Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a huge Dr. Pepper addict, and I know it's going to be torture never having this again... Is anyone else struggling with giving this up for good?

I was the same with Sun-Drop (local drink that is similar to Mountain Dew, only better). I missed it during pre-op and for a couple of months after my surgery. Then I tried a couple of sips of one and I could no longer stand it....it was awful! Way too sweet and the carbonation hurt my stomach. I've not missed it since. I'm not saying to go and try a Dr. Pepper to rid you of the longing, I'm just saying that often our tastes change post-op and that there is a lot of truth to the reasons to avoid carbonated drinks. Hopefully your craving for it will disappear, or at least subside.

I haven't had soda in 8 months, 6 days. I was a Sprite & Mt Dew addict. I mostly miss Shirley Temples, sprite with grenadine & cherries. I've been craving them lately but I won't try it.

Diet Coke has been my love, my life, for 25 years and the only break I have taken was for pregnancies. I'm on day 5 of quitting, I'm pre-op. Headaches during days 1-3 were bad but have eased up. As much as I love soda, I want to lose this weight and feel better even more. Good luck!

I was a Pepsi girl and I withdrew so bad after surgery I went out a few days a week and bought a Slurpee. I was only able to have a few bites but it took care of the craving. I no longer crave it at all. I'm not saying to do this, but I know the feeling! I still haven't been able to give up sweet tea which is bad, but the way I look at it is...I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't gamble, and I'm still losing weight. If it comes down to me stalling ill cut back but I'm down 70 lbs so far from my pre op diet. Surgery was 10/16.

I was a Pepsi girl and I withdrew so bad after surgery I went out a few days a week and bought a Slurpee. I was only able to have a few bites but it took care of the craving. I no longer crave it at all. I'm not saying to do this' date=' but I know the feeling! I still haven't been able to give up sweet tea which is bad, but the way I look at it is...I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't gamble, and I'm still losing weight. If it comes down to me stalling ill cut back but I'm down 70 lbs so far from my pre op diet. Surgery was 10/16.[/quote']

I here u! I have found that if it's cold then it hurts my stomach however i get the small cans and leave them hot and fill up with ice and then my craving is satisfied. I still feel like I'm doing good i drink lots of Water i don't buy junk it's my treat

I'm 4 mos out & can now tolerate the carbonation. I treat myself to a diet Pepsi every now & then but don't crave it like I used to.

I'm 27 days post-op and today I missed soda like crazy. I was always a diet coke fan, but I also would sometimes drink regular coke. Reg Coke is sitting on my counter right now and I want a glass so badly. I didn't think I'd miss soda this much :[

I'm 5 months post-op and I have a small can of coke zero every day. But i get rid of the carb first and add ice.

I used to drink a 24 pack of Diet Pepsi a week. I had headaches while giving it up pre-op. I thought I would NEVER be able to give it up completely. I'm one year out and I have had ONE can of Diet Pepsi in that year. It didn't effect me, as far as carbonation, but it didn't taste as good as it used to. I figure why get started on something I'm only feeling mediocre about? I understand how you feel, totally, but I think your taste may change after surgery. Stay strong!!

Oh... Dr Pepper was my drug of choice. I gave it up 2 days before surgery.

I hit send too soon- I have it up 2 days before surgery. I will admit to one sip two weeks ago. I am not going to lie. It was delicious. So I made myself stop. My dr ok's it after 8 weeks. But- I know it's empty calories.

I'm 5 months post-op and I have a small can of coke zero every day. But i get rid of the carb first and add ice.

How are u getting rid of carbs

I have heard that others buy those diet Soda stream flavors and add it to Water instead of carbonation, basically it will taste like flat pop, think I might try it out to see if its any good.