Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention Tattooed Lapbanders!

I think that most of my addicition came from working around it everyday. I got a huge discount on my work, the people that I worked with were like family to me. I am still very close to my artist, he's like a brother to me. It's hard not to have a full body suit since I was around it sooooo much. ~Mandy

My kinda thread!

Mindy... I got cherry blossoms on the top of my foot a few months ago... lemme try to attach a pic... hope it isn't too big! Next I want a nautical star and a sparrow. Hubby and I are talking about both getting sparrows next year for our anniversary.

1205687337_l.jpg

I think that most of my addicition came from working around it everyday. I got a huge discount on my work, the people that I worked with were like family to me. I am still very close to my artist, he's like a brother to me. It's hard not to have a full body suit since I was around it sooooo much. ~Mandy

That is soo true. I worked in a shop for awhile but we were SOO busy i never got work done... but two of the guys ended up being my roomates which led to late night watching tv and workgin on me. I think it worked out great. lol

My kinda thread!

Mindy... I got cherry blossoms on the top of my foot a few months ago... lemme try to attach a pic... hope it isn't too big! Next I want a nautical star and a sparrow. Hubby and I are talking about both getting sparrows next year for our anniversary.

1205687337_l.jpg

That is VERY Similar to what I want. Actually the One I want I saw on Miami Ink . LOL I think the flowers were White and they were on a branch . I'll have to see if i can find a pic of them . I LIke yours alot and that's just about where i want mine !

Mindy

I have 2 tattoos one on my ankle, my zodiac sign in chinese. My second is a sunflower with a lady bug on my chest, thats the one I'm worried about after losing all my weight, where will it go lol. I want another tattoo but I'm gonna get it at my one year bandiversary. HAHA A good reward to myself my goal for one year is to lose 100lbs I'm post sx almost 3 months and I've lost a little over 50lbs so I'm more than half way there. I have always wanted a tattoo on my shoulder blade but thought it was a waste since I'm overweight I dont really wear to many things that show off my shoulders So once Ive lost more weight I think Im gonna get it. I want something like wings with my surgery date on it.

I've seen the ear done and thats cool but when my daughter came home with her lip tatoo'd I nearly fell over! LOL I don't really care tho - same with the piercings. My daughter got her belly button pierced at 16 and my husband was furious - I think big deal! it can grow shut and besides that if I had thought of it when I was her age I would have done it too. Needless to say my younger daughter didn't have as much flack from her dad when she did it.

Speaking of painful places I'll tell you what my son says - first of all he has both shoulder blades done, both upper arms, lower forearm, his chest (mom & dad in hearts - my favorite) a huge cross on his side and the last one he did was his wifes initials on the inside of his wrist, where they take your pulse - the said that was the worst! He said it sent pain all the way up his arm past his elbow - they must have been hitting a nerve.

My daughter has butterflies flying up her side - I like that one too. And my neice has stars scattered on top of her foot - she cried the whole time and my daughter in law has dad in a heart on the top of her foot - they both said it was horrible. Of course thats the only place I've even considered.

StephC,

What did your daughter get on her lip. I have not seen this before so I googled it and saw a few. Wow. It looks painful.

I have seriously thought about getting another one commemorating my weight loss. (when I get there).

I don't know what or where though.

I have seen people get the inside of the lip done and they say it's not too bad. ~Mandy

The top of the foot hurts BAD!!! My foot was so swollen 2 days after I had it done that I couldn't even walk. I kept thinking to myself... what have I done? I couldn't be happier with it now though!

I have Tattos too.. and i have lost 45 pounds already and they dont look like they change any YET.. but that dont mean when i lose the other 80 pounds they wont . but i love tattos so i will get more i am sure lol....

Just reading all these posts, and thinking maybe my secret desire to get another tattoo isn't so crazy.

I have one on my foot which I love, but had myself talked out of another because I'm a 45 y/o grandmother. And I have wrinkles and cellulite.< /em>

I am inspired to start looking at designs again.

.....wondering where to put one........ :)

WHOOWHEE! I'm getting my tat on tomorrow on Saturday! I can't wait. My biopsy for the mole on my shoulder just said that it was A-typical so they want to totally remove it. I was so bummed thinking I would have to wait for my tat since it was in the same area. After much deliberation, with the help of my sister, I decided to change the placement. Instead of on my shoulder (originally wanted it on my left shoulder, but both my shoulders have several regular types of moles on them), I decided to have my dove put in the middle of my back up high starting about my neck. That way I can wear more things to show it off if I wish. On my shoulder I would have to be wearing a halter top or tube top (probably not a lot unless I got my boobs lifted) to show the whole tat. After I get it done, I'll try to post a picture of it, ok?

Thanks for all your help on here!