Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my nightmare has come true.....

Dana,

I am so glad to see your post. I am in the exact same situation. I am 4 weeks and 2 days post op. I have been bouncing between the same two pounds, up and down, for a little over two weeks. Very very disheartening.

I was a little too open telling people about my surgery and now they are all asking me "how much have you lost" and I'm tired of explaining!!!!

I know it will happen, but its very frustrating. I am using my fitness pal and logging all of my food and my Protein etc. It did help me see a few days ago that I was eating less than 1000 calories a day, so I am trying to get over 1000 calories per my physician. I still cannot get all of the liquids in on top of that, its one or the other, food or liquid.

Kelly

I just want to say thanks again to everyone who took the time to buck me up' date=' encourage and remind me .... all greatly appreciated! I feel better today and I really believe it was due to reading your posts.

HUGS!

~Dana[/quote']

Hey Dana! I'm having the same problem! The foods on our list are getting so old! I did have a couple bites of a scrambled egg this morning and did just fine! It's so frustrating but I hope we see some change soon! Can't wait till week 7 to have some chicken lol

Dana,

I am so glad to see your post. I am in the exact same situation. I am 4 weeks and 2 days post op. I have been bouncing between the same two pounds, up and down, for a little over two weeks. Very very disheartening.

I was a little too open telling people about my surgery and now they are all asking me "how much have you lost" and I'm tired of explaining!!!!

I know it will happen, but its very frustrating. I am using my fitness pal and logging all of my food and my Protein etc. It did help me see a few days ago that I was eating less than 1000 calories a day, so I am trying to get over 1000 calories per my physician. I still cannot get all of the liquids in on top of that, its one or the other, food or liquid.< /p>

Kelly

Hey Kelly,

My doc did not give a specific calorie number so I have no idea where I'm supposed be. Some people here on VST are only getting 300-400 at this stage, while others were told 600-800 and others 1000-1200. Everything is so ambiguous....it's frustrating because I have no idea what's the right amount of carbs or calories at this stage. I'm averaging about 800 right now. I do have a tough time getting in enough Water but since I switched to plain Water with just lots of lemon and some Splenda I'm doing much better getting it down. I'm not a much of a fan of Crystal Light or MIO... I sometimes do the nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein powder with water during the day and that give me a two-fer --- water and Protein and it kind of taste like an Orange Julius.

I'm in Mandeville! I would love to get together....lets try to plan something...we can try to find other New Orleanians ( or anywhere around here).

Yes I would like that- is there a way to private message on here, I could send you my contact information and we could try to plan something soon

You are barely three weeks..11 lbs is good! At least you have not gained 11lbs. Everyone is different and everyone's body loses weight at a different pace. Don't give up! Just becuz you're not losing lbs doesn't mean you're not losing inches ! Keep your head high. And think positive. You'll get there.

•Highest Weight - 240 •Surgery Weight 8/3 -230 •Weight 8/31 -203 • Weight 9/30 -186 •Current Weight 11/15 -168

Hey Kelly,

My doc did not give a specific calorie number so I have no idea where I'm supposed be. Some people here on VST are only getting 300-400 at this stage, while others were told 600-800 and others 1000-1200. Everything is so ambiguous....it's frustrating because I have no idea what's the right amount of carbs or calories at this stage. I'm averaging about 800 right now. I do have a tough time getting in enough Water but since I switched to plain Water with just lots of lemon and some Splenda I'm doing much better getting it down. I'm not a much of a fan of Crystal Light or MIO... I sometimes do the nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein Powder with water during the day and that give me a two-fer --- water and Protein and it kind of taste like an Orange Julius.

Hey Dana,

So glad to hear back from you. I've been reading a lot on here and I am seeing that people are told different calorie amounts by their doctors and I am also seeing that its common to stop losing for 2-3 weeks after the third week......so I guess we are good. Its nice to know I am not alone, not that it makes you feel any better!! :) My surgery was 12/11, when was yours?

Hi Sunny! I haven't seen you in a while. Thanks for taking the time to write.... I think you're right. It's seems like the majority of people lose huge amounts the first month, but maybe it's just that the slow losers aren't posting and whining much! :) I'm probably getting a distorted perception of reality...

Hugs!

~Dana

I haven't been able to get on here often because my work schedule has been so crazy. Call on the weekends and a high patient load during the week due to the early flu season :(

When I was first sleeved, I would often read the posts about success stories. I think you need that in the beginning. You need hope and encouragement. You read a few threads about stalls and slow losers, but I skipped over most of them.

