Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello there, I had my vsg January 24, 2012. I paid cash for my surgery which makes this even worse for me. I find I am getting back into old habits. I am eating so much junk it's not funny. I started at 219 and got down to 173. I went from a size 18 almost 20 to a size 12-14. By some miricle, I am still able to fit into this size. I may have gained about 7 or 8 pounds though. I don't exercise like I should. I have started walking more recently.

I am so disgusted with myself. I would have probably gained everything back if it weren't for I don't have room to put it. On a regular day, I was eating a box of chocolates, a bag of nuts, or some sort of sweet and also maybe a bag of Cheetos. I made up my mind last week to lay off the sweets. I bought fruit yesterday and a bag of Cheetos. I have been eating the fruit and the Cheetos lasted 2 days.

I paid good money for this surgery and can't believe I'm throwing it away like this. I travel a great deal for my job and right now I am in a hotel room with a small refrigerator and a microwave. So I can't do alot of healthy food shopping if I have to refrigerate it. I will be here for a few months so it's hard to grocery shop. I need some sort of encouragement and a kick in the butt. I would still like to lose about 25-30 pounds. Somehow I need to start this thing over. Any suggestions?

I love to hear success stories. I hope all is well and that you are staying focus on your journey. I belong to a private support group called Sleeve Sisters on FB where there is similiar stories as yourself. Please come by support the page and join our private support group. It would be nice to hear more stories...

God bless....

Sleeve Sisters

And the award for 'didn't read the original post properly goes to ... '

OP - all is not lost. Have you heard of the five day restart fast a lot of people try? Don't allow yourself to fall ino the negative thinking trap that may sabotage your hard work. Chin up, you've got this x

My surgeons office has support groups & one of them is called "back on track" & it's a program designed to help us when we feel like we are gaining.. Maybe try calling your Dr's office or speak to your nut. You are realizing that you are backtracking & that's a good start. Make your changes & just know that you CAN do it!!