Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on January 5 so I'm 8 days Post op . I drink 3 Protein Shakes a day , suga free Jello, today I had cream of brocoli Soup, and also tried Greek yogurt . Got sick of broth , just couldn't do it anymore . sugar free pudding Also I'm down 15 pounds and do a lot of walking . I'm supposed to be on broth and liquids . I've been fine with all this soft food , is this too much too soon ?

I Think It too much soon.

I was on soft foods 3 weeks out day 21. You need not to get ahead of yourself.

Wouldn't I throw up or something if it was too much for my stomache ?

No your stomache is in shock and not functioning due to being cut from top to bottom and then stapled shut.

I was sleeved on January 5 so I'm 8 days Post op . I drink 3 Protein shakes a day ' date=' suga free Jello, today I had cream of brocoli Soup, and also tried Greek yogurt . Got sick of broth , just couldn't do it anymore . sugar free pudding Also I'm down 15 pounds and do a lot of walking . I'm supposed to be on broth and liquids . I've been fine with all this soft food , is this too much too soon ?[/quote']

I didn't tolerate the powdered Protein, so I made shakes from Greek yogurt, skim milk and Mio (flavored Water thing-0 calories). I think every doctor gives different directions and our bodies respond differently to the same directions. I was allowed all the things you have tried as soon as I left the hospital, but I couldn't eat them all on one day. I ate one "real" food and drank the rest of my protein in n Isopure drink.

Both Yogurt and sugar free Jello/pudding was on my list for "Full Liquids" Are you only supposed to be on Clear Liquids? If you get a clear idea from your surgeon or Nutritionist what you can have it might open up your options and make it easier to stick with the plan they laid out.

I'm also of the opinion that we should stick with what the doctors have instructed. It is confusing and at times frustrating that some progress faster, but none of us have the entire story as to why the doctors instructed another patient to do what they do.

You can do it, Good luck!

I am 5 days out and started my full liquids yesterday as instructed. All the food you mentioned is on my list if approved foods for full liquids. As long as I strain the cream Soup to remove any solids or the fruit from the yogurt. I guess there's a wide variation in drs orders but if you had my doc you would be right on track. Call your doc to ask if its ok.

It's all based on your surgeon's diet plan. Some surgeons have their patients eating soft food before they check out of the hospital. Some, like mine, gave a strict three weeks on liquids.

Ask your surgeon. Here, on VST, you're likely to get as many different answers as there are surgeons out there.

However your diet seems perfectly in line with what I've seen a few surgeons allow their patients post op, though the majority of us spend a while on liquids post op.

~Cheri

I visited my primary care physician yesterday...exactly 3 weeks post op....I told her how the information re: diet was so varied from doctor to doctor and she told me that when you see such variations, it suggests that no one way has been proven to be more or less effective. For example, if your doctor says you need to be on a clear liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery, but mine said only three days (to "shrink" the liver), three clearly is enough, but some doctors may use that extra time to make sure that the patient takes the direction seriously and it certainly helps with weight loss BEFORE surgery. As for post surgery, I believe it is almost impossible to eat something that you shouldn't have without knowing it. I COULD eat a lot more things than what I am actually eating (based on my doctor's list), because at this point, the discomfort of certain things prevents me from wanting to eat those extra things. So for those of you with more rigid plans, maybe the doctor is trying to spare you the agony of knowing you can have tuna safely but it feeling "bad" when you eat it?