Now that I am several months out, I noticed that there are a lot of threads about stalls and slow loss. I feel like these threads are where I can contribute.

Hey Kelly,

My doc did not give a specific calorie number so I have no idea where I'm supposed be. .

Dana, I'm curious if you asked him for one and if so what did he say? I'm always curious about doctors who don't give a calorie goal. Mine gave me one, but he basically said the Water and Protein goals were way more important. And that if I met those goals and didn't eat a bunch of crap to go with it, my calories would take care of themselves....in other words, in the early months its very difficult to eat too many calories unless you're cramming chocolate malts all day. So it may be nothing to worry about at the moment.

Dana, I'm curious if you asked him for one and if so what did he say? I'm always curious about doctors who don't give a calorie goal. Mine gave me one, but he basically said the Water and Protein goals were way more important. And that if I met those goals and didn't eat a bunch of crap to go with it, my calories would take care of themselves....in other words, in the early months its very difficult to eat too many calories unless you're cramming chocolate malts all day. So it may be nothing to worry about at the moment.

Butterthebean, I love the link you have in your signature line "if you just had surgery and your weight loss has stalled, read this"

Very very helpful and soothing......... :)

The nutritionist told me the same thing - concentrate on getting Protein and Water and don't worry about calories because I would not be able to overeat unless I went crazy. I hope 800 calories is ok....

Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com She had a RNY and has great food ideas!

Butterthebean' date=' I love the link you have in your signature line "if you just had surgery and your weight loss has stalled, read this"

Very very helpful and soothing......... :)[/quote']

Glad it helped. I try to spread it around as much as possible. Feel free to share it when you read the next post about stalls. Many people know about stalls before surgery. But it's not always easy to be objective when we run up against that first brick wall.

3 Weeks post-op and I have lost a grand total of 11 pounds. Whoopee Doo....

Yes' date=' I know, some are slow losers, don't compare yourself to others, are you getting enough Protein, are you drinking enough Water, up your calories, reduce your calories, reduce carbs/up carbs then reduce them again to trick your body, exercising enough? , throw the scale away, have the moon and stars aligned correctly???

I have not lost a pound since Day 10. So yes, it looks like I may be the only gastric sleeve failure....wonderful. So now what... just keep plugging along eating freaking mush, drinking Protein Shakes and hope and pray....

One positive thing.. I had a psychotic scale...step on and it just goes up and down -- never getting a definitive number. I bought a scale called EatSmart Precision. It locks on immediately -- it's awesome. I just don't like what it is telling me.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_TLl8qb1QQP8A9_tt

Please excuse my rant. I have been trying to stay optimistic but I really can't fake it anymore. Is there anyone who started out this slow and ended up succeeding? If so, can you share your story...I need it desperately.

~Dana[/quote']

Ok, you lost 11, I lost 16. That was the first 2 weeks post-op. Then nothing for the next 3 weeks. In the last 4 days I've lost another 6 lbs and am still (hopefully) losing. I've lost a grand total of 22 lbs so far in 5 1/2 weeks. I asked my husband yesterday if I looked like I had lost any weight, he said I look the same. Jerk! Anyway, there's a scientific reason for the stall. There's an article on here somewhere that explains the stall. Something about glycogen storage (I think). Hopefully it will make you feel a little better.

Ok, you lost 11, I lost 16. That was the first 2 weeks post-op. Then nothing for the next 3 weeks. In the last 4 days I've lost another 6 lbs and am still (hopefully) losing. I've lost a grand total of 22 lbs so far in 5 1/2 weeks. I asked my husband yesterday if I looked like I had lost any weight, he said I look the same. Jerk! Anyway, there's a scientific reason for the stall. There's an article on here somewhere that explains the stall. Something about glycogen storage (I think). Hopefully it will make you feel a little better.

Slap your husband for me!! ;)

I am losing slower, surgery on May 2nd at 218 and down to 193 today. I have PCOS and was on metformin for 12 years prior to surgery. I have a history of low progesterone levels. I even had to supplement the first trimester of my pregnancy in order to not have a miscarriage. It just dawned on me a couple days ago that I probably need to go back to using a little bit of progesterone cream daily in order to keep my hormones in check. Since I began doing this I’ve lost a pound each day. Keep in mind it’s only been two days, so I will continue monitoring the effectiveness of the progesterone cream. Some people it causes weight gain but if you really do have low progesterone and use just a little bit it will help keep you in balance and allow for better weight loss. Hopefully this is going to continue as I use just a little bit each day. Just thought I would share.