. It takes me 30 to 45 minutes. But I just start drinking in time to finish it right before my workout. That way I don't have to chug Water throughout the workout. I can still sip, but I won't come close to dehydrating even if I don't.

As for the rest, you're right. We all should be considerate of what we say. I don't think anyone feels this sub forum gives us a green light to start bashing new people, and I certainly hope it doesn't turn in that direction. But I would like to add, everyone who has posted to this forum, and all the many other vets have handed out countless tips, advice, insight and help over and over again. This forum is full of people helping people. I won't speak for anybody else but I try every day to help somebody here, and I like to think I usually do. And for that effort, just in the last 2 weeks I've been called an idiot, a nazi, I've been cursed at, insulted, talked about and even told that I would fail at my weight loss efforts (despite all evidence to the contrary). All of that by people who have been sleeved in just the last 2 months, and it's happened many times in the past. Almost every time it happened was because I tripped over someone's sensitivities. Sometimes on purpose, but most of the time it was inadvertent. But still I got hammered.

So to me, this sub forum is a safe haven where I don't have to worry about that, and I don't intend too.

Thanks butter,

I will try drinking before and see if that helps. And as far as the rest goes I get it . I know that I've stepped in it many times here! (today for example).

I did see some of the stuff you had to deal with this week... It's got to be trying some times. I've gotten so confused about diet after reading all of it. I start to think maybe I should lighten up and eat those things.. But I also think it would be trouble if I did.

I too try to help others as I am grateful for those who helped me. but veterans need a place to talk and share info.

I akways try to be kind but honestly why do newbies people come to this forum when there are a dozen others? If vets dont have a safe pkace to talk about our own unique challenges we get little out of VST....and eventually fade away. And then people wonder why so few vets post...