Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention Tattooed Lapbanders!

Big Girl Banded, the scar I am talking about will go all the way around my waist. I am having a lower body lift next year, it is a Tummy Tuck and then some. The scar basically is the same as a belly chain, all the way around, meeting up around the navel. I have the same band scars, plus my gall bladder scars. Add the lower body life scar and I will be a walking frankstien. ~Mandy

I am too. I had this tattoo done last year. The doc worked in between it at my request. It actually covers a very old breast reduction scar that goes from under one pit to under another from 15 yrs ago.

That scar looked like i had been cut in half :)

I got the tattoo to enhance the scar. I like my healed wounds. They are neat reflections of how i heal.

Thanks for the compliments. I love it too. :D But i will tell you.. out of all that i have OUCH that one was tear producing journey!

Darcy - I just checked out the tat you are getting - too cool. I haven't gotten one yet and think maybe after hitting goal I might get an ankle chain with a small cross dangling from it. My son has several - his first was the christian fish with Jesus on the inside (alot like your dove) and then the scripture Is. 40:10 - he was 16 when he got that. My daughter also has scripture on her side - from Psalms - she has about 4 and she even has one on the inside of her lower lip. LOL don't ask! Now my 16 y/o is aching to get one.

Thanks Steph,

Inside of the lower lip.....OW!

My sister has a beautiful one of flowers on her left ear along the cartlidge. I had my cartlidge pierced at the time, but she worked for 911 and couldn't have it with the headsets. She said all these big tough looking guys were coming over and asking her (while it was being done)...doesn't that hurt? LOL!

I have a tattoo in my ear also, not too bad at all actually. The lip isn't bad either. The side on the ribs is very sensitive. Also the sternum bone, where big girL has her tattoo is realy bad, ouch! I think my neck and feet have been my most painful so far, I am sure that when I get the rest of my back done I will have a new most painful place, I am told there are areas on the spine that really sting. I have a large lotus on the center or my neck, it wasn't too bad, but very little of it covers my spine. Guys are whimps when it comes to getting tattooed. I think that women sit so much better, unless they have a friend or boyfriend there, then they squirm for the attention. Having spent 10 years in a studio, I speak from experience. We had a policy, only the person getting tattooed was allowed in the room. ~Mandy

My only tattoo is a small dot...used to position me for treatment years ago!!

Darcey, I had to hijack the tattoo element of the thread for a minute to comment on your chaps. My DH insisted I have chaps...for safety he said! I resisted saying I did not want to look like I was wearing the whole damn cow! I did end up with them, and now have them overlapped in the bag lace up area, and in the last buckle hole. The legs just hang there! When I get to goal, I am buying new ones....as well as a new jacket, maybe the ones I wanted originally!!! And if I keep working, maybe that will be this coming summer!!! First rally we attend is Memorial Day!!!

OK continue on Tattoo'd ones!!! Sorry for the hijack!!!

Kat

Kat-I started this thread and I don't mind the hijack at all, but now I have a question for you...what do you ride? I have a 2006 Suzuki C50 I bought in September. I already have almost 1200 miles on it.

Well, I no longer ride myself...2 years ago I laid down a '94 Yamaha...and have only rode bi#*h since, for the most part. As for DH & I together, we have several bikes. He has several of his original bikes from years ago from his young days with a Suzuki 250, to 2 '81 Yamaha's a Midnight Maxim 650 and an 1100 Special. A 97 Heritage Springer HD, and a 98 Honda Goldwing 1500. He alo has an antique Triumph he is restoring...ugly bike!!! He is talking a new shop to store more in...go figure!!!

I have begun riding the 650 on occasion, but only on side roads etc. As for riding more...not sure whether it is something I will do again or not. It just depends on which day you ask me!! I am finding myself more comfortable on it with the weight loss...so maybe!!

Enjoy...you will love Sturgis!!

Kat

I have one in the center of my back, at my third chakra, it's a center flame inside interlocked boxes, inside flames.

I got it just after I found out about my Cushing's. Yellow, red and blue.

Chakra Three:

Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition

This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

tattoos-

Right arm Gargoyle

Left arm- Foo dog ( the chinese dogs in front of restaurants)

Right ankle bone- flaming star

Lower back from one side to the next- wrought Iron fencing

Upper back- Bonsai tree in a storm

Front stomach- ornate design (in the scar section of this forum)

Motorcycles; 2 Fzr 600 and an xs1100

I have a little wild child still left in me.:angel: :)

The only thing i see as something to get used to is not my tattoos going into shape, i think they will adapt nicely but the post sticking into my ribs when i ride. :thankyou:

Here is my tattoo list

I'll start at the top and work my way down...

My left ear a rose

my neck a butterfly and a flaming lotus

my back a big angel

my left arm 3 big tiger lillies with another butterfly

my right arm a 50's style pin-up sailor girl

my right thigh a black tribal sun

my left calf inside has a Water dragon the goes from my knee to my ankle and then the outside has a big tribal design and covers the rest of my calf

the right leg has a tinkerbell, Mickey Mouse and my daughters name (looks like crayon in childs writing) with crayons scattered around it

My left foot has the beginning of a frog on a lilly pad with a koi fish

my right foot has a scared heart and chinese kanji for vamipre (it a balance of good and evil thing)

That's all for now, the background of the tink and Mickey is going to be the Magic Kingdon castle from Disney World someday, it takes time and money, I have the money but never have the time to get work done. ~Mandy