Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was feeling so good yesterday. Today someone told me how good I look BUT she thought my thighs would get smaller. I just wanted to cry! I have big thighs and bootie, no mater how much weight I loose. I think some people will never get that people are built different. Surgery doesn't change that. I just saw Jennifer Hudson in the weight watchers commercial and she is amazing with big thighs! I know in my heart it's going super great but today was a little set back. I have to get over what people say. Is anyone else dealing with a mean comment from a close friend.

The person who said that is insensitive & ignorant. I am small on top and big on bottom. I have gone from a 3x top size 24-26 bottoms. Now I am an XL on top and an 18 on bottom. Everyone tells me how fabulous I look, but I am in the 50 year old group. Jennifer Lopez changed my world on large butts, Hudson's body is raved about.

You said she is your friend, remember the saying "you hurt me once, shame on you. You hurt me twice, shame on me. I know...easier said than done. All this comes easier with age...hang in there, you are smart to write about it, get it out.....of course if you are able to tell your friend her comment made you feel rotten and body types come in all shapes and sizes, then you would feel powerful, you would own it. Hang in there, more greatness is coming your way

My mom is of course my biggest cheerleader. But even though she always says "wow" whenever she sees me, she also says "I'm just worried your face is going to get too skinny and you're going to look old". Ugh! I'll never please the woman!!

Not yet but that was such a back sided compliment. And she is probably jealous of your awesomeness! :)

Yep, a back handed compliment like that reeks of envy!

Ummm, wait, since when is a big butt & thighs on a fit woman a bad thing? I know tons of women are spending big money ro get what you have.

I also have a big butt and thighs...something that was not considered attractive when I was a teenager and young adult. No matter how thin I was, I always had that "problem". I now find it funny that my 17 year old daughter worries that her behind isn't big enough....and she is built like me at that age! She says that's what is "hot".

Moral of the story: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and perception of beauty changes over time.

Also, that was not very nice of your friend to say that. I'm always amazed at what people think they can say to others!

A woman who is considered one of the most beautiful women ever, Marilyn Monroe, had an hour glass shape. We are now going the other way from our idea of beauty as being model thin to recognizing that WOMEN have curves. I am a pear myself and I just tell people with a smile, "Yes, I have a hour-glass shape, just a little too much sand in the bottom half". Look at some of the beautiful women around today, Jennifer Lopez, Sophia Vegaro, Scarlett Johanson, Jennifer Lawrence, they all have curves and lets not forget the classic beauty of Sophia Lorenz. Be proud of your curves! As long as you know you are beautiful you will project that to the world. Confidence is beautiful!

A woman who is considered one of the most beautiful women ever' date=' Marilyn Monroe, had an hour glass shape. We are now going the other way from our idea of beauty as being model thin to recognizing that WOMEN have curves. I am a pear myself and I just tell people with a smile, "Yes, I have a hour-glass shape, just a little too much sand in the bottom half". Look at some of the beautiful women around today, Jennifer Lopez, Sophia Vegaro, Scarlett Johanson, Jennifer Lawrence, they all have curves and lets not forget the classic beauty of Sophia Lorenz. Be proud of your curves! As long as you know you are beautiful you will project that to the world. Confidence is beautiful![/quote']

I love this!

Yeah, I could relate... I had this problem since I was born :D my thighs & butt are not in proportion with the rest of my body... I'm ok until my waist which is narrow, then.. Huge thighs & butt :( but can't help it, it's genetic.... dieting never helped... I always lost weight in my upper part, and little weight in my lower... My mom & dad always made comments on that, and they still do after the surgery, that my thighs & butt aren't gonna get any smaller than this, but I have faith, and I'm actually content with the way I'm turning out... I'm not looking forward to modelling or any of that.. I just want to look good, feel healthy, and be able to buy clothes that I like... and I think I look sexy :D

that is just a crazy thing for her to say, she must have flat butt!

My boyfriend is so worried I will lose my back side and legs but even thin before I had back.

flaunt it!