Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery 12/28 nd ive only lost 9 lbs! I havent lost any weight in 2 days...i am on my period so that may be a factor.

I see people who have lost 15-20 lbs since 12/28 and mine is barely comning off :( Im starting to think this isnt going to work for me!

I know it sucks but hang in there everyone loses weight at a different pace. It isn't a quick fix the big numbers are mostly Water weight.

I dont know if Im not eating enough or drinking enough?? I really have no appetite so I know Im not overeating or anything.I havent had any Protein Shakes in 2 days. I go to the doc tomorrow for my checkup so im buying some more powder then.....im just totally upset

I thought I was losing slowly i the beginning too (sleeved 11/15) and my doctor told me that everyone loses at a different pace and the more you have to lose, the quicker you will lose in the beginning and if you don't have hundreds of pound to lose that could be the reason. He said to expect about a 8-12% loss in the fist month. I lost about 8% the first month. Also, once you start eating more Protein you tend to lose faster also. Of course, us women have our monthly cycles to deal with that include Water gain and bloating. So, I am 8 weeks out and down 26.5 lbs... only 12% in 8 weeks, but I have less than 100 lbs to lose. As long as the scale keeps going down, I figure I'm doing something right. You don't always lose weight every day! I know it's hard, believe me.but try not to get discouraged and be happy for where you are at. You are on your way.. if it takes 7 months or 12 months to reach your goal, does it matter? It's not a race, as long as we reach our goals then it was worth it!

Good luck!

Thanks! I would be ok if i lost something everyday but not losing in 2 days has really upset me. im going to have my husband ide my scale because i cannot live like this, being upset every day. I need to only weigh myself once a week.my doc should release me to start working out tomorrow so hopefully that helps too

Best advice I can give you is don't compare yourself to others! It's hard but it will make this journey so much better.

I dont know if Im not eating enough or drinking enough?? I really have no appetite so I know Im not overeating or anything.I havent had any Protein shakes in 2 days. I go to the doc tomorrow for my checkup so im buying some more powder then.....im just totally upset

Hey, Alley, I was sleeved 12/27 and have only dropped 5 pounds since surgery. You are aheaqd of me!

I am not an expert as I haven't had my surgery yet but I would not weigh myself more than

once a week. There is to much pressure if you weigh yourself everyday.

Don't forget you did get IV Fluid while in the hospital you have Water weight and the time of the month . So that will slow down, but don't lose hope. After i had my surgery in 12/29/11 i lost pretty good down a total of 60lbs and ive been at a stand still. don't get discourge

Hang in there! We can't undo this so the only choice we have is to push through it. I know you're not hungry, but try to get in your Protein and your liquids. Also if you haven't uh........gone in awhile, that may be the culprit. Try some colace or Miralax or milk of magnesia because the first go after surgery was quite painful for me!

I thought I was losing a bit slowly as well, but the body is going to do what it's going to do and we can't control it. We have to learn to roll with it. It does seem to be picking up now, the more Protein I get in, the better I lose.

How are other things? Shirts getting baggy? Pants falling off? One of the first signs for me was that my knees didn't hurt on the stairs anymore... and that was mere DAYS after surgery.

Keep the faith! You'll make it through.

Also you probably won't lose weight every day! Be prepared to see the same numbers for a few days/weeks. It happens... ride it out!

Thanks for the encouraginng words everyone. Ive lost a total of 30 lbs including my pre op diet so

i should be happy about that. I just thought it would come off faster.

I have been very sluggish and have slept for 2 days straight...i dont know if its because its my timeof the month or what is wrong...i hope it gets better!

@ curvyj, my clothes are becoming baggy. My pants are saggy everywhere and loose so i know thtas a good sign

I understand get upset... I thought I would have list more too. But than again everyone loses at a different pace..

I feel I'm not losing because I can't get enough Water or Protein down. Then tonight I tried to get a little more Water down and threw up... Ugh but I know it will all be fine in a few months!

Have faith!

Most people say they feel tired for the first month after surgery. Once you are able to consume more, you'll have more energy. Protein helps with that as well. It comes and goes for me.

GOOD on the baggy clothes. You are losing inches! \o/

I am a few days ahead of you and I've lost 13 lbs. You're not doing too badly, at all!

I refuse to be a slave to the scale. Besides my doctors visits, I've weighed myself twice at home since surgery two months ago. I know this probably isnt the norm but my thought is this - it is way too easy for me not to weigh myself and I don't want to rely on a scale to tell me how I'm doing.

We all know when we've had a bad day or screwed up on our diets. In the past, after having a bad day or bad week I'd weigh myself to find that I ONLY gained a pound or two. So I'd think, heck it's only a couple pounds and if I was able to eat all that junk food and only gain a couple pounds why not do it again next week. Thus the vicious cycle continued.

I've become a big fan of my fitness pal. At the end of each day I'm easily able to tell how I did without jumping on the scale. I judge my progress not on the numbers on the scale but on the little things that I'm able to do now that I'm shedding the weight...tying my shoes, standing up from sitting without rocking back and forth, hugging my wife without leaning forward.

There's no question about it. If you've had the surgery and stick with the plan, you will lose the weight. Be patient. It took us a long time to get our bodies to look the way they do. I figure it will take quite a while to get them back to normal.

Sorry for the rant....my two cents.