Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help finding a post

The post might have been lost in the LBT server crash, so I can't find it ANYwhere, and I'm wondering if anyone remembers.

I don't know the thread title, or the Forum it was in.

I *think* it was a guy who was the poster (not the thread-starter) and he was from...Argentia? no...Costa Rica? no...I don't recall.

He has been banded 5+ years and he posted something about eating Soups first, and other softer foods, before eating heavier foods, and felt that having a softer diet helped prevent erosion? soemthing to that effect. I wanted to go back and read what he said...it really piqued my interest!

Does anyone remember this post? I have done searches but nothing. If someone could just rememebr his screen name? Okay, I'm asking alot. :heh:

Thanks for any help!

The user is EricBermudez, but you're right in that the post may have been lost in the server crash. I read quickly through his posts but couldn't find the one you are looking for. :)

Thanks! I can't believe you remembered his name! Wow! Maybe I'll PM him. He had an interesting take. The "bandster rules" have always been eat your hard protiens first to stay full longer, but after 18+ months banded myself, I tend to agree with his "softer foods first" opinion, especially with "first-bite syndrome" being such a problem. Don't you love all the lingo? LOL Anyhow, thanks!

You're welcome, Kathy! I don't know what it is, but my brain sometimes holds on to things I've only seen fleetingly. Something about your question just rang a bell in my head, and the name POPPED right in. I don't have any idea why that happens. Glad I could help! :)

You're welcome, Kathy! I don't know what it is, but my brain sometimes holds on to things I've only seen fleetingly. Something about your question just rang a bell in my head, and the name POPPED right in. I don't have any idea why that happens. Glad I could help! :)

LOL, it's your amazing mind!

Eric replied on his intro thread. Those interested click the link above and join in. :)

Thanks Kathy, Ill try to rewrite. Well I got a fill again this time 2.7 c.c. . It is very tight but it is OK so I loose weight faster. In my case ( I don't know if it is true) the Dr. told me he placed my band higher than normal. Why?? Well, when I had surgery my BMI was 1 point under the minimal for surgery. But when I told the Dr. what I ate he said I would be back later with the correct BMI, I was eating about 8000-9000 calories a day. Everytime I saw a fast food restaurant I had the urge to eat. Ok...

Having the band higher, makes you eat slower, because you get the sensation of fullness faster. In my case the eating procedure is different as many of the bandsters. I understand the principle of eating solids and avoid too much liquid so you don't wash your food away. I hope I am not the only one that uses the inverse.

In the mornings it is very difficult to " open the Band " it takes me even up to 2 hours to make liquids go through. I usually open the band with iced Water with a lot of ice. I've heard people drinking hot liquids ( it sounds logical hot liquids make the band softer ). Ive never tried it, Ill have to give it a try.

In the mornings I only have liquids. In the other meals once I open the band , I'll go for Soups, mashed potatoes,or any kinf of puree. Then I'll go with fish or chicken. Before the band I was 100% carnivorous ( red meats ), now I hardly eat read meat its to rough. next reply>>>>>>>>>

Since it is very hard for me to open the band each time I want to eat. I only have 3 meals a day. Sometimes at dinner I eat only a Soup or only a Glass of milk.

Even for the milk I have to open the band with Water. If I open the band with milk I will PB, and guess what it is not milk it is loke cottage cheese ( sorry for the details ), thats because of the time it takes to open the band, the body heats changes the milk composition.

Ive tried eating solids first and there is no way, I get the PB sensation.

Even it is hard for me to eat. The Lapband is the best thing. It changed my way of life for good.

Sorry for my English....

Ask me anything else if you feel I havent answer all your questions.

Also in my case once I open the band I will have to eat at a constant pace. If I stop eating for about 2-3 minutes, it gets harder to start eating again. I believe tha band starts to restrict the food again. Remeber my band is at a higher level, I think the pouch can't get larger than if you have the band at a lower level. This is just an Hypothesis..

Eric