Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months post op's..... Need experience sharing ? Urgent?!

Hello, I'm almost 7 months post up.... had surgery in June 2012.... I feel drastic changes already. I'm eating more and when I sometimes overeat by accident, I don't throw up anymore, I just get a sick feeling for a few minutes and that's it... I'm also eating or nibbling all day. always hungry... I've lost almost 75 lbs so far, but I'm worried about the rest... Please share ur experiences ???

Where r u people ??!!

Hi Teddy Bear,

I am only 2 months post op but as no-one else has replied I thought I would give a little advice. I had a week like this 2 weeks ago. Constant nibbling and thinking I was eating so much that I had stretched my sleeve. So I just went back to basics, 3 meals a day and calorie counting on MyFitnessPal. But I think that my problem was that I wasn't keeping up with my liquids. The stomach is a strange thing and sometimes it tells our brains we are hungry when we are actually thirsty. Start drinking your fluids, this helped me get back on track.

Are you taking an acid reducer? Sometimes our bodies interpret excess acid as hunger. Also, sometimes being thirsty is also interpreted as hunger. I've had some success with making myself drink Water when I start feeling hungry, and then setting a timer for 45 minutes after I drink, before I eat again. Trying to train myself to be alright with being hungry, because sometimes it does come back after the sleeve. But hang in there, and remember all you've been through to get where you are now!

I'm 7 months out at well....you probably need to see your doc about a acid reducer....I'm not hungry all the time, I have the opposite problem, when I eat food that is has a large amount of protien, I am usually full for a good 4 hours, which is a problem because my doc and NUT wants me to eat 1200 calories a day and if left alone I can eat 800-1000 and be fine, so I find myself eating small meals every 3 hours or so because I dont eat past 9pm....

Go see your doc!

I'm another June person. If left alone I could probably eat a cup full of food in one sitting. However, since I want to get to my goal weight I still limit myself to 600 - 800 calories a day, low carb and only 3oz max serving per meal. I eat 6 times a day spacing everything about 2 hrs apart and this keeps the hunger at bay. My Protein is lean meat like chicken or fish, actually I eat lots and lots of fish. I still focus on protein first and then veggies. I don't do bread, rice, Pasta or anything starchy. I also have bad reflux which I did before surgery and use both prilosec and pepcid. Check with your DR.

I am just over a year out and have had the same problem. The two things I have found is 1. Drink Water. You are used to eating whenever you feel you need something. It most likely is thirst.

2. Increase Protein. Protein will make you feel full longer. You haven't stretched your sleeve or messed anything up. Don't worry about that. Also make sure you are getting your Vitamins. You body will make you crave food if you are low in certain Vitamins.

HW: 405

SW: 380

CW: 215

GW: 180

Thank u all... ur replies made me notice lots of faults in my diet:

_ I don't drink Water unless I'm really thirsty.

- I don't eat enough Protein cause it makes me nauseous now, but I will make myself eat it from now on.

- I eat randomly... I will do the 2 hr thing from now on

Thank u all for being so helpful :)

I am also 8 months post op and realized that I feel hunger and I sometimes feel stress eater again which is composed of carbs. I am really scared if something reversing in my life but when I rad out I am relaxed a little bit. I will try to increase Water since I guess Fluid does not mean Water ! Also u had very bad redux before the surgery which I had also reflux surgery at the same time but I feel more hunger when I do not take anti reflux pills for sure

I will try to post here again if I manage with drinking more water and taking more Protein and also I will continue antireflux pills some more period

See you

I am also 7 months out. My way of staying in control is having my food laid out for the day and the potions too. I also make sure the fluids, Protein get in and I eat every 2 to 3 hours so I don't get overly hungry. Coming to the forums helps me stay in control. But one of the bigger ways i stay in control is being in weight watchers. Weekly weigh ins and tracking all my food has been a big help. Good luck and stay strong. We have invested too much time into this journey to slack off now.

thanks for posting, I am 4 months out and notice that I can eat more and also adding more snacky carb foods that I know I should not. I am watching the scale like a hawk and I am still losing- slowly but scared of old habits creeping in. I never want to go back where I was before. I am not drinking my Water and trying to eat just 3x a day so I am going to increase my water and do 6 mini meals so ward off hunger. great post!

Yes I noticed also that 3 meals a day are not working for me, because first of all I can never finish a whole meal consisting of Protein & veggies or potatoes, even if it's a small portion, and then I get hungry after a little while... so the answer is 6 small meals a day.... just try to picky and make smart choices..

Those darn carbs are the devil! I am almost 6 months po and I find myself eating them then I get control for several days and before I know it I'm slipping into old habits and have to kick myself in the rear. It's a never ending battle but I WILL win it!

It has been 1 week and it worked. I increased Water and increased meal frequency helped. Also Proteins in the meal really effect positively. But anyway I realized that psychology is most important issue. After I posted here I received mails from the forum which supported too much thanks everybody here

Also I started routine antacids pills which helps a lot. My hunger decreased a lot and I feel hunger but not as stress eater as old days . See you soon