Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for surgerybon 1/17 I have seen my pcp any ekg and per op blood work are good. I will be starting my preop liquid diet one week in advance i want to make sure i can do this its like a test of will. My surgeon only requires a 5 day preop diet. I am nervous excited sad mad and happy. Its like im breaking up with a horrible boyfriend that i still have feelings for. I have been overweight all my life and surrounded by two sisters who look like super models. I do just want to lose weight to look awesome i want to do everything i have never done bc of my weight. I feel my weight has held back my career my motherhood love life and fun. I am done letting obesity define me. I am kicking that ***** named obesity down the stairs and never looking back. Are there any january dates out there? What are u doing to get ready?

Good for you!! Good luck with your journey.

Get'er done. Wife is schedule for the 17th and mine is the 31st. We are both looking forward to using our new tool to get healthier. She is currently in her 2 week liquid diet. I start mine on the 24th. Best of luck!!!

My surgery is also Jan. 17, but my pre-op diet is 2 weeks, so I'm on day 4. I know what you mean about a bad breakup, but it does get easier. The other things that I am doing to get ready are making sure that I have supplies for post-op, like Gas-X strips, Protein powders, stretch pants, Mio, broths, breath freshener, etc, and making a Pinterest board of food/recipes that it will be good for me to eat once I can eat solids again. I waited until today to start with the recipes--it might have been hard to look at all those pictures of food on the first few days of this pre-op diet.

My doc requires liquid 2 weeks preop and 2 weeks postop. I'm also starting an additional week early because they think there might be an opening a week earlier to offer me but I had to be willing to start liquids early just in case. I worry about 3 full weeks of liquids preop but am going to try to keep Protein very high and do lots of other liquids, along with lots of house cleaning and getting some work for my job done in advance so the time off won't be so impactful. I'm praying for some decent weather to maybe get some extra outside walking in. If anyone knows of other strategies to help, please share! Good luck to us! Here's hoping the time flies by!

I look at it this way, every pound lost before surgery is one less pound to loose after surgery. You can do this.

You guys are right about losing the weight preop. My last solid meal is tonight and its popeyes...funny thing is before i had my son i hated popeyes now its delicious too me I hope this surgery takes this craving away. I have preop appointment with my surgeon on the 11th. I hope i lose at least 5lbs by then. I have been getting post op items like Protein Shakes broth and Vitamins. I still have some shopping to do. I am glad too see me fridge and cabinets going bare so i can start fresh. I know the challenge will come when my husband and 5 yr old son start eating foods i love...im the cook in the house so this will be a very trying time. Wylie i think its great the u and ur wife are doing this together i wish my husband could do this with me!!!

YAY for you! Your big day will be here before you know it. I started a modified preop diet 12 weeks early. I'm currently nearing the end of my fifth week and I've lost 21 pounds and feel great. I know the NEXT 20 pounds won't come off so easily, but I'm hoping to be down a total of 40 pounds by my March 13th surgery date. I think I would go out of my mind if I hadn't started this preop diet already, It makes me feel like I'm doing something and not just sitting around waiting for my life to change.

Thats awesome that youve started ur preop diet that early and have been so successful. I didnt even think about it that early on it didnt seem real until my insurance approved it and i had a surgery date. I nevee thoughr id be scared not to chew my food only drink but i am. Food really controls the mind i understand drug and alcohol abusers now

food really controls the mind i understand drug and alcohol abusers now

AMEN.