Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I my wife and I have surgery on the 19th w Dr Garcia in Tj. I'm totally fearing the preop diet. Tomorrow is day one....wish us luck

Good luck! I'm on day 3, surgery on the 17th. It's not the worst thing, but it is challenging. You have each other for support to stay strong, so that's nice.

Hi there! I am on Day 5 of pre-op. by day 3&4, it gets sooo much easier. Days 1&2 were the toughest and those were the days I stayed the busiest.

Keep the mind busy!

You can do it, today was the easiest day yet!

Good luck to us on our journey. :)

I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am scared of what I am going to look and feel like skinny I can't remember the last time I was under 250 I want to get down to a goal wight of 210 or even 195 I am at 335 now before the pre-op diet. I am excited at the same time wired feeling just saying.

I start mine on Tuesday and am really worried about being strong and sticking to it and also becoming a total b***h, which happens when i get hungry. My husband isn't supportive of the surgery so I don't know if he will help make it easier for me or not. It is cool you an your wife are able to do this together.

I my wife and I have surgery on the 19th w Dr Garcia in Tj. I'm totally fearing the preop diet. Tomorrow is day one....wish us luck

I wish you both the best,just know it get better in a few days just hang in there.

U can do it

I start mine on Tuesday and am really worried about being strong and sticking to it and also becoming a total b***h' date=' which happens when i get hungry. My husband isn't supportive of the surgery so I don't know if he will help make it easier for me or not. It is cool you an your wife are able to do this together.[/quote']

I worried about my wife being a b***h to she had the the lap band in 2008 and when she did that diet watch out. I do think we will help each other this time and the b mood will not come from her this time I think it will come from me. She going to rub this in my face this time Khama a b***h.

I am sorry your hubby is not supportive! I was blessed to have a supportive husband and entire family. Just think in a few months you will be lighter way lighter than now! healthier and loving it! You have all of our support! :)

Could you all post what a day looks like in regard to you preop diet? I will be starting in a week or so... Scared and excited!

Thanks

Could you all post what a day looks like in regard to you preop diet? I will be starting in a week or so... Scared and excited!

Thanks

For me:

Breakfast: EAS Lean Protein shake mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Dannon light n fit Greek yogurt.

Lunch: EAS Lean Protein Shake mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Dannon light n fit Greek yogurt.

Dinner: Broiled chicken breast; steamed veggies or a big salad. Or both.

Snack: raw almonds or a 3rd Protein Shake.< /p>

It's very regimented but I need strict boundaries or I will deviate and eat uncontrollably. I'm not saying this is the best way, but its what I need. I'm trying to do 1200 calories a day so I lose weight preop safe and healthy. I hope I'm doing it right! I would just listen to your surgeon.

Amanda Rae

I just hope I'm doing it right and making healthy choices.

Amanda Rae

For me:

Breakfast: EAS Lean Protein shake mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Dannon light n fit Greek yogurt.

Lunch: EAS Lean Protein Shake mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Dannon light n fit Greek yogurt.

Dinner: Broiled chicken breast; steamed veggies or a big salad. Or both.

Snack: raw almonds or a 3rd Protein shake.< /p>

It's very regimented but I need strict boundaries or I will deviate and eat uncontrollably. I'm not saying this is the best way' date=' but its what I need. I'm trying to do 1200 calories a day so I lose weight preop safe and healthy. I hope I'm doing it right! I would just listen to your surgeon.

Amanda Rae[/quote']

Are you going to do the 2 week liquid diet?

3 days of Clear liquids, starting 3 days b4 surgery, is what my coordinator forwarded to me.

Amanda Rae

I started my preop diet extra early with the blessing of my coordinator due to my high BMI. That's why I say talk to your surgical team about your preop. They're the professionals and we are all different. I'd never say what I'm doing is best for the next person...

Amanda Rae