Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TUMMY TUCK TOMORROW MORNING

some one ask me to ask to my doctor for a Tummy Tuck with out paying air fare, just don't remember who did it, well i ask him: hey doctor i just found this site and there are manny people giving all to get their goals so there are some girls that want to have a tt but you need to give them a nice price?

You two girls are such an inspiration. I haven't been on the board for a while, and thought, tonight, that I'd see what had been posted about a neck lift. Boy! My lucky night! Frumpy.......I would have bought your book on your Tummy Tuck journey if you had written one. You did all of us a great service with your online journal. I, too, would like a TT....but first things first....I need a neck lift. My doctor told me I need to wait a few more months and get a few more lbs. off before having that procedure done. So, I'll be back to let everyone know. I plan on using Dr. George Sanders in Encino, CA. He has come highly recommended. Thank you, again!

Thanks for the sweet compliment Readyforachange! I also wrote about my day to day journey for selfish reasons. I really needed emotional support and every member that wrote me, sent me emails, and the ones that just followed my posts gave me a feeling of not being alone. The support on this site is phenomenal! I don't know what I would have done without this site through my VSG and TT!

Quick update: Today is my 39th day since my TT surgery so just a little over 5 weeks out. I can finally stand up straight!!! On the 34th day is when I noticed I could stand up straight but to really hold my shoulders back and walk as straight up as I could took until yesterday, Day 38. My incision is almost completely healed. There are just a few very tiny places that still have a little scab. It's still a little swollen on top and bottom of the incision. I still can't wear jeans because it hurts for pressure and something rough and rubbing on it so for now only soft material pants. I still have some original steri strips on the incision but it's mostly paper tape now. My doc told me to put paper tape on the incision when and wherever the steri strips come off. My next follow up appointment with doc is in 3 months so everything is going great! Thank you EVERYONE for all of your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Frumpynomore for documenting your journey for us, and your no- holds barred honesty, you're an inspiration!

Thanks too to Lara- and healing thoughts to you both. Well done!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you SOOO much for being so open and sharing not only your story but pictures as well. Your results a phenomenal!! It makes me want to get mine tomorrow if I could, but I have to save for a couple of years yet. You are going to be sooo happy, especially a few months out and then a year or more out when everything is perfectly healed! Congratulations!

WOW... to both of you... thank you for posting the pictures, they are appreciated.

I have a consultation beg of next month with a provisional surgery date a few weeks later, of the consultation and price is right.

After reading your story - warts and all - I realise that this is an emotional journey as well as a physical one.

I have to say, I am looking forward to getting it done now and recovering... like you I so want the skin gone.

I am 2 1/2 years out now and although I am not at my goal weight, I have been at this weight for over a year. I am trying to get rid of the last 14lbs, but my body is being very stubborn and doesn't want to shift the last bit of fat!

One question for you both, I am a teacher (comprehensive school - high school age 11-16yrs) and I am planning on having 4 weeks off work... do you think that this is realistic? My only real worry is getting back to work. I have a brillant support unit in the shape of an amazing husband, two lovely children, supportive parents - although elderly - and great friends. I know that these people will help me through the first two weeks... it is the return to work that I am concerned about.

Any further insight will be muchly appreciated.

Congrats to both of you!

Hello Coops!

Yes, I believe that 4 weeks is long enough to take off from work. I went back to work on Day 19 and although I was uncomfortable sitting and very tired I managed just fine. I put my laptop on top of a file cabinet so I could stand up most of the day at work, I took the elevator instead of the stairs to my office, and I brought my lunch to work everyday so I wouldn't have to drive anytime other than to work and back. You will just have to make some small adjustments to make your days as comfortable as possible to get through them. As you know, everybody heals at different rates and there are different levels of pain so I say 4 weeks is long enough with that caveat. The first 2 weeks are the worst but everyday you will feel a little bit better than the day before. Good luck and please keep us all posted on your TT journey!

