Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my nightmare has come true.....

I bought a pretty awesome high capacity scale because they tend to be better for those of us on the heavier side. TECHNICALLY I can be on any scale but if you are on the upper spectrum of what your scale can handle and you are having issues getting a good read It's probably time to get something better. PLUS high capacity scales usually last longer because they are made to take more wear and tear. Looks like thats exactly what you did so good on you for that, I am just reiterating for anyone who may be reading this.

As for the lack of serious weight loss. You need to realize you had major surgery and your body is recovering from trauma. I think people forget how big of a deal it is within the community because its what we are all talking about so it seems so commonplace but it isn't. Unlike many I am not one who is going to tell you to put away the scale. I believe that as with any medical condition, obesity should be monitored. What I don't want you doing is flipping out and declaring yourself a surgery when you are LESS THAN A MONTH out. That is a terrible mindset to already be falling into.

Dana,

Just follow the plan for now you are still way to early to try to manipulate your caloric intake to spur a loss. That is something to consider at about 3 months post op. right now it's just your body adjusting. As a matter of fact is quite possible that with the fat loss the additional estrogen in your system may be causing you to retain Water. Just keep on the path, everything will be fine.

3 Weeks post-op and I have lost a grand total of 11 pounds......

I have not lost a pound since Day 10. So yes' date=' it looks like I may be the only gastric sleeve failure....wonderful. So now what... just keep plugging along eating freaking mush, drinking Protein shakes and hope and pray....

~Dana[/quote']

Come on Dana....I know that YOU know about the 3 week stall. Guess what....you're in it.

Link....my sig....read....relax.....breath....

i am with you girl! i will be 4 weeks out this tues and since mon i have been the EXACT weight every morning. i know all the things you said- keep going, put away the scale, lalalalalalalala... i am happy with my loss thus far. i was a low bmi'er. i'm 5'3" sw was 220 on day of surgery and today i am 194.6. so it's a good loss so far but it is so encouraging to see at least a little something every day. i suppose the good thing about this is that i can't really throw in the towel out of frustration like i would have in the past with diets pre-sleeve. kind of forced to keep going. hang in there and know that you have people in the same boat plugging along with you!

I'm 4 weeks out(monday starts week 5) I've lost 20 lbs that's about 5 lbs a week and what I'm reading is im a slow loser too. Those who have had theirs after me seem to have lost 20-30 lbs. But I'm grateful with 5 a week. I also lost nothing after my surgery for about a week and a half. It will come off. Sometimes or should I say most our body freaks out. Just give it time to learn how to function with your new tool :D Good luck chin up.

Thank you everyone for all the encouraging words. The support is so appreciated.

Could ya'll do me a favor and share what you are/were eating at about 4-6 weeks and how many calories and carbs?

My plan has me eating Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, sweet potato, Protein shakes....

I'll use today as an example

Breakfast: Protein shake -- 200 calories 28g Protein

Lunch: Protein Shake 200 calories 28g protein

Snack: 2 tablespoons of sweet potato w/ pat of butter 100 calories

Dinner: 1 packet Cream of Wheat made with 1 cup Water and 1/2 cup low carb

milk, w/ pat of butter and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. I ate about

2/3 -- I didn't finish it. Probably 200 calories

The rest of my calories came from coffee -- I use a couple tablespoons of half half 2x day. Maybe 100 calories

I'm finding it difficult to get enough protein in while eating mushy foods. The only thing I can think of to get protein is shakes or soft boiled eggs. I can't graduate to tuna or fish for another 2 weeks. This week I can add scrambled eggs.< /p>

Sometimes I add Protein powder ( nectar ) to my Water but it's hard to get it down that way. I mostly drink water w/ lemon and Splenda.

Thanks for any input :)

~Dana

I ate a lot of Greek yogurt ...and mashed black Beans with salsa and dollop of sour cream.. refried beans...oatmeal..and the things you have mentioned. I also ate broccoli cheese Soup and Tomato Soup but I know your on soft foods so u may be tired of that..

I am having the exact problem......maybe it's something to do with the New Orleans air lol. I am very frustrated. People keep telling me how I look like I lost weight am I'm thinking I'm my head you should see my scale. I just try to stay positive and keep trucking along although its soooo hard. I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery and my 4th week is Monday- and I feel that's extremely slow. I am having trouble getting all my Protein in daily even though I try my hardest.....not sure what to do :-(

I am having the exact problem......maybe it's something to do with the New Orleans air lol. I am very frustrated. People keep telling me how I look like I lost weight am I'm thinking I'm my head you should see my scale. I just try to stay positive and keep trucking along although its soooo hard. I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery and my 4th week is Monday- and I feel that's extremely slow. I am having trouble getting all my Protein in daily even though I try my hardest.....not sure what to do :-(

Where in New Orleans are you? And by the way, this weather is miserable!

Well I've been sleeved 7 months and I'm down 88lbs. I'm also in New Orleans so it's not the air lol. At 3-4 weeks I was barely able to get in 300 calories. The weightloss picks up around 600-800 calories especially if you can get some exercise in. Right now I can get around 800-900 calories and I bike 10 miles a day. I don't lose 4-5 lbs a week like I did 4 months ago but I'm still losing. I've had about 4 stalls where I'd go 2-3 weeks without losing a pound but they always break. Stalls happen, lots of things are gonna happen that will drive you crazy. Some things will improve over time and some things you just get used to. Either way you will lose the weight, just stick to the plan and your body will eventually give in and let go of the weight. Don't stress yourself out over it because that can lead to more stalls. When I'm in a stall I just think about the 27 years it took for me to reach 302 lbs. The weight won't go away overnight. I'd gladly work my butt off dieting and exercise for a year or so to undue 27 years of damage.

At 4 - 6 weeks I was eating about 400 calories. An egg or Greek yoghurt for Breakfast. Protein Shake for lunch and Soup for dinner. There are a lot of high Protein Soups in the supermarket and you can add some pureed chicken to increase the protein if need be. I was also having 2 Snacks a day. Usually a low fat or soy milk ice or hot chocolate and a piece of cheese or small amount of baked Beans.< /p>

Where in New Orleans are you? And by the way' date=' this weather is miserable![/quote']

I'm verrrrry close to y'all too, closer to Hammond though ;) i did live in mid city for a while though! the weather is horrible! Btw I'm 4 months out and the scale is slowly moving but I'm still changing pant sizes so to me that means the inches must be moving? Be patient, it will happen :)

Where in New Orleans are you? And by the way' date=' this weather is miserable![/quote']

I live uptown, where do you live. We should get together as a means of support during this journey.

I live uptown. We should get together as a means of support during this journey.