Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How I keep from over eating!

I went and brought Rubermaid Storage containers they claim to be 4 oz but they can only hold 3 oz of solids. So what I do is cook my fish, oatmeal, and so on and I fill those containers up and each one is a meal. It works for me and i know I wont stretch my sleeve since I am sticking with my storage cups. They are from Bed Bath and Beyond and are called easy find lids. What do you do to assure you won't stretch your sleeve or over eat? *Note I am only 5 weeks post op* Not sure if this makes a difference..

I also bought 4 oz containers to bring to work. I measure or weigh my food so I know exactly what im eating. So I eat 2-4 oz a meal. When I go to restaurants its harder but I have done ok so far. I stop at the slightest sign of feeling satisfied. Im 7 wks out.

it's hard..i'm 2 years post op..And i still sometimes overeat...like once every 2 monthes on accident..I don't use measureing tools but try to remind myself at this point if i ball my hand into a fist. I can eat about that much. And eat slow to realize when i am getting full...The biggest thing to overeating is if u go with out eating and think your starving and then eat to fast. Kills me everytime.

Good plan, Undercover Bariatric Gal! By the way, your secret is safe with me. :ph34r: :D

My wife got those containers plus tiny little plates there. They come in handy when making meals for the big stomachs among us and dividing portions for storage for us to be consumed later. The cans of Boyardee that I used to inhale plus bread etc. now get divided into 2 or 3, same thing for the Soups and resturaunt meals.

She uses the plates but I don't. They transfer heat too much for me and when scooping up the food it rolls off the edge too much. Dainty little her doesn't have a problem with it.

nicden17,

Yup, that going without and then overeating is a big problem for me too. When we go out wife carries Protein bars to stop the build up of desperation. Wifey purses are a blessing to a married man. :huh:^_^

Portion Control is the name of the game! i'm only 3 weeks out so I am still learning what the little pulls and "feelings" mean. I eat out of a teacup or a ramekin and only cover the bottom. Sometimes I can't even eat that.

I live by the tiny storage containers. Every day I pack up what I'm going to eat that day at work and it helps keep me eating on a schedule and with properly controlled portions.

I have been out of work since the surgery for personal reasons and the job is the biggest reason I keep my surgery to myself but its a fear for me when I return because i dont want to eat out of the 4 oz containers around them i do know now when enough is enough so i can pretty much eat out of anything i want, its just the containers help maintain control and assure i wont stretch my pouch.. I guess I can use big containers to throw my coworkers off and make sure my fish/chicken is already 3-4 oz inside of that container.. *shrug* its easy to be me at home but when outside others watch they look they see. I am undercover for a reason! I have heard them talk about others that had this or surgery like this and it was not pretty they made the decision for me to keep this to myself lol Judgmental but wipes!

I use small containers at work and small plates, bowls, and silverware at home. Everyone at work knows about the surgery and I'm not the only one who has had it.

I use small containers at work and small plates, bowls, and silverware at home. Everyone at work knows about the surgery and I'm not the only one who has had it.

So you are lucky you can be open about yours.. If it wasn't for them I would be open 2 only my fiance and 2 family members know and have been sworn to secrecy lol. And I'm sorry It will stay this way when asked I will just claim dieting and exercising is the reason why.. Sad I know that I allowed people to make me feel this way but it is what it is. Wish I could openly talk about it.

I totally understand! One of my clients was very judgemental so I stopped telling everyone haha.I don't want to have to explain myself to every nay sayer.

I totally understand! One of my clients was very judgemental so I stopped telling everyone haha.I don't want to have to explain myself to every nay sayer.

Funny they all see it as the easy way out.. If they only knew it really isn't.. This is the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Even child birth wasn't this bad lol I know at some point and time we will be able to eat ANYTHING we want and we will have to control that and say no or limit ourselves to it so we wont gain the weight back. Easy way out my but!

I'm eating at work and I just noticed my containers have a 1 oz and a 3 oz mark on them! Cool!

brought Rubermaid Storage containers, i know I wont stretch my sleeve since I am sticking with my storage cups.

hun

great thought on the storage containers :)

but you almost 99.999% can never stretch your sleeve. - its almost impossible to stretch your sleeve.

this is a frequent discussion

i'm hoping another sleever can jump in with a proper explanation (sorry i'm not good at this explanation :angry: )

again, good doing on the storage containers - great idea

keep up the good work

I'm eating at work and I just noticed my containers have a 1 oz and a 3 oz mark on them! Cool!

Where did you get yours from?

hun

great thought on the storage containers :)

but you almost 99.999% can never stretch your sleeve. - its almost impossible to stretch your sleeve.

this is a frequent discussion

i'm hoping another sleever can jump in with a proper explanation (sorry i'm not good at this explanation :angry: )

again, good doing on the storage containers - great idea

keep up the good work

Oh I didnt know but still overeating makes you feel so bad either way it keeps control so its all good.