Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve in Nov of 2011 and decided to get my arms done. I went to Dr. Steven Robinson in Columbus Ohio. It cost about $4800 paid all by me (no insurance coverage). I had the procedure on Dec 21st and was off work for 2 weeks. I have scars running the length of my arms from elbow to under arm pit. The left arm is still swollen (and more so than the right, but I am left handed) I have internal stitches and then external removable stitches. The stitches were removed after 2 weeks. I never had a drain. It was painful but more like someone punched me in the arms many times...they are numb along the stitch line still and the swelling might be present for up to 3 or so months. I had compression sleeves I was wearing till the 2 week mark but due to some drainage into blisters my doc stopped the compressions and the blisters have resolved I started "Scar away" silicon sheets with light athletic arm sleeves to hold them in place and use Vitamin E oil when the scar away sheets are not on.

I have the pic of the day before and then the day after surgery wrapped and the stitch line prior to the stitches being removed. Already the scar line is starting to fade in the lower end.

Gayle

post-10335-13813662213404_thumb.jpg

post-10335-13813662214079_thumb.jpg

post-10335-13813662214748_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks pretty amazing...you can see a big difference even right after surgery. I will be anxious to hear how your are doing/feeling as you recover. Thanks for sharing the photos, too.

Thanks kmwheel,

The doc thinks he will use my arms for his before and after book. LOL my old fat will be famous. When i asked the doc how much he took off...he said "let me put it this way... A LOT!" LOL

Gayle

Your stitch line looks great!

Your pictures are fantastic. How far out was the third(the stitches) picture? I just had my arms done on the 10th in Tijuana Mexico. I paid $1800.00 for the arm lift with Lipo. They look so good I can't believe it. I have never had such thin arms. I am to wear my arm compression garments for 4-6 weeks, they say the longer the better. I only have a couple of removable stitches that too can come out in 2 weeks.

Best wishes to you and your recovery.

They really do look great. I am planning on doing this- thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

looks great! Thanks for sharing pictures. Yours incision looks great.

Your pictures are fantastic. How far out was the third(the stitches) picture? I just had my arms done on the 10th in Tijuana Mexico. I paid 1800.00 for the arm lift with Lipo. They look so good I can't believe it. I have never had such thin arms. I am to wear my arm compression garments for 4-6 weeks' date=' they say the longer the better. I only have a couple of removable stitches that too can come out in 2 weeks.

Best wishes to you and your recovery.[/quote']

Do you have any B4/after pics? How did you find your surgeon in TJ and do you mind sharing the info? Was this out patient? I've been considering and the price u posted is definitely accessible to me. When you said lipo and tuck you meant the arms only, correct?

Thank you all for the nice replies! Amazon13, the pic of the incision line was taken Jan 3rd so about 2 weeks after the surgery. I had some issues with oozing from the left arm (into a huge blister) due to the swelling, but i'm left handed so that might have added to the swelling, finally he told me to take off the compression for a while to stop squeezing out all the juices...ewwww. I'm doing great with them now, starting to feel a lot more myself this last few days. I stopped by a store yesterday and bought...MEDIUM long sleeved tops! That was amazing considering before the WLS my arms measured around at 19 inches..and are currently swollen still and about 13 inches...6 inches of!!! crazy and I'm so happy..we are calling this summer...the "tank top summer"! I'll take some pic's at one month (this monday)to show you the improvements already.

I am so impressed with your progress. I am scheduled for my arm lift and lower body lift on Feb 7th. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Your pictures are fantastic. How far out was the third(the stitches) picture? I just had my arms done on the 10th in Tijuana Mexico. I paid 1800.00 for the arm lift with Lipo. They look so good I can't believe it. I have never had such thin arms. I am to wear my arm compression garments for 4-6 weeks' date=' they say the longer the better. I only have a couple of removable stitches that too can come out in 2 weeks.

Best wishes to you and your recovery.[/quote']

What doctor did you use in Tijuana

Ok all it's been a month...well it's been 6 weeks but I have pic's from the one month out. These were taken about 2 weeks after the stitches came out. I had a slight infection and took antibiotics but feel so much better today. Yesterday I saw the PS and he took me off all restrictions and said when all the swelling is gone he wanted to know if he could put my arms on his website..woohoo my arms will be famous...LOL

As you can see the scars are already fading nicely. The PS loved the combo of the "Scar Away" pads and Vitamin E oil. So for only about 10-12 days of treatment..i know they will fade nicely! and as of one month out i have lost a total ( since before weight loss surgery to now) 6.25 inches and PS said ther e might be more once he swelling is gone

Gayle

post-10335-13813662814846_thumb.jpg

post-10335-13813662816235_thumb.jpg

Wow that looks great!!! I bet you are so happy!!! Woohoo!! :)