Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

Mine is rose too...he has his own place here in parker called bariatric spa

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes. That's his office. Been there a few times!!

Quinnavere

Life changed on 9/26/16 with the sleeve!

Hi all! I'm in Aurora, started with the process last year with Cigna and Dr. Rothchild @UCH but Lizzy my insurance. Now I am trying to restart the process with Kaiser. Does anyone have any info on their process/timeline?

Hi all! I'm in Aurora, started with the process last year with Cigna and Dr. Rothchild @UCH but Lizzy my insurance. Now I am trying to restart the process with Kaiser. Does anyone have any info on their process/timeline?

Ashley, just started with Kaiser myself. I had my intake appointment (meet with doc, discuss medical history, blood work), the following week met with psych (20 minutes), and am now waiting to be scheduled for my 6 week nutrition class. I was told I should hear within 5 days, so I'll likely call them today. My understanding is surgery typically happens 2-4 weeks after you finish your classes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow, thats quick! Is the 6 weeks requirement per kaiser or your plan specifically? Also, my big concerns are the requirement for having to be obese for 3/5 years, which I have been but it is not documentd and the out of pocket cost.

Oh wow, thats quick! Is the 6 weeks requirement per kaiser or your plan specifically? Also, my big concerns are the requirement for having to be obese for 3/5 years, which I have been but it is not documentd and the out of pocket cost.

Ashley, they haven't said anything to me about the 3-5 years. I meam, if that was the case, that should all be in your medical history unless you haven't been to the doc at all.

The 6 weeks is what is required by Kaiser Denver. I don't believe that is plan specific.

I just found out I have have a clean nicotine test before I start classes...which sucks. I have already quit, but they are making me wait 30 days to test.

Out of pocket is based on your plan. If its covered, it will likely max out your out of pocket. They do require at least a 750 up front deposit and will work on a payment plan. With my plan, I'll likely pay around 2800-3000

Unfortunately, I have avoided doctors for a few years because none were willing to listen ir help me. Thus means of course that I haven't had a pcp to document anything. I just last year started this process and am having to start over due to a change in insurance. I'd I have to meet that requirement I will be waiting a long time.

I quit smoking years ago so a nicotine test would not be an issue .

Another negative, I do not think the surgery itself applies to my out if pocket so.... yeah. I'm hoping to be able to get all preop styff covered and only b have to pay for the surgery. The payment plan m, is that through rhe hospital, St. Josephs, I assume?

I am in Colorado Springs have not had my surgery yet just finishing up my classes and supervised weight loss visits should be all done by March then will be able to schedule for surgery. I am looking to see what type of Protein Shakes everybody has tried and has liked and also what Vitamins are you all taking?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi! I had my surgery in june of 2013. Im very excited for you! I also live in colorado SE Aurora. I used Isopure Zero Carb Protein powder in creamy vanilla from GNC. I actually like it a lot, and still drink it occasionally when I need a quick meal...like busy busy days. I only take a one a day, and that seems ok. Quite honestly, keep Proteins on hand, fill up on healthy food and you will do fine. I will say, sugar is your enemy! Haha! As in sweets. I did really good for 2 years, no candy, no cravings. But once you think you can have one, well, let's say, im now working to get the 20 that has crept back on again off!! I now keep those grape tomatoes in a bowl ony counters as my treat! And I freeze grapes for better choices. After the surgery, you will understand, for some reason, for me anyways, I was so busy trying to get the good things in, and sweets didnt even come to mind! Oh! And I used to be a diet coke FANATIC. I learned THAT lesson very hard. Do not drink any sparkling anything or carbonated anything! It only took one sip, one time...and I still wont look at it!!

Hello all, I'm in the Colorado area. "Aurora!" I go in for my surgery 7/19. Nervous and excited!!!

I'm Aurora Too! It'll be 4 years June 24th... I have slipped lately...fallen.... 30 lbs on in 6 months... but determined to get back to goal again by june! Slow and steady wins the race. I loved being at goal. Feeling that confidence that while everyone thought the surgery was crazy, I did it! And got to goal. And that pride on my daughters face when we went shopping for what I thought I'd wear... size 12s, and find out I was an 8! (Goal for size was a 10 after being a skin tight 20!) Going home getting on the scale...and had hit my weight Goal of 100 lbs off. Yeah, I'll do it again, because I really loved that feeling, and hate the dread of gaining 10, then 20 and then 30.....Ugh! Small .... steady.... one step at a time. That's all of us here. Newbies reteach the "veterans" veterans teach about the reality of what it's really like! We all share the same story! We got this!

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App