Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Information on Best St. Louis, MO Area Surgeons

I'm looking for recommendations for a St. Louis, MO area surgeon. I'm not 100% sure which surgery I'm doing but am leaning strongly towards the sleeve. I just attended Dr. Van Wagner's seminar (HOAB) and was impressed. I've also been extremely impressed with the service his office has provided thus far. I'm attending the MyNewSelf seminar by Dr. J. Stephen Scott tonight. I want to make sure I pick the best surgeon (most experience, least # of issues, etc) in the St. Louis area. Both are Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence surgeons. Good service before, during and after the procedure are important to me as well. Thanks in advance for input that may help me with my choice of surgeon.

Don't know the answer to your question but hello from central mo. :)

Hello back at ya! Thanks for reaching out. :)

I had my surgery done by Dr Lisa Hawver. She is based out of Mercy Hospital. The surgery was done at Mercy Hospital in Washington, MO. I went in on a Monday morning and was out Wednesday am. She has an office now in O'Fallon also. She is excellent. She is board certified. There are support groups that meet in Washington and at Mercy in St Louis. I have had no problems and am very happy. Great follow-up and office is very good to work with, they return calls fast. Her phone number is 636-861-7870.

Thanks haragl!

My sons friend had the band done by Dr. Eagon. He refered me, im in the process of trying to get the sleeve. My sons friend has lost over 100lbs! Said his experiencs was great and he loved Dr.Eagon! He works out of Washington University.

Thanks Shaye!

I was done with dr. Scott in December. I love him. He was patient and answered my "dumb" questions. Even when he had to place my stent in on a very early Sunday morning. He was very positive and informative. I felt like someone actually cared what happened. I like the " my new self" doctors.

I am having my surgery with Dr. Scott. My sister had a gastric bypass years ago with Dr. Scott and was/is very happy. My New Self has been very helpful. I am tentatively scheduled for Oct - but am still waiting on insurance approval. Crossing my fingers! Would love to hear what you decided and if you are happy with your sleeve! Any other St. Louisans out there?

I had my surgery with Dr Scott on 5/31 and am very happy. You are in great hands!

Hargal

I'm so thankful you posted about Dr Hawver, I meet with her for the first time tomorrow

Haragl, just met with Dr Hawver today, she's alittle quirky and her office was slammed packed today so I just felt like cattle being pushed through, how did u find Dr Jawver?

Frass80 how did you find Dr Snow? I'm looking for we'll educated, no fatalities, warm bedside manner. I don't want to feel like cattle being herded through

Zoumommy,

I am so surprised that you had such a bad experience. I found Dr Hawver to be a very straight-forward and had a great experience will my surgery- Her office was good also--I got right in and they were knowledgeable and very friendly.--She spent a good bit of time with me and went over everything. I hope it was just an off day for them. Regardless of whom you chose I wish you great success on your journey. Being in healthcare I know how important it is to feel comfortable with your doctor and their staff. Best of luck. Please keep in touch and left me know how you do on your journey.

Gina