Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOULD U DO IT AGAIN?

i would absolutely do it again. it's hard to get used to eating so little. your brain has to catch up to your body. it was worth any pain or adjustments. i had my surgery april 20th 2012 and have lost 87lbs so far. :) no regrets

I would do it all over again I lost 110 pounds in just 4. Months and I feel so much better now more energy my blood pressure within normal range no meds

I had my surgery 7 months ago. I am a slow loser and have lost only 45 pounds. I definately would do it over again. My only regret is that I had the band first and that I did not have it done sooner.

The hardest thing is keeping yourself dedicated. This is for a lifetime not just that quick fix that people are looking for. If you keep focusing on the prize of health at the end, then the rest is just a means to the end.

I would certainly do it again - I exhausted all other avenues in the battle of weight -

It has been a year today and I have lost 90lbs with 10 more to go - I am 64 years old and feel fabulous.

Oh yes, I would soooo do it over again! I have had no issues whatsoever, I was very lucky! My only issue was self inflicted, I started drinking wine a few months ago and stalled. Back on track now tho! I no longer have high blood pressure, I feel fantastic! I actually like to shop for clothes now and am not repulsed when I see a pic of myself, that is huge for me! Wishing everyone continued success with their journeys! Hugs!

YES!!! It saved my life!

BEST decision I have EVER made and BEST money I have EVER spent!!! Minimal pain, no gas, no nausea, no issues, NADA!! I'm down 120lbs in less than 9 months and I feel FABULOUS!!!! :)

I read all ur stories and i get soo pumped and excited and i want to do it !!! And then all my what if kicks in and i panic and say yo myself " u don't need it i loose weight " then another 2-3 months pass by and I'm worst

If u could go back in time would u have your surgery?????

What are the hardest things you went though ????

chiccha2012

you are still probably a virgin sleever????

some people do have problems here or there with WLS - i was lucky - i had a great surgery, recovery, and now, still, and always plan on feeling great

thats not saying everything came easily, successfully over night

all of the Water situation at first was a little "trying" - getting all my Protein, maybe other stuff, can't remember, so obviously it couldn't have been too bad

DOS

12/15/11

235 lbs

5'3

1/10/13

131 lbs

GOAL

still 5'3 :lol:

no regrets here, would do WLS again before you could say "I love my sleeve ;) "

good luck

get soo pumped and excited - i panic- u don't need it i loose weight " then another 2-3 months pass by and I'm worst

chicha2012

i see now that you are still in the deciding period

most everyone on this board will continue to tell you how wonderful and life saving the WLS has been. most just regret not having been sleeved earlier

if you've tried to lose weight many times only to regain the weight, if you have medical problems like diabetes et al

if you want to feel medically and mentally healthier, be able to run with the kids, or grand-kids, or just be able to run for yourself - IMO the sleeve is the way to go :)

big decision to be sleeved or not - must get mentally prepared for all the hard work that you would be starting - the weight will come off with the assistance of the sleeve - but this is not an overnight quick weight fix

as they say all good things come to those who wait

best of luck on coming to the wise decision of being sleeved ^_^

btw you might hear some unfortunate stories about people that had bad outcomes with surgery, but all surgeries have risks

most people here are biased, we love our sleeve!!!

good luck

Best decision I could have ever made. I found a new me when I lost the weight. New life, new attitude.

Yes! Over and over! I regret wasting so much time deciding on whether or not to do the surgery!