Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I had my sleeve on 22/10/2012 and had a diet program for four weeks, now I'm so lost and don't know what to eat and what not to, started eating raw vegetables two weeks ago..

Can anyone help me with a diet program?

Can anyone tell me when should I stop the Protein Shakes?

Is one Centrum pill daily enough?

Thank you all

First thing, congrats on your weight loss! You should have had a meal program given to you when you went thru the process of getting the surgery scheduled, I am 11 months out and still have Protein Shakes and bars. Everyone is different as to what they can handle. I was one of the lucky ones, I was eating regular foods quickly, albeit small amounts. I would call your doc and have them send you the info again, I used that as a base and added/subtracted foods I liked and tolerated. Good luck to you!

Thank you :)

I read online that we lose weight in the first 6 months then the it stabilizes or goes down really slow, how is it after 11 months? Satisfied?

I've attached a copy of Stage 6 - 7 that was given to me by my nutritionist. Your NUT might have their own set of rules that differ from these.

Good luck !

Stage 6-7.pdf

Where did you have your surgery? Do you not have post-op checkups? Were you not given any information before or after surgery?

Not being a smarty, I just really am wondering? I had frequent check ups and still do. I was given a huge manual with all the information I could ever think of. I was given a diet plan for way farther out than 4 weeks. And I definitely had to take more than one multi-Vitamin pill - I had to take a ton of other supplements in addition to a Multi-Vitamin.< /p>

In absence of any medical guidance since surgery, and since you would be about 2.5 months out, I would suggest continuing the Protein shakes. At that point in time, I was eating pimento cheese, tuna salad, crackers, Wendy's chili, and believe it or not, nuts. Also, cheese, cooked hamburger patties with cheese,cottage cheese with salsa, lunch meat by itself. I know this because I logged my food in great detail.

And if any foods cause pain or discomfort, stop eating them for a week or so then try again.

I'm 10 months out, at goal, and I still drink Protein drinks.

I've attached a copy of Stage 6 - 7 that was given to me by my nutritionist. Your NUT might have their own set of rules that differ from these.

Good luck !

The attachment didn't open :(

diet program for four weeks, now- lost and don't know what to eat and what not to

Can anyone help me with a diet program?Can anyone tell me when should I stop the Protein shakes?Is one Centrum pill daily enough?

SyrRose

Welcome to the board, the more the merrier :)

congrats on your weight loss

glad you got info/food info for the first month

I could be mistaken its sound like you don't have a NUT???

the link/ manuel that JerseyGirl you too will be extremely helpful

can you find a support group around you?? people that have had WLS

it doesn't have to be the sleeve, someone that had surgery and knows the eating and drinking process - it could be helpful to meeting/speaking to others like you

do you know the Water rules?

don't drink for 30 minutes before you eat - do not drink with meals, do not drink after you eat for at least 45 minutes

drink at least 64 oz of Water daily

chew thorougly, slowly

these are the most basic rules, if you have a NUT listen to her specific directions

where were you sleeved??? Mexico?? where do you live?? curious :o

i hope you do have a NUT - or get some more info

now that you have some guidelines from the manuel, read, absorb, and come back for anymore questions. we aim to please :)

take care and good luck

Where did you have your surgery? Do you not have post-op checkups? Were you not given any information before or after surgery?

Not being a smarty' date=' I just really am wondering? I had frequent check ups and still do. I was given a huge manual with all the information I could ever think of. I was given a diet plan for way farther out than 4 weeks. And I definitely had to take more than one multi-Vitamin pill - I had to take a ton of other supplements in addition to a Multi-Vitamin.< /p>

In absence of any medical guidance since surgery, and since you would be about 2.5 months out, I would suggest continuing the Protein shakes. At that point in time, I was eating pimento cheese, tuna salad, crackers, Wendy's chili, and believe it or not, nuts. Also, cheese, cooked hamburger patties with cheese,cottage cheese with salsa, lunch meat by itself. I know this because I logged my food in great detail.

And if any foods cause pain or discomfort, stop eating them for a week or so then try again.

I'm 10 months out, at goal, and I still drink Protein drinks.[/quote']

I have post operative check ups, once a month, the Dr told me to eat whatever I CAN eat and to go slow..

I told him about the Centrum pills, if one pill is enough, his answer was yes it's enough, but when I checked online I found out that I should take lots of other medicaments..

And he didn't mention the protein, I started taking it on my own cuz it's written online..

Now I'm so confused, worried and don't know what to eat..

I think I should be taking extra Vit.B12 and Vit.C ..

should I seek another Dr. or Nut. ?

eat whatever I CAN eat and to go slow..I told him about the Centrum pills, if one pill is enough, his answer was yes it's enough didn't mention the Protein, should I seek another Dr. or Nut. ?

SyRose

glad you have spoken with a NUT - but, IMO i would definitely seek another NUT - sounds like the help you've been receiving has been pretty vague - not helpful at all :angry:

i would definitely get a new NUT - and keep coming back here for good advice :)

good luck

things will turn out

congrats on weight loss

btw - i hope you can open the manuel, it will be helpful

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I had my sleeve on 22/10/2012 and had a diet program for four weeks, now I'm so lost and don't know what to eat and what not to, started eating raw vegetables two weeks ago..

Can anyone help me with a diet program?

Can anyone tell me when should I stop the Protein Shakes?

Is one Centrum pill daily enough?

Thank you all

You really should see your nutritionist who will be able to tell you exactly what you need for your body. Your nutritionist should be able to get all of the information from your surgeon and create a plan for you. This is essential for moving from one phase to another. Good luck!

I got my surgery in Mexico and still came home with meal plans, detailed instructions on medicines and Vitamins. I also received meal plans, written log of my surgery and copies of all test results. Also was given a US number to call anytime for help, along with the doctor's number.