Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60+ sleevers please help

Hi everyone....I'm new to the 60's group....have been hanging around the 50's group, but the honest truth is I am 61 so I really need to play with people my own age! I am 3 years post op and some of you may have read my blog 2+ years ago....www.queenofcrop.com I wrote every Sunday for the first year after my surgery. I decided to start writing again....why? Because of the the surgery, I am living a total dream life! So I decided I had more to share....hoping it will be inspirational, especially as we get older.....

Anyway, Hope it's OK that I come in here for a bit and see how all of you are doing!

Hi there I just saved your blog to my favorites and plan on starting to read it when I get back from a family lunch. I am pre op, 60 years old and have about 130 lbs to lose. Getting my surgery done on December 9 as a revision from lap band to sleeve. Looking forward to enjoying and learning from your blog. Thanks

Alfie :)

Looking forward to an upbeat post. I'm thinking that's where you are going. I'm 6 weeks post op, and just started feeling like I had energy again to start each day. Then last night I was cut down with pseudo-gout. Cripples me to the nth degree. Lots if pain. Kills my exercise. Also do you have pointers about foods to choose after the shake phase. ???

Welcome to the group Queen of Crop! Excited for you Alfie! Your surgery date will be here before you know it. I think you will love the sleeve. I know I do. I am almost 6 months out from my surgery and I still am surprised when someone comes up to me who I haven't seen for awhile and tells me I look good. Its who I am now!!

I've had a stall for several months and finally lost another pound this week. I guess my body is still adjusting to the change. I would like to lose at least another 12 lbs. and even could go down another 25. But boy has my life changed. I have so much more energy and I am enjoying my life so much.

I've been going to the pool four times a week for an hour and even starting doing modified push ups on the side of the pool. Then I am trying to walk a mile day on my pedometer. Now that it is so cold here, I walk around in stores. Most of the big ones, if you walk around the perimeter two times, you are close to a mile, then I go up and down the aisles and do my shopping.

We head to FL after Christmas and I can't wait.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!! If you recently had surgery, be sure and let us know how you are doing. I am 53 lbs. down!! Woo Hoo!!

Can I play in this group too? Technically I have 5 weeks before I turn sixty but I like a more.. Ahem... Mature post.

Much luck to the younger set. But it is a bit different after menopause and other fun stuff that comes with age.

I am banded. Coming up on 8 years and altho it has challenges I would not trade it ????changed my life

I am so glad to see someone else who has been on a stall of several months. Those little doubt devils have been trying to get in my head. So two days ago, I committed to another intake adjustment and go with 80-100 grams of Protein and 80-100 ounces of Water / fluids. The scale had a 1/2 pound tick downward today, so I will stay with it for a bit and see if the downward turn will keep on going.

Queen, I am delighted to see you posting again. I read your year-long travel blog when I first entered the forum in August 2013. You gave me encouragement that it gets better for those who have many months under their belts, too.

I was so optimistic that I would be so much better after back surgery. The opposite is true. I can hardly walk. I don't know what went wrong, but this surgery was supposed to stop the numbness in my legs and it's so much worse.

I haven't been watching what i eat but tomorrow I have to get on the scale and get back on program. It's just depressing to expect to get better and get worse.

Wow, OregonDaisy....I am so so sorry to hear you are not well and in pain...and depressed....I wish I could say something that would make you feel better. But you have been around here for such a long time you know that there is lots of emotional support on this site to help get you through this.

I'm right with you Miss Mac. I have noticed that I get stuck at a weight and it might fluctuate a pound for several months. My Dr said it takes 18 mo's to loose the weight for a lot of people. I feel so much better for loosing what I have and I'm not going to obsess on this stall. My BP is normal now w/o meds and the muscle/joint pain has lessened also. At this age I'm so happy to have gotten rid of those 30+ lbs.

Go out and enjoy life and hopefully this stall will leave after the holidays.

Sherry

I am so glad to see someone else who has been on a stall of several months. Those little doubt devils have been trying to get in my head. So two days ago, I committed to another intake adjustment and go with 80-100 grams of Protein and 80-100 ounces of Water / fluids. The scale had a 1/2 pound tick downward today, so I will stay with it for a bit and see if the downward turn will keep on going.

Queen, I am delighted to see you posting again. I read your year-long travel blog when I first entered the forum in August 2013. You gave me encouragement that it gets better for those who have many months under their belts, too.

Positive thoughts sent your way. I hope things will get better for you.

I was so optimistic that I would be so much better after back surgery. The opposite is true. I can hardly walk. I don't know what went wrong, but this surgery was supposed to stop the numbness in my legs and it's so much worse.

I haven't been watching what i eat but tomorrow I have to get on the scale and get back on program. It's just depressing to expect to get better and get worse.

OregonDaisy, I do hope you hang in there. It takes time for nerves to heal after back surgery; sometimes longer than we wish. I have had two multi-level fusions and feel like I can reassure you that if you stick with physical therapy and do the best you can with what you've got, things will get better. Sometimes heating pads and short walks can help at first, but don't push! Later on, maybe you could try tai chi to keep limber and help with balance.

I thought I would never again be able to do the things I can now...and you will, too! PM me if you need to talk!

Thanks everyone, for the encouraging words. I saw the doctor today and he changed my pain medication. He talked about starting physical therapy and then decided I should wait 2 more weeks. I feel quite a bit better today. I think I am finally turning a corner and I'm finally on the upswing.

I really need to stop putting junk in my mouth and justifying it because food is comforting.

Thanks for the positive response. I have a "huge" hiatal hernia that the surgeon says will be my only pain. How long was your recovery

Most people from my experience have hernias. there was minimal pain. I took one pain pill at home, the next day after surgery. Piece of cake!

I am 62, had the surgery at 58 and I feel like I am 40 years old. This surgery changed my life! If you think you are too old, THINK AGAIN!!! If you are in a stall, OK, they happen. It doesn't mean you are stopping losing weight...and let's face it...look at all the weight loss numbers on this thread alone!!! When was the last time we all lost this much weight. Yes, our age make our recovery and exercise a little different from the 30 something's out there, but they won't be moving as much as they are now when they are 60 either...no matter what their weight. I am going to self-promote my book here (honest, I'm not in this for the money...I will never make enough to cover what I put into it...) But reading someone else's blog is what got me through all these things...and since I am older, I think if you took a look at my book (which chronicled the first year of my surgery every Sunday at age 58, I think you will be inspired. MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER!!!! You can check it out on https://www.createspace.com/5130620%C2'> It's called Queen of Crop (and Alex Brecher has ok'd the fact that I can tell you about this on the site; he has read it and knows it will inspire others.) Good luck and you are never too old to have the healthy life you deserve!!!!

Queen of Crop

www.queenofcrop.com

Just got sleeved in May 2015. Best thing I've done for my health! Weight loss is slow but going in the right direction????. It's good to see this 60s thread getting more active. I'm 61 and looking

forward to getting to know you Sleevers.