Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my nightmare has come true.....

3 Weeks post-op and I have lost a grand total of 11 pounds. Whoopee Doo....

Yes, I know, some are slow losers, don't compare yourself to others, are you getting enough Protein, are you drinking enough Water, up your calories, reduce your calories, reduce carbs/up carbs then reduce them again to trick your body, exercising enough? , throw the scale away, have the moon and stars aligned correctly???

I have not lost a pound since Day 10. So yes, it looks like I may be the only gastric sleeve failure....wonderful. So now what... just keep plugging along eating freaking mush, drinking Protein shakes and hope and pray....

One positive thing.. I had a psychotic scale...step on and it just goes up and down -- never getting a definitive number. I bought a scale called EatSmart Precision. It locks on immediately -- it's awesome. I just don't like what it is telling me.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_TLl8qb1QQP8A9_tt

Please excuse my rant. I have been trying to stay optimistic but I really can't fake it anymore. Is there anyone who started out this slow and ended up succeeding? If so, can you share your story...I need it desperately.

~Dana

It's still early and maybe your body is still adjusting? Did you lose weight preop?

Someone recently told me to have my female hormones checked. If you estrogen and progesterone are out of whack sometimes your body won't lose. Just a thought.

My surgeon and his PA said there isn't anything that you can do about the stalls. It will start moving soon. It's not going to happen overnight.

I just lost one of my two last pounds to goal, after an almost 3 month stall. In the mean time I am looking better, clothes like me, except for this exiting cold I am quite healthy.

Stalls can't stop you. Some enemies die hard.

Hey ma'am, I hit a horrible stall at about that time then woke up one day 4 lbs lighter... It will start moving, promise! Just keep your head up :)

3 Weeks post-op and I have lost a grand total of 11 pounds. Whoopee Doo....

Yes' date=' I know, some are slow losers, don't compare yourself to others, are you getting enough Protein, are you drinking enough Water, up your calories, reduce your calories, reduce carbs/up carbs then reduce them again to trick your body, exercising enough? , throw the scale away, have the moon and stars aligned correctly???

I have not lost a pound since Day 10. So yes, it looks like I may be the only gastric sleeve failure....wonderful. So now what... just keep plugging along eating freaking mush, drinking Protein shakes and hope and pray....

One positive thing.. I had a psychotic scale...step on and it just goes up and down -- never getting a definitive number. I bought a scale called EatSmart Precision. It locks on immediately -- it's awesome. I just don't like what it is telling me.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_TLl8qb1QQP8A9_tt

Please excuse my rant. I have been trying to stay optimistic but I really can't fake it anymore. Is there anyone who started out this slow and ended up succeeding? If so, can you share your story...I need it desperately.

~Dana[/quote']

I feel the exact same way you do, I am almost reaching 4 weeks (this Wednesday) and the scale hasn't moved since when I hit the 2nd week. My number 1 fear about this surgery before getting it was being that 1 person that doesn't lose weight and now I feel my fear came true. I've tried everything and nothing is working. I truly can't conceive how is it that I am barely eating (puréed stage) yet not losing. Then there's my sister who has lost 2 pounds a week eating normal just healthy stuff like salads, with any protein. I am to the point that I am even embarrassed to say "I haven't lost anything these last two weeks" when people ask me. When they do I just say "oh I haven't weighted myself". Also the whole, the scale isn't moving but you must be losing inches, is BS to me. I am in the same inches on the tape measure since 2 weeks ago.

Had to vent :-(.

I feel the same, in 5 days it will be one month post-op & I'm just down 15lbs! But my Sis-n-law had this 1 1/2 yrs ago & she said she went slower then that at first....just 7 lbs first month...then eventually it just started coming off! So just keep following what your dr & nut say & you will be fine....you can't change your mind anyway now! :-)

The definition of a stall is three weeks or more without a downward change in your weight. Since the last time your scale moved was on day ten, this doesn't even qualify as a true stall yet. I know it's frustrating, but you are barely three weeks out of the gate and your body is in total freakout mode. The last thing it is wanting to do is give up the weight. But guess what? It will have no choice. Soon enough it will do what you're waiting for it to do and the scale will start moving in the right direction again. Hang in there!

I too am only 3 weeks post op. the only thing that is helping me through is that I refuse to buy a scale. I hope that I am doing everything right but it is extremely hard when I am not cleared to exercise yet.

Put away the scale and log your measurements.

You know from being here on the boards that the scale is the enemy to our happiness :)

Be happy!!!! :)

6 months from now you will be me telling another new sleever :)

I think there are more of us slow losers than the people that come on here and say " I just lost 50 pounds in two months" it's just that we fixate on those posts and wish we were them..

I know it's hard when people ask everyday " how much have you lost now" and some of them ask everyday! 0_o

I finally told everyone politely that asking me all the time was stressful to me, so knock it off :)

It's likely we'll lose our sanity before the weight if we keep weighing lol but I did it too. I felt the same exact feelings...I just look forward to seeing all your successes in the future!!!

It's going to happen :)

I had only lost 13 lbs in the beginning and then hit a long stall. My dr laughed when I told him maybe that was all I'd lose. He said no one has ever had this surgery and just lost 13 lbs. He said to NOT up the calories...follow the plan and the weight will come off. He did suggest increasing Protein if possible.

Well, you don't want to hear the slow loser/don't compare answer so I am going to go with another line.

You are ONLY 3 weeks out. Stick with the plan and the sleeve will work. Don't throw in the towel when you barely crossed the starting line. Yes, excercise, carbs, calories, Water, and the like matter yet you are so new to this.

Call you surgeon to get a reality check and help you set realistic expectations.

Hugs - chin up.