Today is Day 43, 7 weeks out from my TT! Wow, how time flies! Seven weeks ago I dreamed, prayed and begged for the time to go by quickly so as not to have any more pain and to feel normal again! I am soooo happy I had the TT and especially the time of year I chose. I haven't had to deal with the heat or humidity which I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would have been! For the most part, I can stand up straight and look normal to everyone that doesn't know I've had a TT BUT I still can't pull my shoulders completely back and stand as straight up as possible. There is a pull in my stomach when I try to and my doc says not to push it...just let it happen naturally. All the steri strips and tape are gone from the incision now. I actually put on my first pair of jeans today with no pain on the incision. I still can't lay down flat on my back. I have to elevate my legs on one pillow or it pulls on my stomach. I still have to help myself up with my arms from a lying down position too or it pulls my stomach muscles and hurts a bit. The incision looks great though. It's a little crooked and still very lumpy and red but I know that it's going to take a good year before it's through completely healing and I'm not complaining! Perfectionism was not my goal and as far as I'm concerned my stomach IS PERFECT compared to what it was! I had a request from a fellow member to post an updated picture of my incision so I'll be doing that tonight or tomorrow. BTW: I will be having my Breast lift/new implant and thigh lift consult on April 3rd! Isn't it funny how soon we forget the pain!

You are soooo welcome Smoggy and Supersweetums! As I've mentioned before and can't say thank-you enough...I got through it not just from my family and friends but also from all the helpful, friendly, and supportive members on this site!

When you say it pulls on your stomach to stand up straight, do you mean the skin or your abdominal muscles? Just curious.

Standing up straight pulls on the stomach muscles inside. To anyone looking at me that doesn't know I had a TT I look like I'm standing straight. I'm glad you asked the question, Butterthebean, so I could clarify. I wouldn't want anyone thinking that my actual skin is being pulled this far out from having the TT! Turning or twisting at the waist pulls too on the muscles inside. For everyone's information, I weigh exactly the same that I did before my TT. Even though, generally speaking, I know that not much weight loss happens with a TT it's still a little upsetting. To be honest, I haven't been eating well since my TT and need to get a grip again.

Hello Coops!

Yes, I believe that 4 weeks is long enough to take off from work. I went back to work on Day 19 and although I was uncomfortable sitting and very tired I managed just fine. I put my laptop on top of a file cabinet so I could stand up most of the day at work, I took the elevator instead of the stairs to my office, and I brought my lunch to work everyday so I wouldn't have to drive anytime other than to work and back. You will just have to make some small adjustments to make your days as comfortable as possible to get through them. As you know, everybody heals at different rates and there are different levels of pain so I say 4 weeks is long enough with that caveat. The first 2 weeks are the worst but everyday you will feel a little bit better than the day before. Good luck and please keep us all posted on your TT journey!

Thank you frumpynomore... you've put my mind at ease. You are making excellent progress and it is really pleasing to hear! I am particularly excited about the prospect of wearing a bikini this summer too.. I haven't worn one that shows the tummy for nearly twenty years! I did wear a tankini last year, but it looked like a one piece.

We've booked to go to Turkey in August this year, so I am hoping that I will be good to go by then and ready to get some sun on my new belly!

A little late but as promised...Day 46 after TT pictures:

post-237897-13813137831481_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663259029_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663259892_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663260715_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663261557_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663262396_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663263252_thumb.jpg post-216278-13813137834297_thumb.jpg post-18226-13813663264061_thumb.jpg

Today is Day 47 and I still have a little swelling just above and below my incision. Most of my stomach is still VERY numb and even down my thighs a couple of inches. I wore jeans yesterday and couldn't tell how tight they were so I wore a wife beater tshirt under my top and tucked it in to prevent my jeans from rubbing the incision. You can see in the latest pics I posted that the incision is red and lumpy. The lumpiness will go away as will the redness in time. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than what my stomach use to look like. It is a little teeny tiny bit disappointing that the incision isn't perfectly straight across and that it doesn't look like the stomach of a swimsuit model on the cover of Sports Illustrated but it's o.k. I'm real and this is my life and reality isn't what we always want...I'm totally pleased with the outcome!

Just looking at your pics gets me excited! If my results are half as good as yours I will be one very happy lady!

Your whole mid sections looks fantastic! You must be thrilled!