Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People and their ridiculous expectations....

I agree to a point. I like what dean says about allowing for some anxiety in newbies. And post opers. I mean this is MAJOR surgery! Scary stuffs.

Now I feel a little bit afraid to post about my concerns post op though.

I've seen some really annoying posts such as "zomg I'm like a week out and I can't eat this buffet! crap I wish I'd never gotten surgery!" On one hand, I want to understand and an be supportive. On the other hand I'm like -----> o.O Really?

I don't think you should feel afraid to post about your post-op concerns or even your pre-op concerns, but you should do a search first to see if there are already other threads about them with useful info. Also, I think that most people in this thread have gotten to the point that they either don't read or won't comment on the particularly annoying threads (I know I have), so even if you do post something that some would rather not deal with answering chances are in your favor that there will be others who will.

Cheri,

Right on! I can't stand listening to the whining if you give a few words of caution, immediately calling posters the MEANIES. How can anyone have the nerve to infer that someone who has experienced complications is nothing but a negative nelly? I've heard posters call the best of the best bullys. It's ridiculous.

I've been on this board for well over a year...and I look forward to the meaningful posts and the banter of those I've come to know via the internet. Those who's stories I followed while they were experiencing the best and worst of scenarios.

I've learned a lot about myself, and this journey....and thank you Cheri for all you add to these forums!!!

Waving hand...I'm a mullie...a meanie and a bully :P And a horrible person because I think that MANY of the people who have this surgery shouldn't. MANY !!!! For just these reasons here.

Bravo! Totally love your post cheri! Well done. This is exactly why I very rarely post on VST anymore because hey' date=' you can only say something so many times and then it's REALLY boring! Good for you![/quote']

After reading all of this. I think I've come up with the perfect solution this whole forum should come down! or stop allowing people to post at all! I mean everything that is meaningful to you has already been said...no need for new people to connect with new people because its all been said!!

Oh except for the people you care about because you have followed them for a while and only their opinion matters..

This post is like all post, everyone has their own opinion. So just look at the post you want to look at or answer the ones you want to answer. No matter how annoying or stupid a post is everyone has feelings and should not be afraid to post whatever they want.

AGAIN ..I WISH we had a member who was great with graphic design who could collaborate on a VSG Inforgraphic that went by a general timeline.

With neat graphics and colors and arrows that showed you the path.

For example in PART I - PRE-OP section --

Stage I - SELF EDUCATION - Research the surgical options using web resources, asking those who have had surgeries, books, etc. Develop a list of questions that you would like answered as you learn. Research which hospitals in your area offer surgical options. Read their web sites. Call and ask questions of them. Learn what insurance options they provide and what their costs are if you are self-pay.

Stage II - INFORMATIONAL SEMINAR - Attend a seminar on bariatric surgery. It may not be at the hospital you want to use, but go to one anyway and learn as much as possible. You may want to attend several. During this stage try to attend a seminar at your hospital of choice and call or email them and ask if they will email or mail any documents to you so that you can look over them. Again, add to your list of unanswered questions. As you learn more you will also have more questions.

Stage III - DECIDE ON A PROVIDER - blah blah ... insurance documents, tests, pre-op diet, scheduling surgery

Stage IV - follow through with STAGE III. Be compliant with your program. Blah blah.

PART II - SURGERY

Stage I - What you need to know and have ready prior to surgery. What to expect. Variations in days off from work, travel for those going out of country, etc. etc.

Stage II - Recovery

Stage III - The first four weeks. What to expect. Common issues.

PART THREE - NEW LIFESTYLE

Various stages ..I'm getting tired of typing....

PART FOUR - Some kinda title here like, maybe ...THE FIRST SIX MONTHS

Various stages ... Your hair is going to fall out. You are going to stall ...blah blah blah...

PART FIVE - FROM NOW ON

More stuff here

PART SIX - YOU SCREWED UP

Arrow goes back to earlier stage

After reading all of this. I think I've come up with the perfect solution this whole forum should come down! or stop allowing people to post at all! I mean everything that is meaningful to you has already been said...no need for new people to connect with new people because its all been said!!

Oh except for the people you care about because you have followed them for a while and only their opinion matters..

True Laura, it's a Forum not a Library. I can understand why people want to discuss and not just search. This is after all a new frontier for many others every day.

Someone ..I'm sorry I forget who said it...suggested we have a forum section for categories such as..

3 months out

6 months out

1 year out

2+ years out

Our needs and concerns, interests change as we progress.

Amy, you can post about whatever you like. You don't need to do a search or follow anyone's criteria. There are new people on this forum joining daily. I think those who are so bored or annoyed with the topics need to LOG OFF! Whining about whining is just as annoying. I personally like to come on the gastric sleeve forum to talk about the gastric sleeve and all it entails. I'm not sure what people expect.

If each topic were only talked about once....well....I think we'd all be done here.

Amy, you can post about whatever you like. You don't need to do a search or follow anyone's criteria. There are new people on this forum joining daily. I think those who are so bored or annoyed with the topics need to LOG OFF! Whining about whining is just as annoying. I personally like to come on the gastric sleeve forum to talk about the gastric sleeve and all it entails. I'm not sure what people expect.

If each topic were only talked about once....well....I think we'd all be done here.

Not necessarily. If the topic was Mathematics, then those who are working on calculus or statistics have universes of things to learn and discuss about those areas, but I doubt that they would want to spend a lot of time and energy discussing subtraction and multiplication.

The topic isn't mathmatics.....

The topic isn't mathmatics.....

It's an analogy.

If someone were just learning about mathematics, they'd want to discuss subtraction and multiplication.

If someone were just learning about mathematics, they'd want to discuss subtraction and multiplication.

That's not what this thread is speaking to.

Do you ever post anything positive?