Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5'5" Women....what is your goal weight or size?

This thread has been very eye opening for me.

At 5'3" my goal weight is 115 lbs. I don't know what that will look like, but I'm halfway there from my pre-op weight. Right now I weigh 163 and am just under "obese" and am now classified at the high end of "overweight" on a BMI chart.

These weights that the 5'4" and 5'5' members are giving sound really high to me. Yes, I know everyone is different and don't carry their weight the same way, have different builds, etc. Still, this is really interesting and intrigues me. I'm not judging anyone at all. Its just that my perceptions have been jostled and I am pondering a few things, especially how I personally view what I think would be healthy or not healthy for me.

I am 5'5" and want to be at 140.

I'm 5'5" and my goal is 150. I remember in 2001 when I got down to that size and I LOVED it!! I am also a curvy girl and love my curves... my other goal is to be toned and apparent muscle definition. So if my weight is a little more than that due to muscle... so be it!!!

Highest Weight = 256.8

Surgery Weight = 247 (10/30/12)

Current Weight = 215

I would love to hear more about this topic. I've been feeling so down because I wasn't reaching higher numbers. I was sleeved 11/26/12 and at 6 wks out I'm only down 19 lbs since surgery. I saw others listing numbers in the 40's which blows my mind. Of course I'm not doing the walking or the calorie counting but still I would think with as little as I eat that there would by less of me. Now yesterday was my first day back at work and I got an amazing reception by everyone who hasn't seen me in 6 wks. Before the surgery I had already lost 36 lbs so all together it's 55 lbs lost in 7 mths. Those numbers make me feel better.

I'm 47 yrs , 5'4 and was 199lbs on the day of surgery. I was wearing 2X tops and 18W jeans and now I'm wearing misses XL tops and size 14 jeans. I would love to hit 135 lbs before the end of this year. My husband and I joined a gym and hopefully with being back at work I'll begin to see better results. I don't recall anyone telling me where I should be month to month or even what weight I should be for my age and height. I pretty much go by the BMI listing online. If anyone knows a good website let me know.

Tram

I'm 5'6" and I'd like to be 150. if I could never get down to that, I'd like the at least make it to 165.

I posted this same question when i was starting out and did not hear from anyone far out from surgery. I hope this helps and/or motivates you.

I'm 5'5" with a large frame and am down to 146lbs. My original goal was 135, but feel its way too small so I moved it to 140. I wear a size 6 and have 6 more lbs to go.

SW: 243.6

Surgery 3/13/12

I hope to make goal by my anniversary.

What I have learned over these last 10 months is that everyone's body is so different that you can't base your goal on anyone else your same height. You can definitely ball park it and use it as a guide, but your goal will change several times as you near the end and see your body change. This is going to come off as bragging and this is not my intention, but its important to share so you can understand what I mean. People tell me I'm too skinny and are shocked to learn I weigh 146 lbs. The perception of size other people have is that I'm in my 120's. I just happen to hold my weight evenly across my body so 146 on me, may not look like 146 on someone who carries it all in their gut. This is why your goal may change as you get closer to the end of your weight loss. You may need to lose a little more or less depending on your body type, not just height.

One more thing, I run a lot, but have not incorporated weight training yet into my regimine. I anticipate my weight to go up a bit from 140 with some added muscle mass or maybe I'll lose a little more and gain muscle. Who knows? This is all so new to me still.

I hope this was helpful and good luck in your journey.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

In my adult life, at my best, my weight was 170 and people could never believe that was my weight, so I know what you mean. My lowest ever adult weight was 163. I always felt I could never go lower than that and look normal. I was just sleeved 12/27, I'm 5'5" and my current weight is 241. I am shooting for 170.

I'm 5'5 and surgeon goal is 170. I got to 170 once as an adult for about a year and was in size 12. Other than that I think I hit 170 by 7th grade :-)

I'm aiming for 150 ish. Started 253 sleeved 10/23, at 205 today. Would also love to see single digit sizes!

I just want to be a size 8 - whatever weight I am will be fine.

I'm 5'5 too. I've art my goal at 145. I'm currently 4 months out and weigh 173.

I know I'm still crashing this thread being 5'3", but at 3.5 months out and 163lbs, I know this is still wayyyy too big. I'm sticking with my goal of 115 lbs for now and seeing how that goes.

I know I'm still crashing this thread being 5'3"' date=' but at 3.5 months out and 163lbs, I know this is still wayyyy too big. I'm sticking with my goal of 115 lbs for now and seeing how that goes.[/quote']

I think it just depends on the persons body type. Some people carry their weight better then others. I have seen some weigh less on the scale but actually look bigger then someone who weighs more. For me i would look sick if i got below 125. And I really don't want to be my teenage daughters size. Plus I love my curves and thickness. so I'm actually not even sure I would want to get below 150.

But then again I'm not the type to be hung up on just the scale's number. I love losing inches more And just how I feel overall.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm 5'4 and would be happy between 175-200 pounds. That is what I weighed in high school and though I still had a gut, I really liked how I looked. Still had curves in all the right places ; )