Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not happy someone slap some sense into me

i was sleeved 9/12/12 ive lost 47lbs since surgery, and 16lbs before surgery, here are my stats

september i lost 10lbs

november i losts 16lbs

december i lost 9lbs

january so far first week 4lbs

why am i not happy? i will tell you why because i went to ross today to see what size pants i wear i just knew i was a 16 or 18

so i grabbed a bunch of jeans in that range and do you know the 18 i couldnt fit i wonder how big my ass really was, but my 22/24 jeans are way to big for me i was so sad because i knew i could at least get in an 18. this battle is something else man. talk to me fellow sleevers.

i was sleeved 9/12/12 ive lost 47lbs since surgery' date=' and 16lbs before surgery, here are my stats

september i lost 10lbs

november i losts 16lbs

december i lost 9lbs

january so far first week 4lbs

why am i not happy? i will tell you why because i went to ross today to see what size pants i wear i just knew i was a 16 or 18

so i grabbed a bunch of jeans in that range and do you know the 18 i couldnt fit i wonder how big my ass really was, but my 22/24 jeans are way to big for me i was so sad because i knew i could at least get in an 18. this battle is something else man. talk to me fellow sleevers.[/quote']

I'm so sorry! I know a lot of brands fit differently, lets blame it on that! You have come a really long way, although I would be pissed too, try not to let it get you down. Use it as motivation to keep working!!! Best of luck!

thank you so much for your kind words. you are right, maybe i should try lane bryant 16's huh or avenue. i just cant swallow i only lost 1 pants size. not losing over 60lbs because every 10lbs is a pants size. again thank you

I am having the exact same problem! My size 18 jeans are way too big for me. One of the pairs doesn't even stay up anymore without a belt. So I went to Target and tried on the exact same brand in the next size down and they were so tight! I just try to keep my chin up and remind myself that I lost 50 lbs from all over my body not just where my pants fit.

Lacey thank you. And you are right, most of the weight came from my upper body.

Awe, hang in there. I feel your pain. I was sleeved 9/4/12 and have lost 55lbs total and it seemed like forever before I was able to go down a size in jeans. I think the first size drop (for those of us who are in bigger sizes anyways) takes a while to happen and then once we get below a 16 it is much faster with smaller weight loss...at least that seems to be the consensus from everything I've read. I was in a size 20 and am finally into a size 16. I bought a pair of 13/14 with hopes that they would fit, but they're still so tight on my belly I couldn't move or breath if I did wear them. That's the other thing, my belly is shrinking at a much slower pace than everything else...my legs fit fine into the smaller pants...evil stomach fat. Anyways, you are doing so great and seem to be on track so just hang in there. It seems like when I tried on smaller and they didn't fit it was less than a month before the smaller size slid on without a problem so maybe try again in 3 weeks! :) Good luck.

Awe' date=' hang in there. I feel your pain. I was sleeved 9/4/12 and have lost 55lbs total and it seemed like forever before I was able to go down a size in jeans. I think the first size drop (for those of us who are in bigger sizes anyways) takes a while to happen and then once we get below a 16 it is much faster with smaller weight loss...at least that seems to be the consensus from everything I've read. I was in a size 20 and am finally into a size 16. I bought a pair of 13/14 with hopes that they would fit, but they're still so tight on my belly I couldn't move or breath if I did wear them. That's the other thing, my belly is shrinking at a much slower pace than everything else...my legs fit fine into the smaller pants...evil stomach fat. Anyways, you are doing so great and seem to be on track so just hang in there. It seems like when I tried on smaller and they didn't fit it was less than a month before the smaller size slid on without a problem so maybe try again in 3 weeks! :) Good luck.[/quote']

Ok I just got my gastric sleeve on Dec.18 its been about 3 weeks i've only lost 20 I have been stuck on the same number for about 4 days now is that normal also I think my stomach is stretching out again cause when I first got home I could not eat a whole yogurt and now I can is that also normal?

Awww girl I know exactly how u feel. I am down almost 70 pounds and one pants size!! WTF!!!! Lol. We got this girl dn at least it's not going up! Lol. Your doing great keep it up. We need to push each other let me know today when u get your half hour of exercise in. We will keep each other going!! Ill best ya to it!!! Lol

You can totally see that you look different. You posted on another thread I was on and I just saw the 2 face shots and I got so excited when my surgery was first done. Don't worry about pants size. They do nothing but torture us with sizes any way because brand, style, everything impacts it :)

sleeve thank you so much for the kind words and i will try again in a few weeks

merci its normal for the amount to increase due to swelling after surgery. and from what i am told we do have a lot of stalls

becca lol im going to try to start next week

joy thank you and you are correct. yea my upper half is shrinking away lower not so fast dang it lol

hey dont worry its not you, im like a 20 at old navy, 18 at khols and 24 at marshalls. Some skinny people stores i swear the next size up is prolly 1/2 inch bigger its ridiculous.

thank you so much for your kind words. you are right' date=' maybe i should try lane bryant 16's huh or avenue. i just cant swallow i only lost 1 pants size. not losing over 60lbs because every 10lbs is a pants size. again thank you[/quote']

Ross clothes are usually irregular! !! So it's not your ass its the store.

thank you so much for your kind words. you are right' date=' maybe i should try lane bryant 16's huh or avenue. i just cant swallow i only lost 1 pants size. not losing over 60lbs because every 10lbs is a pants size. again thank you[/quote']

Ross clothes are usually irregular! !! So it's not your ass its the store.

When I started I was a size 22/24. Now here I am, 52 pounds lighter and I am now wearing a size 22/24. No change at all. The pants are getting looser, but they still fit. Nothing falling off me yet. But I know it will happen. It's all in how our weight is distributed.