Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating out! How do you sleevers do it?

I usually ask for an extra plate and pick off of my family's plates. We frequent an italian restaurant in our hometown and my son loves the seafood Pasta so I will eat a few pieces of his shrimp along with sharing my daughters salad and 1/2 of 1 of her meatballs. You just have to improvise and not worry about what others think.

I eat out all the time because I travel for work. I order fish or a turkey burger, and try to get the most bang out of the Protein buck. The thing I feel most guilty about is throwing all those leftovers out, because I'm staying in hotels. Also, many of the servers will ask if my food was ok, because I eat so little of it.

Next week, I'm going to ask if they could just cook me a 1/2 order of the food. I feel so bad throwing food out (hey, that's how I got to be so big .... lol)

The other thing the servers find strange is that I don't order any beverage with the meal. I like a previous post in this thread that they get the Water with lemon to go. I may try that too.

Good luck with your WL journey

I ask for a To Go Box up front and then order what I think I can handle.I am 10weeks out and on Monday we went out for my hubs Bday and I ordered the 7oz Filet Mignon and Steamed broccoli.They brought salad I ate a few cucumbers off it and pushed it away.I did not touch the bread basket bc bread does not sit well with me.When my steak came I cut 1/3 off it and put the rest and the broccoli except 2 florets in the box so that restaurant meal made 3 meals for me.When my husband had dessert I had one bite and was good to go . I do not feel deprived bc I generally eat what my family eats (I cook it) but way less .I don't go places I can't find something decent to eat and my HB supports that:)

This has been one of the hardest things for me and I don't know why. My husband and usually do not like the same things but when we do we just share an entree and salad. If you think about it, it's usually alot of food for one person anyway. But when we don't agree on what to eat I'm stumped. I don't really care for leftovers and I also don't want to waste the money on a full size entree. I'm tired of ordering the same appitzers over and over too.

We only go to a few different places and actually lately I've just been ordering a dessert...yep, I know thats bad but none of the food sounds good to me anymore. I've tried to explain this to my husband who LOVES to eat out, but he just doesn't get it.

I don't enjoy just sitting there while everyone else eats, I feel left out. I sit there with my hands in my lap like a goof ball.

Our lives use to revolve around food. When you Celebrate, birthdays, new jobs, dating, anything...and I don't know what to do anymore.

I really struggle with this.

I have my surgery on Jan 29, but from what they told me, Ill get a kids meal card, so thats where most of my food will be coming from. Also, my sister had bypass 5 years ago, and she just orders a togo box and packs most of her food up.

I have my surgery on Jan 29, but from what they told me, Ill get a kids meal card, so thats where most of my food will be coming from. Also, my sister had bypass 5 years ago, and she just orders a togo box and packs most of her food up.

Kids' meals even in the nicest places are a disappointment and not sleeve friendly. We are much better off ordering Protein rich appetizers, ala carte, senior portion of half portion meals.

Kid's meals may sound like a deal, but they usually consist of [bad] mac and cheese, hamburger, hot dog chicken strips, grilled cheese, pizza and spaghetti.

This has been one of the hardest things for me and I don't know why. My husband and usually do not like the same things but when we do we just share an entree and salad. If you think about it, it's usually alot of food for one person anyway. But when we don't agree on what to eat I'm stumped. I don't really care for leftovers and I also don't want to waste the money on a full size entree. I'm tired of ordering the same appitzers over and over too.

We only go to a few different places and actually lately I've just been ordering a dessert...yep, I know thats bad but none of the food sounds good to me anymore. I've tried to explain this to my husband who LOVES to eat out, but he just doesn't get it.

I don't enjoy just sitting there while everyone else eats, I feel left out. I sit there with my hands in my lap like a goof ball.

Our lives use to revolve around food. When you Celebrate, birthdays, new jobs, dating, anything...and I don't know what to do anymore.

I really struggle with this.

Robin, I know where you're coming from. My wife works in the food industry as a coffee roaster and I guess we consider ourselves foodies.

We spend money on quality ingredients, we love cooking, and I still enjoy eating and talking about food. The eating bits are in smaller amounts!

I know what you mean about left overs. It's a bit different in Australia as well. We have very strange food hygiene laws (over the top) which means lots of places won't give you a to go box or let you take it away.

I used to eat 3 or more courses when I'd eat out. I've had more than my fill of 12 course de gustation. Now I'll order the main I feel like eating (I think we call your entree a main course) and I'll just leave what I don't want.

I don't like waste either, especially money. But the reality is we're saving a fortune (I used to eat for 2 men) and I refuse to not live a life!

Cheers,

Deano

Last night dh and I had a date night at Red Lobster. I ate half a biscuit, a few bites of salad, a couple shrimp and packed up the rest. I divided the left over booty amongst my kids. They were excited because they got restaurant food and I was excited because I didn't have to eat left overs for 3 days. :)

Hi. I am 3 weeks out and I love Yard House's Ahi tuna sushi (it's ahi tuna in chunks, cucumber, edamame, and avocado stacked up. No rice) does anyone know when I can eat this? Also, I have visions of eating a bite of a nice sandwich. Will I ever be able to eat a bite of a sandwich? It seems like bread is hard for people.

I haven't found anything I can't tolerate at 2 months.

I try and order something high in Protein off appetizers menu and ask that it be brought out w others food. Don't even care what others order.