Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People and their ridiculous expectations....

I have 11 days till surgery and want as much information as possible. It just baffles me that a pre op,diet would make ppl so upset. I feel,if I can do the pre,op,diet that I will have success for after surgery. Sorry for the commas my iPad has letters close together. Lol.

I want to be successful, not just have surgery. It's not a magic bullet.

Thank you so much. Love this post!

I've lost 40lbs on pre op diet, that was hard work but I know that after surgery, I'm up to the challenge.

Cheri, you rock. There is a very good reason I always look for and read your posts (iggychicks too!). I'm 5 weeks post op and you took the words right out of my mouth. Although I'm sure I would not have said it as eloquently as you. :)

Love this!!!! I'm only 10 weeks post op, but I too feel exactly the way you described!!!! Good JOB!

I was just thinking this morning that if some of the posters were so stupid to post the comment they did then they were just too much of an idiot to undertake major surgery.

Basics such as how many calories it takes to actually gain/lose a pound of fat and the realization that if you're eating <1000 calories a day your 1 or 2 lb weight gain isn't fat.

And, another of my favorite comment made prior to surgery "I know I can lose the weight with WLS because I don't make poor food choices today. It's just quantity." Yeah, right.

Wow !!! You said it all and I amen it. Just one question ' date=' I'm still on mushies and my nut didn't tell me what speed to blenderize my big Mac at , can you help?[/quote']

You definitely have to pulse the blender and add extra special sauce to make it work.

I prefer to add a can of praline nuts to the mix, but if you like the burger "plain" that's fine as well :P

That is one well said post !! I was pretty active on VST and I just got so tired of reading the most ridiculous things that it was just easier not to read the clueless things that are posted. People seem so shocked that while they can eat a certain amount of calories that those calories can't all be from the pizza food group. Now granted, we all have fallen down from time to time but as I've learned recently this whole process is about learning to pick yourself up again and keep going.

Well done! You have said all the things I have been thinking these past weeks. I have had thoughts about posting something similar, but you have nailed it. Thank you. If we see anyone posting things they should have researched we should direct them to this post.

I also think, as annoying as these posts may be, it isn't my place to regulate what people ask. If it's a topic I have seen numerous times, I don't open it. People are allowed to have their own conversations. Live and let live!

I agree, I guess 99% Cherie. I love your posts BTW.

I do like to make 'some' allowance for the anxiety some people have after a lifetime of dieting and gaining weight and now they are having a crack at what they see as (or what may be) their last chance to lose weight.

Maybe with self esteem, that because of that is in the toilet, and they're worried they might fail WLS.

For example people freaking out over stalls. If they searched the forum they would get that they happen to almost everyone, but I understand that with no confidence, they might think that they are 'the one' WLS won't work for.

Cheers,

Deano

I agree to a point. I like what dean says about allowing for some anxiety in newbies. And post opers. I mean this is MAJOR surgery! Scary stuffs.

Now I feel a little bit afraid to post about my concerns post op though.

I've seen some really annoying posts such as "zomg I'm like a week out and I can't eat this buffet! crap I wish I'd never gotten surgery!" On one hand, I want to understand and an be supportive. On the other hand I'm like -----> o.O Really?

I agree' date=' I guess 99% Cherie. I love your posts BTW.

I do like to make 'some' allowance for the anxiety some people have after a lifetime of dieting and gaining weight and now they are having a crack at what they see as (or what may be) their last chance to lose weight.

Maybe with self esteem, that because of that is in the toilet, and they're worried they might fail WLS.

For example people freaking out over stalls. If they searched the forum they would get that they happen to almost everyone, but I understand that with no confidence, they might think that they are 'the one' WLS won't work for.

Cheers,

Deano[/quote']

Well they could do a search on "the one person it's not going to work for" and find about 75 threads on that....heh heh